Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by kornoth View Post
    Stuff.
    I don't see how that lock that you pasted casts demonbolt so much. The debuff is 40seconds, but he's casting 4 demonbolts within 20 seconds of the previous cast.

Am I missing something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugginz View Post
    I don't see how that lock that you pasted casts demonbolt so much. The debuff is 40seconds, but he's casting 4 demonbolts within 20 seconds of the previous cast.

Am I missing something?
    On the pull with lust and shards the cooldown is very short. You can complete two cycles within the full duration of lust.

The cooldown of DB scales with haste, much akin to imp swarm in that it snapshots. I got fucked over once on pull on brackenspore and got shafted with a 50s debuff thanks to the mushroom.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    On the pull with lust and shards the cooldown is very short. You can complete two cycles within the full duration of lust.

The cooldown of DB scales with haste, much akin to imp swarm in that it snapshots. I got fucked over once on pull on brackenspore and got shafted with a 50s debuff thanks to the mushroom.
    You know, you the debuff only matters for your final cast right

We had the double blue mushroom dream the other week, wish that happened more often.

Kornoth your logs weren't private on Monday because I browsed them after the kill. Howcome you've now set them to private?

You made extremely heavy use of Chaos Wave over Hand of Gul'dan. Don't you think you'd have done more effective damage with HoG?
    Because I generate enough fury between adds, I can spam ToC during mouvement everytime, and I'm full time in meta during big adds( after the P1).
    And big adds die very quickly so chaos wave is always better ( remember, if you have 2 or more targets, and dark soul up, chaos wave become more efficient than HoG, and I always have dark soul up during the big adds thanks to the glyphe and archimonde darkness).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    You know, you the debuff only matters for your final cast right

We had the double blue mushroom dream the other week, wish that happened more often.
    I know, I had hoped to squeeze out the cast before the casting debuff got applied as it's not instant. I ended up having to cast a third later to rectify it. Nowadays ill just leap away and finish my burn.
    Last edited by mmoc112615a1c9; 2015-01-23 at 07:24 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know, I had hoped to squeeze out the cast before the casting debuff got applied as it's not instant. I ended up having to cast a third later to rectify it. Nowadays ill just leap away and finish my burn.
    Teleport is great on Brackenspore for this and the unfortunate waves that seem to spawn right when they are on top of you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've picked up demo again after a long a time and i'm struggling. I've two question for you.

- With demonbolt we use SF to create fury, right?
    - What we do with the exceeding fury? On mythic butcher i find miself in the situation where i'm over 800 fury, DB is off cooldown but DS is not ready yet. I can refresh Doom but what should i do? Cast some ToC or SF while waiting for DS or cast one unbuffed DB?

Thanks.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorthan View Post
    I've picked up demo again after a long a time and i'm struggling. I've two question for you.

- With demonbolt we use SF to create fury, right?
    - What we do with the exceeding fury? On mythic butcher i find miself in the situation where i'm over 800 fury, DB is off cooldown but DS is not ready yet. I can refresh Doom but what should i do? Cast some ToC or SF while waiting for DS or cast one unbuffed DB?

Thanks.
    Yes with Demonbolt you use Soulfire and associated Molten Core procs in caster form for fury generation.

On a Single Target encounter like the Butcher, there will be 1-2 events in a sub 4min kill where you will exceed the amount of fury necessary to do a 4 cast/doom refresh dump. Depending on the remaining cooldown for Dark Soul, you can do the following.
    - Wait for DS to come off cooldown before entering Metamorphosis, permitting that you don't cap out on Demonic Fury while in caster form.
    - Enter Metamorphosis prior to DS coming off cooldown and dump a small amount of fury on ToC/SF, procs permitting. If you choose this option it will be optimal to ensure that you A. have enough Demonic Fury to cast 4 DB/recast Doom as soon as DS comes off of cooldown. B. ensure that you aren't meta-locked (having metamorphosis on cd) when DS becomes available again.

15+ Year Old Account
    - Enter Metamorphosis prior to DS coming off cooldown and dump a small amount of fury on ToC/SF, procs permitting. If you choose this option it will be optimal to ensure that you A. have enough Demonic Fury to cast 4 DB/recast Doom as soon as DS comes off of cooldown. B. ensure that you aren't meta-locked (having metamorphosis on cd) when DS becomes available again.
    Uhm, that's exaclty was i was doing nut for some reason i'm doing a really bad dps. The next time i'll post some log. Thank you.

Deleted
    Hello everyone

Im playing demo again since MoP UVLS was nerfed;] and tbh i dont have any idea why my dps is so low when i compare it to top logs... here is our heroic butcher kill, can you please take a loot at it and show me the way?

What i do on short fights like butcher:
    Prepot/Precast soulfire
    HoG
    Corruption
    Doomguard
    Berserking+IS
    HoG
    Soulfire/shadowbolt if can
    Meta
    Doom
    DS
    DBx2(sometimes 3)

Character Shadowsil:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/wWVz17J9kycFr3pG#fight=4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drac0 View Post
    Hello everyone

Im playing demo again since MoP UVLS was nerfed;] and tbh i dont have any idea why my dps is so low when i compare it to top logs... here is our heroic butcher kill, can you please take a loot at it and show me the way?

Prepot/Precast soulfire
    HoG
    Corruption
    Doomguard
    Berserking+IS
    HoG
    Meta
    Doom
    DS
    DBx2(sometimes 3)

Character Shadowsil:
    There is a 15 second gap between your demonbolt debuff falling off and you casting more demonbolts when you have enough fury to cast 4 when it falls off. No reason to fury cap before casting them it cost 800 to cast 4 and 860 cast 4 and doom. With those gaps you would have been able to squeeze out 4 more demonbolts. Not a fan of sand mans on this fight because its so short and the proc isnt controllable. If you have SoN, use that in pop it in your opener. Your debuff will be around 20 seconds. Dont know about imp swarm, personally i dont use it for any fight. I like the constant fury gain rather than burst fury. Cutting my mythic log down to the same time frame you got 12 imps while i got 23 being a loss of 60k damage over the course of the fight.

Hello everyone

Prepot/Precast soulfire
    HoG
    Corruption
    Doomguard
    Berserking+IS
    HoG
    Meta
    Doom
    DS
    DBx2(sometimes 3)

Character Shadowsil:
    Try lusting on the pull.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    There is a 15 second gap between your demonbolt debuff falling off and you casting more demonbolts when you have enough fury to cast 4 when it falls off. No reason to fury cap before casting them it cost 800 to cast 4 and 860 cast 4 and doom. With those gaps you would have been able to squeeze out 4 more demonbolts. Not a fan of sand mans on this fight because its so short and the proc isnt controllable. If you have SoN, use that in pop it in your opener. Your debuff will be around 20 seconds. Dont know about imp swarm, personally i dont use it for any fight. I like the constant fury gain rather than burst fury. Cutting my mythic log down to the same time frame you got 12 imps while i got 23 being a loss of 60k damage over the course of the fight.
    Thanks i will try to fix that. Atm i have Quinscent runesone HC / Coppeland Clarity and Sandman 3/3 and it seems that Sandman +Copeland is best dps choice for me

Not necessarily a Demo only problem, but I do have a question about guardian pet usage on Tectus.

Looking at my group's H Tectus log last night, and I'm noticing something odd with my summoned Doomguard CD (I should be using Infernal in retrospect, but that's beside this point). I popped him during the first set of Motes, and turns out he only made 4 casts in total. He attacked the first mote until it died, then just sat there for the rest of the minute.

Is this a bug or intended? I didn't think to take notice of this until now, but in my short time back in game I was always under the impression that the Doomguard would continue switching and attacking targets with me until his time was up.
    Last edited by robber; 2015-01-23 at 08:31 PM.

Quick question, looking at logs are most demo locks hardcasting Soul Fire? Seeing only 5-7 Shadow bolts cast on some fights in Highmaul seems to show that. Is that accurate, or are they just getting crazy amounts of fury in order not to use Shadow Bolt at all?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post
    Quick question, looking at logs are most demo locks hardcasting Soul Fire? Seeing only 5-7 Shadow bolts cast on some fights in Highmaul seems to show that. Is that accurate, or are they just getting crazy amounts of fury in order not to use Shadow Bolt at all?
    Nobody casts it without Molten Core if that's what you mean?

Thanks i will try to fix that. Atm i have Quinscent runesone HC / Coppeland Clarity and Sandman 3/3 and it seems that Sandman +Copeland is best dps choice for me
    Has anyone tried running without the DS glyph and demonbolt with Copeland's? I feel like the CDs line up much better and you can get more out of the trinket.

Does your terrorguard/doomguard still temporarily benefit from your mastery increase via dark soul? Seems like 20 sec overlap of copeland's, dark soul, int pot, 2-3 demonbolts and dots running would more than make up for having to demonbolt without DS up one maybe two rotations.

Also having to move in that 10 second window REAllY sucks i.e. Imperator. Not sure how Demonology beats destruction on this fight. It's either crazy gear scaling from demonology or cheezing on AoE.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardio32 View Post
    Has anyone tried running without the DS glyph and demonbolt with Copeland's? I feel like the CDs line up much better and you can get more out of the trinket.

Does your terrorguard/doomguard still temporarily benefit from your mastery increase via dark soul? Seems like 20 sec overlap of copeland's, dark soul, int pot, 2-3 demonbolts and dots running would more than make up for having to demonbolt without DS up one maybe two rotations.

Also having to move in that 10 second window REAllY sucks i.e. Imperator. Not sure how Demonology beats destruction on this fight. It's either crazy gear scaling from demonology or cheezing on AoE.
    Demonology can potentially do significantly more Imperator and Cho'gall damage; and, comparable damage to the Fortified and Replicating Abberations.

However, Destruction does significantly better damage to the Gorian Warmages if you are smart with how you use havoc and shadowburn.

But, if you don't manage your fury well or DB casts in relation to timers you're probably better off playing Destruction.

Demonology can potentially do significantly more Imperator and Cho'gall damage; and, comparable damage to the Fortified and Replicating Abberations.

However, Destruction does significantly better damage to the Gorian Warmages if you are smart with how you use havoc and shadowburn.

But, if you don't manage your fury well or DB casts in relation to timers you're probably better off playing Destruction.
    Bolded the most important statement. If you mess up your rotation so to speak once, maybe even twice you're going to throw yourself off the entire fight. Spell management is especially important for Demo on this fight in particular.

Hi guys, are you sure with that statement "Demonbolt spec on Twins"? Because it maybe make sense when you farm this boss and you want nice numbers in rankings (you can kill it in less than 5 minutes and nothing is problem, because you killed it 5x). But if you progress boss I think that Cata is better, you alway hit two targets with it, and Meta give you so importat movement possibilities durring fire and improved whirl phases. Demonbolt makes from Demo very static spec with minimum of instants, so you are lucky, or stand in fires or you just cant cast big part of fight.
    Guild Website - server EU-Drak'thul (Horde)
    www.impiks.cz