Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Some good changes. Don't mind that much about the scavenger nerf since we are all maxed out on GR by now. The LM/TP change was good seeing as we all had a GR shortage when we hit 100 and yet it took a bunch of GR to make an investment that wouldn't pay off quickly enough. I'm interested in using that extra gold trait though, follower missions are a great way to get gold without doing anything.

Deleted
    My 90lvl alts are almost GR capped already, i just did Tanaan intro + couple of quests in starting area to get daily GR pile for them.

they gonna nerf the racial trait next pretty sure about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Overpowered? its a fucking minigame. What difference does it really make if you have lots of Garrison resources or not. since you still need the achievements for the buildings.

I don't understand why people defend this type of timegating.
    This. No reason to defend it, really. They'll be complaining when the treasure hunting trait gets nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Let me put it this way, can you load up and have 10+ lvl 100 missions running all at 100%?
    I have never seen 10+ lvl 100 missions and i have 3 lvl 3 garrisons at this point. Since i have used masterplan i have had no problem filling all my 100 missions at 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    If all you care about is crates then you are doing it wrong, you need a little bit of manual thinking to spread out your epic mounts so you get and complete more missions. You don't want masterplan to use 3 epic mounts on a 1h mission and 3 regular ones on a 8h mission.
    Hmm i have never had that happen and you get 2-3 options to choose from. Seems to be quite an intuitive addon.

I love the Treasure Hunter trait and I'd love to get it on as many followers as possible.

However, yesterday I visited my garrisons on my 7 alts twice and raked in 3,041 gold, so I imagine getting potentially 5-6k a day might be considered just a little over the top.

i made a suggestion about treasure hunter type trait albeit i suggested it be at 200% as well as proff missions. i am glad they are in. hopefully we can recruit them at the inn along with the new race traits.

Also makes profession traits more useful.

The nerf is understandable, as people were stacking scavengers toget a lot of GR and this trait must be the most sought after trait at the inn.

I am sure treasure hunter will also be popular;

Also there should be more mechanical / saberon / ogre / arakkoa followers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    they gonna nerf the racial trait next pretty sure about it.
    doubt it; racial trait just locks that success chance with specific followers and to abuse it u need race pref + epic mount on your team which is a low probability event.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I love the Treasure Hunter trait and I'd love to get it on as many followers as possible.

However, yesterday I visited my garrisons on my 7 alts twice and raked in 3,041 gold, so I imagine getting potentially 5-6k a day might be considered just a little over the top.
    well ok think of it this way, you can get same amount of gold by visiting 3-4 alt garrisons

But i agree, gonna start stacking them treasure hunters

Another thing is that it would give incentive to run those level 630 + missions that only reward gold - instead of just ignoring those msssions and boosting lower level ; inexperienced followers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    MasterPlan helps you auto-fill followers that link well with missions out of the pool you have, but it does not just give you the optimal followers and for many, things like abilities are random. Let me put it this way, can you load up and have 10+ lvl 100 missions running all at 100%? You won't if you have fifteen followers with Magic Debuff and zero with Minion Swarm. With some planning every one of my missions is 100% barring some heavy focus on one counter type for the day.
    I've found the same thing. MasterPlan does a fair job of assigning followers to missions but it happens often enough that you can improve your chances on some missions by shifting things around here and there. It also depends on what you're looking to do. If you wish to prioritize a specific type of mission over others there's a good chance that MasterPlan's algorithms aren't necessarily helping you.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

If they increase the resources you get from missions by 50% then its not a nerf at all as you get the same amount of resources. Its a good change because it does not make scavengers to mandatory. I have 4 max level alts, and the one that didn't roll scavengers on their followers are all somewhat resources starved while those who do are simply swimming in resources.

The scavenger change was needed, although it would have been better if they removed its ability to stack instead, since that is what truly pushed it to OP levels (800+ GR from a single mission) and encouraged people prioritizing headhunting for this trait at the inn. Same goes for the Epic Mount.

I find it a bit shady that they are introducing Treasure Hunting now, though. It feels like it's resetting the values of chosen follower traits, and they could have had it in from the start, but they staggered the release to artificially extend the content's lifespan around this single element. Oh, you were finally happy with your follower composition after getting all those OP scavengers and epic mounts? Well, too bad, because we're nerfing one of those and adding in something you will want EVEN MORE.

Traits like these also indirectly hurt customization, because they justify the weekly cooldown on the tavern follower by being so OP. I personally enjoyed using the inn to customize the composition of my army with a certain mix of races and fun follower identities/names (simply replacing a follower I did not want with another having the same main ability), but at one choice per week that is over after a single click, and often does not even provide a desirable choice, it's too sparse to really get into, especially on alts.

Anyone on the PTR tried to see if Treasure Hunter is recruitable? It might very well be unique

Deleted
    They still need to increase the resource yield from sub-100 missions by 50% to compensate for the nerf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    it would have been better if they removed its ability to stack instead, since that is what truly pushed it to OP levels (800+ GR from a single mission)
    Your suggestion is ridiculous, it would be equal to removing garrison missions altogether.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Well, too bad, because we're nerfing one of those and adding in something you will want EVEN MORE.
    If I had the choice between a double resources trait and a double gold trait, I'd choose the resources one. Gold has very minimal value nowadays.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was gonna say "Fun was detected and nerfed"... but navigating garrison menus aren't even fun in the first place.
    So many fuckups in WoD.

They really need to change followers to 25/30 or something of the sort, as been said it does discourage collecting followers which I personally enjoy (Hoping to replace most of the common ones to the ones from the Inn, gives more of a unique feel to the followers and the Garrison).

Also what happened to the missions that give you Rep? I have seen 2 in total, both appeared when I was lvl 90-91 and never seen since...
    They could add missions that give bags with random items like mats for example each profession mission gives it's mats (Perhaps older ones too).

A missions could give the Call to Arms bag maybe? The Satchel of Exotic Mysteries or whatever it's called now.
    Missions for old raids that give that raid's transmog gear.

Another idea is to make something similar to the Elemental Tablets we are gathering now from BRF (300 for each tablet) - Something like this to be able to turn your favorite follower to Legendary as well (Must be Epic beforehand), rather pick your favorite instead of them choosing the same one for everyone and that one isn't even all that awesome in many people's eyes.

Maybe add a mission to get LFR version gear of current raid, could be more often than once in 2 weeks because that ilvl is very low anyways, isn't game breaking.

Missions which reward Augments!
    Missions which reward a bag of Apexis Crystals.
    Missions which reward Crafting mats like Sorcerous something + Savage Blood.

Basically so many ideas to make missions have more exciting and fun rewards!
    I am more than sure people enjoy the feeling of getting the Highmaul Cache and having no idea what they will get inside, can be either amazing or crap. Need more things like this to make people excited about what they might get, not the same boring gold/GR/XP which are very predictable and don't have too much use.
    Last edited by Kazlofski; 2015-01-18 at 01:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Another idea is to make something similar to the Elemental Tablets we are gathering now from BRF (300 for each tablet) - Something like this to be able to turn your favorite follower to Legendary as well (Must be Epic beforehand), rather pick your favorite instead of them choosing the same one for everyone and that one isn't even all that awesome in many people's eyes.
    Best idea of the year!

They also need to make bodyguards able to be used in all old expansions areas. Maybe even in old raids as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Overpowered? its a fucking minigame. What difference does it really make if you have lots of Garrison resources or not. since you still need the achievements for the buildings.

I don't understand why people defend this type of timegating.
    You don't seem to get the problem. Maybe you haven't leveled a lot of alts or were just as (un)lucky on all of them. The problem comes from the fact that if you get lucky at start and get a rare or epic proc on a follower that includes scavenger, you're gonna be swarmed in GR. If not, you'll be scraping by and will have to make choices wrt "the minigame". The difference is massive and the RNG element on just 1 single trait too large an impact.
    Now I'm not saying they couldn't have done something else (for example make a guaranteed scavenger early in leveling zones), but you seem to be unaware how a monthly subscription based game works. So yes, for the general health of the game, there pretty much HAS to be timegated content. And yes I will defend it as I please, because otherwise rip wow.

15+ Year Old Account
    If Treasure Hunter is recruitable it's going to get so dumb. I already get thousands of gold daily just from follower missions, if I can recruit that trait I'll just aim to get it on every follower I have and get like 15000 gold daily for minimal work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siri View Post
    If Treasure Hunter is recruitable it's going to get so dumb. I already get thousands of gold daily just from follower missions, if I can recruit that trait I'll just aim to get it on every follower I have and get like 15000 gold daily for minimal work.
    Yeah. Assuming 11 max lvl chars with inn lvl 3 you'll be looking at 10k+ gold daily indeed. Inflation will be real! Already true to some extent obviously.

I am running 7 alts and also get plenty of gold each day, my problem now is I can't find anything to spend it on.

I have all the mounts and pets I want and I don't raid so I don't need high level gear.

I have just over 300k gold that just keeps piling up like GR. I made enough in Wrath/Cata to buy all the things I wanted.

My point it, I can't see myself replacing all my level 100 followers just for the Treasure Hunter and unless they put in some way to spend the GR on something other than random trade goods I don't mind about the scavenger nerf either.

I'm already pretty bored with trying to run 7 garrisons so now I just park all my characters in Mudsprocket and try for the Ony mount once a week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post
    I am running 7 alts and also get plenty of gold each day, my problem now is I can't find anything to spend it on.

I have all the mounts and pets I want and I don't raid so I don't need high level gear.

I have just over 300k gold that just keeps piling up like GR. I made enough in Wrath/Cata to buy all the things I wanted.

My point it, I can't see myself replacing all my level 100 followers just for the Treasure Hunter and unless they put in some way to spend the GR on something other than random trade goods I don't mind about the scavenger nerf either.

I'm already pretty bored with trying to run 7 garrisons so now I just park all my characters in Mudsprocket and try for the Ony mount once a week.
    I will get some alts up if they fix low lvl pvp exp, which is broken now =(
    Anyway, it's soon inc to buy subfee with gold, which I will be getting. So I need my garrison resources from scav + trading post best deal dust to sell on AH. Being able to buy subfee for gold will be really nice and which also now with garrisons makes more alts more profitable than it ever was. Especially since garrisons take little to no time to keep going.