Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conn View Post
    Having an argument with Guild MT here. He is running Divine Purpose and claims HA is wrong choice. He say it procs a lot and is clearly the best choice.

So as a player that does nto fully understand pala tanks, but does a lot of research for the guild to increase our chances on progression (10/13m now), what arguments could i use to persuade him to go with HA?
    You cannot spec out of HA when you get the ring.

So they macro it to the ring to basicly make tanks unkillable for 18sec?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conn View Post
    So they macro it to the ring to basicly make tanks unkillable for 18sec?
    Yes. HA and DP are fairly even defensively in a vacuum. However once you have the ring, you simply will not die during the time it's up. It's nigh-on impossible.

Look at every log for top paladins - they all run HA. Just link him log after log of prot paladins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veilyn View Post
    Yes. HA and DP are fairly even defensively in a vacuum. However once you have the ring, you simply will not die during the time it's up. It's nigh-on impossible.

Look at every log for top paladins - they all run HA. Just link him log after log of prot paladins.
    Top paladins run HA for the DPS at a negligible cost to survival, not because HA is the flat-out best choice on all parameters. There are multiple fights in HFC where a perfectly cromulent argument can be made for taking DP over HA if DPS is in no sense or fashion a consideration.

That said, we're so far into the tier that nobody should be playing anything other than HA.

To embiggen that point, the defensive value of taking HA for the purpose of using it during the ring, is very negligible - you're not going to die during the ring anyway, making it even less likely that you'll die is not useful.

In case it's not entirely obvious, HA is a massive dps increase especially because a proc'd avenger's shield will benefit from the +30% damage increase of "holy power generators" during it.

Deleted
    Well HA can be seen as an on use survival cd. It will be there to guarantee u fill your HoPo bank ASAP when u need it without having SotR downtime issues if u going with Sera, can guarantee u 30 secs+ of SotR when there is dire need for it plus u can fire a series of WTMF-empowered WoGs during it. So in a world where on use trinkets are next to non existent whatever comes handy as an on use cd is a pretty much solid choice imo (not to mention the times u are not actively tanking and u get these annoying series of DP procs and am pretty sure everyone has gotten a bittersweet feeling for them huh).
    Logs these days can be deceiving as most of the top parsing pallies take part in trivialized fights that they cheez even more by workin some magic (cancellin defenses to have a libram procc for example). Mmo's guide is golden and everyone trying to gear up or progressing with a toon in heroic or mythic hfc should stick to it before trying to go outside the lines like most of our decorated veterans in here do. Bluntly put u can summarize that in "do as i say not as i do" when reading their advices and then trying to check their logs and buffle over what they actually do.
    Plus care should be taken when checking armories and stuff since for example going with DP+HS can be of almost the same value if someone has logged to do a carefree series of tw dungeons etc.
    TLDR:mmo guide + advice from top players that keep in mind their progress story >>>>>> everything else. (and that why we always return in this thread where we can refer to both these 2 criteria when in need of fast and reliable answers)

On a sideline : how happy are we that in this expansion the strongest trinkets where procc related and what info we got about legion ones ? this (annoying imo) trend gonna carry on ?
    Last edited by mmoc0e2bb9485a; 2016-06-06 at 09:17 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Curious as to which tanks are seeming more viable for Legion. I haven't heard much about prot pally but have heard that Warrior and Bear seem very good. What do you guys think?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spicedrum View Post
    Curious as to which tanks are seeming more viable for Legion. I haven't heard much about prot pally but have heard that Warrior and Bear seem very good. What do you guys think?
    Prot is very good raids, less so for dungeons. You should direct Legion questions to this thread.

Can we maybe get these unstickied now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dvlx View Post
    Can we maybe get these unstickied now?
    Yea a new guide/thread would be great

just wondering did we ever get the legion version of this guide or is it still in the works?

I just rolled a paladin for fun, and tried protection paladin. I have a main brewmaster, 851 ilvl. don't raid but i do alot of mythics. Brewmasters are really challenging and fun to play, because u need to manage your charges, control over dmg (do i want to purify or do i want to take more dmg and purify even more with ED or do i want more soothing dmg intake like HT)

Anyways, i found the rotation of the Prot paladin to be incredibly......mundane? just consecrate, throw up all charges of Shield of the Righteous, and avenger shield when the proc comes up... and light of protector if you need to heal back, rinse repeat?

Quote Originally Posted by sdre View Post
    Anyways, i found the rotation of the Prot paladin to be incredibly......mundane? just consecrate, throw up all charges of Shield of the Righteous, and avenger shield when the proc comes up... and light of protector if you need to heal back, rinse repeat?
    Do that and you'll be in for a world of pain.

Legion prot pallys are about staggering the use of your mitigation skills. Not "Blow everything, take no damage for 15sec and then get fucked for the next 10".

You need to manage when to use your SotR charges. When to use your LoP (heal now for less, or wait for the next hit and heal for more but drop lower in health? Exactly like your Stagger paradigm). Take into account Righteous Protector if you have it talented, etc...

I guess that's just how we'll be able to differenciate between good prot pals and very good prot pals. Like we could during WoD with HoPo usage (ie: not dump 3 HoPo on a SotR everytime you got 3).
    Signatures in 2018 LUL

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to un-stick this, since we're no longer in WoD. If anybody is interested in writing the Protection guide, please feel free to PM me.