Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Staff vs 1h/OH for Fistweaving

Can somebody please tell me staff is not BiS if you want to switch to fistweave a fight here and there for mana.

Why would we tell you it's not BiS when it is? I'm assuming you're talking about the imperator staff yes?

I'm more talking about how our bis in BRF will be a 1H/OH. I'm just wondering if that's gonna screw over our fistweaving by x%

it'll weaken the damage and healing a lot, but in regards to mana tea generation, nothing will change afaik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    it'll weaken the damage and healing a lot, but in regards to mana tea generation, nothing will change afaik
    How will it weaken our damage and healing? Our damage scales off spellpower not weapon dmg. Just pick what has better ilvl/offstats for you.

Does staff do a significant more dmg in crane compared to MH/OH? Just curious because I like MH/OH for transmuting into sword & book look.

10+ Year Old Account
    staff auto attacks hit way harder.

noticeable dps difference between mh/oh vs staff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    staff auto attacks hit way harder.

noticeable dps difference between mh/oh vs staff
    Would like source/math for this, please - I'm genuinly interested in this

Deleted
    Autoattack damage based on weapon damage+ attack power, speed and whether 2h or mainhand & offhand (penalty for offhand damage). If you dual wield weapons this works out to be similar/slightly more DPS for the same ilevel. If you have an offhand non-weapon you've just got the single 1h in your main hand doing damage and 1h damage is less than 2h. It's not all bad because your offhand provides stats => more spellpower => more attackpower due to Focus and Harmony. Way of the monk means your AA damage with 1h is 25% higher, but with 2h you attack 55% faster. Your abilities are based on weapon DPS and spell/attack power so they do slightly more damage with equivalent spellpower too. If you have far more spellpower then it dwarfs the higher weapon damage of a 2h though.

So in summary having a 2h means you attack faster, do more damage baseline and have similar stats (and hence similar attack power). Convinced?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    Would like source/math for this, please - I'm genuinly interested in this
    WoTM doesn't work correctly in Crane Stance.

It's supposed to be 70% for mh/oh. However in reality, due to the WW changes, it is 25%.

That makes staffs considerably better.

Deleted
    It's supposed to be 70% for mh/oh.
    I've never seen that said before?

Deleted

It's supposed to be 70% for mh/oh. However in reality, due to the WW changes, it is 25%.

If that is true, can anybody show me a staff that doesn't look like retarded antenna while worn on back? 1h weapon look is so much better...

Quote Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
    If that is true, can anybody show me a staff that doesn't look like retarded antenna while worn on back? 1h weapon look is so much better...
    Exodar Life-Staff

because purple and pink with sparkles is the way to go when hitting enemies <3

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Exodar Life-Staff

because purple and pink with sparkles is the way to go when hitting enemies <3
    TYVM, looks like I have something to farm now if I ever get off my lazy butt to farm stuff. Going to miss my lightsaber look.

Deleted

Source? /10char

Source? /10char
    There was a way of the monk nerf a few weeks ago because DW was better than staves. So they buffed staves on Way of the Monk a little bit, and nerfed 1h weapons. January 7th hotfix

General
    Way of the Monk now increases the Monk's autoattack damage with one-handed weapons by 25% (down from 40%), and increases the attack speed of two-handed weapons by 55% (up from 40%).

10+ Year Old Account
    1 handers throughout MoP did 70% extra auto attack damage. This is still the case in serpent stance. However for w/e reason Crane was put @40% in WoD, and now 25% due to the WW wotm rework.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaigar View Post
    There was a way of the monk nerf a few weeks ago because DW was better than staves. So they buffed staves on Way of the Monk a little bit, and nerfed 1h weapons. January 7th hotfix
    That's not what I meant, I meant a source for Supliftz claim that it's "bugged" and that makes staffs better even for MWs

That's not what I meant, I meant a source for Supliftz claim that it's "bugged" and that makes staffs better even for MWs
    Someone else describing the same bug.

The best source (and the only one that really matters) is in-game data, so you could go test it yourself if you want.