Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Garrison Campaigns and Terrible Blizzard CS.

So I've been reading about Garrison campaigns for weeks now and assumed that was just what people called Invasions.

Though I then find out that I am meant to be getting a weekly quest every week that is actually a Campaign and is not linked to invasions.

I've been level 100 since 2 days after expansion launched and had my tier 3 Garrison since day 3. Yet I have never received a quest for Garrison campaigns EVER on my Character. I didn't even know they existed.

After some sleuthing on the net about my problem it seems it is fairly common thing for people to not have received any quests and the most common thing about them is they can't get any help from Blizzard, like at all. All Blizzard does is refer you to fan sites, that's it. My problem and ticket have been disregarded as a bug and I have simply been told to "check Wowhead". Wtf.

IF IT WAS SOMETHING A FAN SITE COULD HELP I would understand but it has nothing to do with the sites, as it seems like a bug.

A few of my friends have had the same problem and their main char which hit 100 a couple days after expansion have not received a single campaign quest but their alts they leveled to 100 afterwards received them instantly.

Anyone else having the same issue and can't get anything off Blizzard but some generic bullshit about "CHECK FANSITES YO ITS MAD INFOS!!"

Edit: Putting this response from later in the thread in the OP so people don't keep repeating the same statements over and over since they didn't read past the Original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Doesn't matter anymore though, I finally got a GM to fix the bug 3 days ago, apparently my Quest had completed but had been in limbo for weeks which was blocking the others which was also causing me to not be able to get 25 quests, I was getting told at 24/25 my log was full and I have got my Campaign quest for this week.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2015-01-21 at 05:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I think you might actually have one of these in your quest log and dont even know it. A buddy in my guild didnt think he was getting them and I had him read the quests he had in his log and one of them was the same one I had in Nagrand. I had one in my log for like 2 weeks because I thought it was a random quest I picked up in Nagrand and it was actually the weekly. The weeklies are almost the same as the daily Apexis quest. It sends you somewhere you fill up your little bar and get gold and crystals and a few other extra quests. I got 500 extra gold from one with the goblins. Pretty boss.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

I missed my first week because I didn't notice I had one on the outskirts of my garrison, outside the front gate. You may wanna take a pass around the area just in case, though I'm not trying to diminish your problem with the CS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliippy View Post
    So, I think you might actually have one of these in your quest log and dont even know it. A buddy in my guild didnt think he was getting them and I had him read the quests he had in his log and one of them was the same one I had in Nagrand. I had one in my log for like 2 weeks because I thought it was a random quest I picked up in Nagrand and it was actually the weekly. The weeklies are almost the same as the daily Apexis quest. It sends you somewhere you fill up your little bar and get gold and crystals and a few other extra quests. I got 500 extra gold from one with the goblins. Pretty boss.
    I don't have any Quests besides Heroic Dungeon and legendary ring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    I missed my first week because I didn't notice I had one on the outskirts of my garrison, outside the front gate. You may wanna take a pass around the area just in case, though I'm not trying to diminish your problem with the CS.
    I searched every area where quests "should" be for the last week and found nothing

If you are certain that you don't have the quest just annoy the fuck out of them and always reopen your ticket or write a new one. At some point you usually end up with someone who isn't retarded and will actually try to help.

I'm in the same boat, some of my alts have had them (Darktide Roost, Ring of Blood etc.) none on my main.

Someone said "oh its a random chance if you get them" and I hadn't been paying *too* close attention but yeah its been a few months now you mention it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    If you are certain that you don't have the quest just annoy the fuck out of them and always reopen your ticket or write a new one. At some point you usually end up with someone who isn't retarded and will actually try to help.
    My GF has this bug, but managed to get 3 campaigns before it bugged and she didn't get any more. She had to page Blizzard 4 times before she got someone useful, who got on her character for awhile to try and find out what was wrong. She had completed the ring of blood campaign, but it said she was still on it for some reason, so the GM told her to submit a bug report and he'd forward it to the bug team.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Is it possible you get stuck on the primal fury garrison campaign? That one I think might be bugged because there is no quest link for it, while there are for the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

You might have done part of a campaign early on not realizing what it was but not finished it. For example the Sargerai one were you need an outfit to see the quest giver. You very easily could have turned in a quest, aggroed a mob and lost the disguise and never realized there was another quest. Not having completely it in it's entirety would keep you from getting any campaigns until its completed.

I was in a similar situation as you. I had no idea what a friend of mine was talking about when he said "Garrison Campaign". Turns out I stopped questing too soon in Nargand. I had to go back a pick up the quest near Joz's Rylaks. It had something to do with killing an orge to get his head to enter the ring of blood. After I did those quests, getting the title, I went back to the garrison and had a campaign quest waiting for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devos Songare View Post
    I was in a similar situation as you. I had no idea what a friend of mine was talking about when he said "Garrison Campaign". Turns out I stopped questing too soon in Nargand. I had to go back a pick up the quest near Joz's Rylaks. It had something to do with killing an orge to get his head to enter the ring of blood. After I did those quests, getting the title, I went back to the garrison and had a campaign quest waiting for me.
    I've completed all quests and bonus objectives in every zone including the head on a spike one for ring of blood. :/

I'm not trying to diminish your problem with the CS.
    Last edited by tewyuanagu; 2015-01-13 at 09:05 AM.

It's just one of the many over sites that launched this expansion. I dont know if the bug dept. is retarded, or 99% of the beta pop. is worthless, but this expansion sucks when you actually count up the shit they said they'd put in and didnt make it in, or the shit they put in that just didnt work (wheres my 3x daily proc for profs dammit?).
    That coupled with the gutting of customer service makes it that much worse. MoP had a few minor things fixed in the first week, and of course the 0% world boss mount drop fun times. I got hacked in bc, hit up blizz on the phone, got everything handled in 5 mins and im back playing. My buddy wants to come back, I tell him to call them! Blizz CS is awesome! Well I look like an ass now, because after sitting in live chat waiting for someone for hours he gave up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my observation, and I got 5 level 100 toons...
    These quests appear to show more regularly up, the more active you're with a toon..

Check list:
    Has your toon all the zones quested out?
    Is your toon actively participating with the Apexis dailies, that are responsible for the Invasions on your Garrison?
    How active are your followers?
    Are you doing other World activities, aside from the above?

And last but not least... Did you check within your garrison thoroughly every week?

That last question is important... A couple days ago, I've found a campaign quest by pure accident.
    The damn thing was "hiding" in the Druid cave (Alliance Side). I normally never get into that corner of my garrison,
    since I did never expect anything to be going on there. Well I was wrong lol

Now whether I am right or wrong, I don't know..
    But my impression is, that my toons getting quests or not, has to do with how much they actually do.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Part of the problem that I have with them is they're not so much "daily quests" as "daily chains" and it doesn't really indicate as such.

My first 100 got the Ring of Blood/Nagrand quest. I did the first two/three quests (filling the bar, collecting necklaces? I think) then got to the arena pit and all the quests were yellow so I figured they were skippable.

Now I haven't gotten any of the subsequent missions, but then I also haven't gone back to look for those yellow quests. Partly my fault, but then I was expecting something much simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    including the head on a spike one for ring of blood. :/
    That's the intro quest to the garrison campaign ring of blood (http://www.wowhead.com/quest=36219/g...-ring-of-blood). You might want to check to see if you finished the entire chain.

I was convinced I had the bug, got no help from CS, then discovered a quest up by Ring of Blood. I faintly recall dropping a bunch of Nagrand quests not long after I hit 100 due to quest log full and that must have been one of them. Completing that area unlocked campaigns for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't feel bad Captain - I got the same "Go check the sites yo" crap from an answered ticket yesterday. I had been doing a campaign on Socrethar's Rise with a Sargerei Disguise when the LFD queue popped and I was pulled into a heroic. When I got done with it the disguise was gone and the quest itself said nothing about "If you lose your disguise, go get another". Granted Wowhead did help me (there was only ONE comment out of the slew on the quest that said anything helpful) but the blowoff-attitude the GM had who answered my ticket showed no personal skills whatsoever.

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

10+ Year Old Account
    5 weeks have passed without me receiving any garrison quest.
    I wrote a ticket about this and Ashran not giving any achievement.

The reply was something about how they cannot help me right now and they're working to fix it. 2 weeks ago.

Deleted
    I have a similar problem, maybe you guys can help me out.
    I've done a few campaigns on my main the first weeks, but one month ago (roughly) I did the campaign mission in frostfire where you collect stuff for the shadow hunter npc and then hop through a Portal into a shadow realm or something. I did that but after the portal hop there was just the npc not giving another quest. I ran outside, looked around only seeing shadow elementals and stuff, killed a bunch but nothing happened. I thought maybe the quest was done and I garrison hearthed. I've never gotten another garrison campaign since then.

I google'd and found out that this is another bug or w/e Blizzard is working to fix. When I wrote a ticket, Blizz told me to check fansites...
    Does anyone know if the problem has been fixed yet?