Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Hunter transmorg!!! Dual pistols XD

How cool it would be if we could use pistols also as hunter!!!

What's your opinion on that fellow Hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters wouldn't use dual pistols.. simply put.
    good idea but doesn't suit the role.
    HOWEVER, if rogues somehow managed to get a ranged spec, it would suit them.
    Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.

Why not? It's a ranged weapon XD

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    Because dual pistols aren't used for anything practical. For hunting you'd want something that has a certain level of effectiveness in terms of range, accuracy and I'd imagine a bunch of other things. Pistols just aren't hunting weapons, and using 2 at the same time only works in action movies and nowhere else.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2015-01-11 at 11:53 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Because dual pistols aren't used for anything practical. For hunting you'd want something that has a certain level of effectiveness in terms of range, accuracy and I'd imagine a bunch of other things. Pistols just aren't hunting weapons, and using 2 at the same time only works in action movies and nowhere else.
    Don't worry goblins would fix those small details hahaha

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be more suited to rogues imo.

Ill just leave this here...

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Would be more suited to rogues imo.
    I just don't see a stealth class being ranged sorry for all the fellow rogues.

Because they're hunters, not gunslingers or cowboys.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

I just don't see a stealth class being ranged sorry for all the fellow rogues.
    Well I guess that settles it. HeiAggra, who thinks dual pistols should be used for hunting, doesn't think Rogues could use pistols. I suppose that means it'll never happen.

On a serious note, if dual pistols were to happen, it'd be a new class or another spec to Rogue. I feel that the latter is more likely.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't see anything against dual pistols... hunters already use rifles which was common in wild west, they have bows and crossbows, they could use dual crossbows like DH in diablo or dual pistols. It would be actually very cool.

Pistols are close quarters weapons, much more suited to rogues or warriors.

If hunters were to get dual wield weapons, it should be in the form of a standard ranged weapon (bow, gun, crossbow), plus a shoulder mounted weapon such as an attack kestrel, shoulder mounted rpg etc. An alternative would be to have a single ranged weapon that launched multiple projectiles, for example a quad barrel shotgun.

[QUOTE=Lyllian;31640800]Pistols are close quarters weapons, much more suited to rogues or warriors.

It's true close range weapon, when i raid with my bow i'm in orgrimmar shooting the moobs in draenor lol XD
    Just kidding. Also for the range hunter have in game its ok to use a pistol since it has more range then a simple bow.

Deleted
    This thread is akin to saying "warriors should use daggers because they have a blade and so does a 2h sword". I'll let you figure out exactly what is wrong with that.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    [QUOTE=HeiAggra;31640826]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyllian View Post
    Pistols are close quarters weapons, much more suited to rogues or warriors.

It's true close range weapon, when i raid with my bow i'm in orgrimmar shooting the moobs in draenor lol XD
    Just kidding. Also for the range hunter have in game its ok to use a pistol since it has more range then a simple bow.
    .... Wut da feck did I just read? o.O

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Lunstra View Post
    This thread is akin to saying "warriors should use daggers because they have a blade and so does a 2h sword". I'll let you figure out exactly what is wrong with that.
    LOL yeah true that. I want a Hunter Healer class!!! with some mean looking pet that vomits on my team to heal them =)

- - - Updated - - -

Also for all saying that it's a range problem and accuracy problem what about shootguns?
    Well we have them in game also right? So i dont see it as very valid point.

Deleted
    LOL yeah true that. I want a Hunter Healer class!!! with some mean looking pet that vomits on my team to heal them =)

- - - Updated - - -

Also for all saying that it's a range problem and accuracy problem what about shootguns?
    It's not a range or accuracy problem It's a "doesn't make any sense with the class and game design" problem. It's like asking for paladins to get shadow magic spells, rogues to get 2handers or druids to get warlock spells. It makes no thematic sense, would require another hunter only item slot, would require dedicated development that would be better spent on something of value and would piss people off either because hunters would get a 4th spec, or that an existing hunter spec would be completely rebranded and mangled to justify it.

Also we have shotguns, they function identically to the other guns.

Edit: To clarify, at such close ranges shotguns work more or less identically to rifles. That massive scatter you see in games and movies? Yeah that doesn't happen in real life unless you saw the barrel off to pistol lengths. What actually happens is instead of a single bullet hitting you, a fist wide cloud of shot hits you instead.
    Last edited by mmoc04e257e81e; 2015-01-11 at 01:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

That's because Shotguns in games do not represent Shotguns in the real world.

Shotguns in IRL can be used at extreme ranges, hence why the ones in WoW can be used at range. However, most games (And movies) would lead you to believe Shotguns are close ranged weapons.
    Last edited by Krothar; 2015-01-11 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunstra View Post
    It's not a range or accuracy problem It's a "doesn't make any sense with the class and game design" problem. It's like asking for paladins to get shadow magic spells, rogues to get 2handers or druids to get warlock spells. It makes no thematic sense, would require another hunter only item slot, would require dedicated development that would be better spent on something of value and would piss people off either because hunters would get a 4th spec, or that an existing hunter spec would be completely rebranded and mangled to justify it.

Also we have shotguns, they function identically to the other guns.
    Sorry mate but for dual pistol no need for another spec. Shootguns are close range weapons it a lot of firepower not ideal to hunt also that was my question just give the pistols to hunter it would be cool im saying in a visual way that's all no new spells or 4th spec i did not said anything of that!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    That's because Shotguns in games do not represent Shotguns in the real world.
    So Pistols don't fit because in real world they don't do the job but with shotguns it's ok since it's a game?
    O.o kinda tricky that answer mate

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry mate but for dual pistol no need for another spec. Shootguns are close range weapons it a lot of firepower not ideal to hunt also that was my question just give the pistols to hunter it would be cool im saying in a visual way that's all no new spells or 4th spec i did not said anything of that!

- - - Updated - - -

So Pistols don't fit because in real world they don't do the job but with shotguns it's ok since it's a game?
    O.o kinda tricky that answer mate
    What I'm saying is, shotguns ARE a ranged weapon, so WoW using them as a ranged weapon is fine. But Pistols do have issues due to range and accuracy, so I understand why it doesn't make sense for hunters to dual wield them.
    Plus, it really doesn't fit the class.