Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Green fire quest

So, I leveled up my warlock a bit to get a good iLv before attempting the Green Fire quest. I got my tomb, founds my soul gems and am now on the Black Temple part. I've read a TON about the last boss but can't seem to find anything about the Reliquary of Souls death maze. I've tried 3 separate times to navigate the maze, every time using my eye of kilrog to detect the traps, but every time ends in failure when I chain detonate traps. I'll detonate one, step to a place I *KNOW* is safe and deonate another, then another. Since I've got the HP to stand there and I know I'm going to die anyway, I summoned my eye to see where I went wrong.... and every time, I was standing in the middle of the pathway -- yet, traps were detonating. Did anyone else have issues with this part?
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

iirc your pet can trigger traps. make sure you dismiss it.

I had issues with this as well. So the pet detonating the bomb was the first case.
    The second case was that I was demonology so if I ever got an adds, I would easily get a wild imp. They pop bombs too so you basically don't ever touch a bomb as demo or don't be demo.

Lastly, the eye can trigger a trap. This is really the only issue after the pet thing. It always spawned to my left so I always made sure to summon with that in mind. After taking all that into account, nothing spawned.

Iirc, I used my gateway a lot from one clear area to the next, also. I would use the eye to scope out the next area and send my gateway there.

Quote Originally Posted by Elorii View Post
    Iirc, I used my gateway a lot from one clear area to the next, also. I would use the eye to scope out the next area and send my gateway there.
    This is exactly how I did it as well. It's cake, use the eye, place your portal and jump. Wash rinse and repeat. Stay still if you need to fight any of the spirits. Good luck with the quest, took me a while to get it pre wod, not sure how hard it is after the squish or at 100.

If i recall right, the glyph of eye of kilrogg, allows you to place your teleport with the eye. That makes navigating the maze an utter joke.

At 100 the fight is easy. I just did it on my EU account (rerolled from US due to rl issues) and just feared the pit lord. Kept doomguard out and fight was over in no time.

Deleted
    Is there any prerequisite to be able to drop the book? All the people that I know dropped it in 2-10 rares, and comments everywhere on the web seem to point to the same metric, but I'm like 40 rares in and it just doesnt drop. Am I missing something or is it just rng being a bitch?

You have to be a Warlock to loot the book. Other than that I think the rate is pretty low.

Wowhead puts it at 1.8-2%
    I killed about 50 rares before it dropped.

10+ Year Old Account
    SS yourself. Glyph eye drop the port all the way at the bosses ramp. Drop gateway from your spot to as close to the ramp as you can. Take gateway. Port to circle. Die Rez . GG

I found the maze to be the hardest part of the whole thing. Like the others said, if your pet is causing a problem dismiss it, use your Eye to scout out a path and drop a gateway. Try to avoid spirits but if you have to fight them stay still- don't move around. It took me a little bit because of the gateway cool down, but made it through. Good luck!

Placing markers helps make this maze easy. Use the eye, place a marker in a way so you can walk in a straight line to the marker. Use the eye and place the second marker, walk in straight line. One of the corners is a tight turn, place the marker exactly where you must so you don't walk too far, place the next marker and move in a straight line. You can place markers while using the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Allyrion View Post
    Wowhead puts it at 1.8-2%
    I killed about 50 rares before it dropped.
    I tried to go farm it but there were a bunch of horde warlocks and before I noticed I was dead. And I'd rather not buy it off of AH since in my realm it costs 22k so I guess I'll have to try farm it again someday.

Deleted
    I used eye to place the ground markers, but something always detonated by the end of the maze, I don't know if I had pet up or not. Possibly not, since I've made it to the last "wall". I just said fork it and jumped through to the other side, because I figured there would be a save point there

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Placing markers helps make this maze easy. Use the eye, place a marker in a way so you can walk in a straight line to the marker. Use the eye and place the second marker, walk in straight line. One of the corners is a tight turn, place the marker exactly where you must so you don't walk too far, place the next marker and move in a straight line. You can place markers while using the eye.
    Or do like I did and use it to place a teleport with the Eye Of Kilrogg glyphed. No more walking and triggering.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember I tried this and kept wiping to the last boss fight and gave up ,still have the quest in my logs.

Would I faceroll it now at 665ílvl, or does it scale?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromus View Post
    I remember I tried this and kept wiping to the last boss fight and gave up ,still have the quest in my logs.

Would I faceroll it now at 665ílvl, or does it scale?
    I did it with a 601 Lock, and I killed him shortly after the first Imp phase. It's a joke now.

It might be a piece of cake now but none of the people attempting it now are going to get the achievement/title.

Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    It might be a piece of cake now but none of the people attempting it now are going to get the achievement/title.
    The cosmetic change was the reason most did it in the first place. The title was announced later, and the achievement... meh.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    I like the title more than the green fire, actually