Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Is hunter's kitting toolkit too powerful?

Hey there everyone, I am just wondering, is it just me or the hunter kitting toolkit is a too powerful?

I have been playing as a feral druid since season 8 and I never had trouble keeping in melee with hunters, specially using bear charge. But since the start of this expansion it seems that decent hunters can kite me forever (haven't played much more than weekly cap, so this is from a 1.8k ~ 1.9k rating) when they play with frozen ammo and use traps smartly. I have been OOMed from powershifting in a few occasions this season when chasing a hunter, this had never happened with me in all the seasons I played (8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and WoD 1).

Keep in mind that I play with somewhat high latency (160 ~ 190), so that might be the problem. Also, I am not crying or anything, I am just wondering if there is an issue with my gameplay (as I said, haven't played much this season) or if this is something I should expect when fighting hunters (in this case I may consider using glyph of the master shapeshifter / faerie swarm).

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is. By the time even classes like ferals and rogues with BoS have trouble catching up to hunters because of the amount of slows they have (same for ret paladin with the slowing seal), it's starting to get pretty freaking ridiculous.

Not saying that the mobility ferals and rogues have is balanced either, but that's the point. The fact their mobility is probably amongst the highest and that they're still being kited by hunters is stupid. I guess you could argue it's a different type of mobility, them relying on sprints and movement speed just like ret paladins, but it's still ridiculous.

Hunters just have so many tools to keep you away as well as to keep their own distance.
    -Aspect of the Cheetah - 30% movement speed ontop of 110% movement speed
    -Disengage posthaste + root - 8 sec sprint/root ontop of a gap maker is fucking stupid. I was against this back in MoP and I'm sad to see they still haven't fixed this shit.
    -Frozen Arrow - lvl 100 talent that freaking slows you for 4 seconds on every auto attack. Basically, after you clear concussive shot and frozen arrow by whatever means, you have a 2-3 sec window to catch up to the hunter. JK ice trap
    -Explosive Trap - not too big of a deal, still obnoxious though. Whenever you finally do get to the hunter he can just knock you away.

It's not even just one specific ability that makes them impossible to deal with, it literally is everything combined that makes them ridiculous. The only reliable way to catch up to a hunter is to CC him, which IMHO is ridiculous.

1v1 a good Hunter will kill any melee, no question. The only thing offsetting this is that so, so many Hunters are terrible.

WoW isn't really balanced around 1v1 but yes, Hunter's ability to kite is ridiculous and always has been. Plus they have way too much burst for a class that's pretty much untouchable but that's another story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

No, it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Hunters just have so many tools to keep you away as well as to keep their own distance.
    -Aspect of the Cheetah - 30% movement speed ontop of 110% movement speed
    -Disengage posthaste + root - 8 sec sprint/root ontop of a gap maker is fucking stupid. I was against this back in MoP and I'm sad to see they still haven't fixed this shit.
    -Frozen Arrow - lvl 100 talent that freaking slows you for 4 seconds on every auto attack. Basically, after you clear concussive shot and frozen arrow by whatever means, you have a 2-3 sec window to catch up to the hunter. JK ice trap
    -Explosive Trap - not too big of a deal, still obnoxious though. Whenever you finally do get to the hunter he can just knock you away.
    Aspect of the Cheetah either is brokwn with damage or makes you dazed when struck.

I'll agree that Frozen Arrows are imbalanced, thought.

Yes. They are overpowered along with Death Knights.

hunter is fotm overpowered, no point trying to fight it, just go with it blizzard are slow and lazy and fixes will be months away.

elemental has movement issues and will take until 6.1 or even 6.2 until blizz fix it, they're incompetent and blind to the problems their changes make, either abuse them or suffer, blizzard works very very slowly and you just have to deal with it.

You know a good Hunter can keep you kited with Ice Trap alone, but Blizzard gave them conc shot and frost arrows just to make sure a comatose monkey can keep you slowed on a Hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Its actually bloody ridiculous.

Try be a warrior vs a hunter. May as well afk and try win an argument with your girlfriend. Sam result. Much frustration, no outcome, pointless encounter. They always win

Well, good to know, I was starting to think that I was doing wrong. I will try changing glyphs/talents when I meet them again in arena...
    Guess I will try using LI to break effect of cheetah, not sure if is worth the 2.5 damage reduction lost.

Kiting?
    Or knitting?
    Or is kitting a word i dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    Its actually bloody ridiculous.

Try be a warrior vs a hunter. May as well afk and try win an argument with your girlfriend. Sam result. Much frustration, no outcome, pointless encounter. They always win
    That means nothing. Try being a hunter versus a Boomkin. #ThatsHowBalanceWorks

Think about it, without hunters what would PvP be like? All melee?

Hunters are the ONLY thing keeping melee from running a muck PvP wise...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Think about it, without hunters what would PvP be like? All melee?

Hunters are the ONLY thing keeping melee from running a muck PvP wise...
    The fact that one class is keeping the majority of melee from climbing the ladders is a bit ridiculous, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    The fact that one class is keeping the majority of melee from climbing the ladders is a bit ridiculous, don't you think?
    Except its not, with the whole.. twice as many mages in high rated 3s than hunters, but whatever... Who cares about those things called facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides their ridiculous 12 second traps that Survival had which I'm pretty sure was reduced, the only aspect of the Hunter that's completely stupid is Frozen Ammo. Whichever designer let this into the game needs a good talking too. Not only does it last 4 seconds, it's passive needing no activation, relies solely on the Hunter's auto-attacks and is applied at range.

Other than that they're OK.

Yup. 0 skill, broken as hell class that sucks the fun out of the game for literally every one else.

15+ Year Old Account
    On the other hand there's at least one ranged class that can shit over melees the same way that melees shit over all other ranged classes.
    Call it imbalanced, overpowered, circle of life or rock, paper, scissors perhaps. I call it justice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Frozen ammo is a bit over the top, wish they'd bring back deadzone with wingclip, made it a lot more fun.
    Dedicated Gamer and Writer
    Check out my blog, every read and share really helps out!

http://meanddavid.blogspot.com/
    http://forscent.tumblr.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    Except its not, with the whole.. twice as many mages in high rated 3s than hunters, but whatever... Who cares about those things called facts.
    Yes, because mages alone prevent melee from climbing the ladders, right? It's not like there's a druid or even a rogue setting up CC for the mage to polymorph. Yeah, ok. Mages so OP. Nerf. Lelelel

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    Stop spewing bullshit without facts.
    http://www.arenamate.net/representat...s.html#tab_3v3