Elite Gear From 2s?

I was just wondering about this today, as I haven't played a single season where you could get elite gear from 2s , but can you get the elite gear from 2s this season? I've had a couple people tell me that you can and it just blew my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep you can.

Only the weapon glow enchantments are unobtainable from the 2s bracket. Tabard is obtainable aswell if you by some miracle manage to reach 2.6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

does elite require 2krating or 27k for season

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillbayne View Post
    It requires both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillbayne View Post
    Requires both. The total conquest likely wont be a huge problem, but the length of the season will determine a lot. You can't buy offspec pieces with honor hitting 27k this season and the elite gear requires conquest on top of the pieces you've already purchased. So plan ahead if you don't get a decent cap every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebren View Post
    Requires both. The total conquest likely wont be a huge problem, but the length of the season will determine a lot. You can't buy offspec pieces with honor hitting 27k this season and the elite gear requires conquest on top of the pieces you've already purchased. So plan ahead if you don't get a decent cap every week.
    You will have a decent cap if you are 2k

Added question, do you have to hit 2k for the season or actively remain 2k at the point of purchase for elite gear? For instance, upon hitting 2k (if you don't expect to grow beyond that) is it best to just park it and get Conquest in 3s/RBGs/Ashran beyond your weekly arena cap trigger match?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    Added question, do you have to hit 2k for the season or actively remain 2k at the point of purchase for elite gear? For instance, upon hitting 2k (if you don't expect to grow beyond that) is it best to just park it and get Conquest in 3s/RBGs/Ashran beyond your weekly arena cap trigger match?
    You need to have 2k rating at the time you wish to purchase the elite items.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShultz View Post
    You will have a decent cap if you are 2k
    Only if you're playing at that rating every week. Which is why I said plan ahead

Thanks for the responses! Still blows my mind that something so incredibly unbalanced in comparison to the other brackets can give elite gear.

What if you got 2k in the season and say tanked to 1950? Could you still buy the elite gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandma View Post
    What if you got 2k in the season and say tanked to 1950? Could you still buy the elite gear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Einarr View Post
    You need to have 2k rating at the time you wish to purchase the elite items.
    Your question was already answered friend. I can confirm Einarr's post.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Came in here to post that you couldn't but I have been corrected, nice info to know.
    Dedicated Gamer and Writer
    Check out my blog, every read and share really helps out!

http://meanddavid.blogspot.com/
    http://forscent.tumblr.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Semi new to the pvp world an am confused by this. When you say elite gear you aren't talking about the epic primal pvp gear you buy with conquests? Is Season 16 Elite gear different? Can someone enlighten me on how to obtain it and where, I haven't seen anyone with it yet...

10+ Year Old Account
    Elite gear is a transmogable set that requires you to have a current rating of 2k+ and to have earned 27000 conquest points in the current season when you buy it. The highest rated players will unlock it roughly 9-10 weeks after the season began because of a cap of around 3k per week.

You can only buy it in ashran from your faction leader when he's not under attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewwindeeps View Post
    I was just wondering about this today, as I haven't played a single season where you could get elite gear from 2s , but can you get the elite gear from 2s this season? I've had a couple people tell me that you can and it just blew my mind.
    yeah they changed that sometime during wrath.

Haven't elite sets been available from 2s the last few seasons too? I thought that happened the same time they made them cosmetic-only.

I broke the 27000 mark this week but can't buy a full set of the gear yet, messed up on some gear purchases during the season sadly

Quote Originally Posted by Kebren View Post
    Only if you're playing at that rating every week. Which is why I said plan ahead
    as the season goes on it's only gonna get easier to get that rating (what was it like +10 mmr for everyone every week) so don't be afraid to play even if you just hit 2k : )