Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    You are most likely correct. However my default UI only displays on my raid frames RTs that I myself cast. So I am playing blind in that respect.

In regards to level, my guild killed Archi HC for the first time this week.

I usually play with RT & CH glyphs but I dropped the CH glyph for Wednesday's raid in an effort to boost my throughput but it didn't seem to help much.

Quote Originally Posted by Hivey View Post
    You are most likely correct. However my default UI only displays on my raid frames RTs that I myself cast. So I am playing blind in that respect.
    Depending on what raid frames you use, you can probably enable it. It's a separate spell ID. There's really nothing you can do with that information, though, except possibly trying to pick Riptide targets that don't already have the HoT to maximize High Tide... but that shouldn't really be a problem anyway. You should get enough bounces.

In regards to level, my guild killed Archi HC for the first time this week.

I usually play with RT & CH glyphs but I dropped the CH glyph for Wednesday's raid in an effort to boost my throughput but it didn't seem to help much.
    I don't think either of those really help much on that fight. The damage tends to be pretty spiky, so long HoTs aren't that great, while the initial heal is pretty handy during all that movement. For Chain Heal, I always felt that everyone was either in Tidal Waves range or way outside even glyphed range, so I doubt it would help much. You don't really get to cast CH much outside of Spiritwalker's Grace anyway; you're either moving or there's not that much going on.

Using neither glyph (but with EotE and 4T18), I got 4.9 targets hit per Chain Heal on our most recent Archy HC kill. I doubt that would go significantly higher by using different glyphs. The initial heal from Riptide also contributed 13% of my total healing, so losing that would be quite significant. I did spend quite a lot of that fight trying (and succeeding!) to beat our resto druid on DPS, though, so it might not be an entirely representative kill. But realistically, your numbers should be better than mine if you take the fight more seriously, so that should make the contribution from the glyphs even less meaningful.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

I very much appreciate your reply. I have been testing Resto without the RT glyph and it feels so different.

In respect to the Archi fight, the HoT wasn't doing enough so that I'd cast it but with little change in target HP, another healer would top them up anyway. Now, RT feels like it makes a difference.

Playing without CH glyph I found frustrating. You may be selecting more optimal targets than I as I kept noticing a lack of bounce. I've got the CH glyph back in and don't mind the CD now that RT feels strong to cast before the next CH.

the chaining glyph is really (imo) for optimizing chain heal's efficiency in circumstances where we don't have enough mana to spam it; it was useful in some situations earlier in the expansion but that isn't the place we're in now (especially with the current set bonus contributing mightily to chain heal's efficiency.)

even on a fight where the raid is relatively spread, high tide should be enough to regularly give you 5+ targets to bounce to

I've tried and failed to find information on Deep Healing's formula. Does anyone know how it is calculated?

my understanding is that you get zero bonus on full health targets, and the maximum bonus (as determined by your mastery percentile) on zero health targets, scaling linearly in between. I haven't really done serious reading on this since MoP, but afaik it hasn't changed.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeh View Post
    I've tried and failed to find information on Deep Healing's formula. Does anyone know how it is calculated?
    That's because there really isn't much of a formula. At 1 hit point, a target gets 100% of the bonus. At full health, they get none. At half health, they get 50% of the stated bonus. So there's not a whole lot of math to do. But if you really want the equation, then:

HealingBonus% = Mastery% * (100% - CurrentHealth%)

But it's not really useful unless you're coding something fancy, and even then you're not going to get any exact figures for how much health the average target has anyway. And even if you can, it's hard to figure out a good way to discern between parts of a fight when HPS matters and when it doesn't. The only thing everyone can really agree on is that mastery is far better than any other secondary stat.

Has anything changed really since 6.2?

Quote Originally Posted by Utiliti View Post
    Has anything changed really since 6.2?
    Yes. A little. The Phylactery trinket is so overpowered that it has made spirit and mana efficiency considerably less important. 4T18 has made Glyph of Riptide even less appealing than it was, to the point where it's pretty much always inferior now.

Other than that, no, not really. And if you don't have those items then it's the same. No spell changes.

What's the best weapon and trinkets? "with 4T18"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naizy View Post
    What's the best weapon and trinkets? "with 4T18"
    Just giving you the links as its explained very detailed on here

http://chainheal.com/hfc-best-in-slot-list-bis/
    http://chainheal.com/trinkets-in-hellfire-citadel/

I thought the archi trinket is good because it can procc from chainheal.
    13/13

Monk

I needed to heal for the majority of last night's raid (heroic mode) and all of the bosses are pretty much on farm. With high performing Disc Priest and Tree, I felt like my mastery was rarely kicking in. My numbers sucked. On Archimond, which is not as easy, my HPS was up by 15-20k. I don't feel I did any better so that has to be down to my targets being generally more injured! Bit annoying.

Deleted
    I needed to heal for the majority of last night's raid (heroic mode) and all of the bosses are pretty much on farm. With high performing Disc Priest and Tree, I felt like my mastery was rarely kicking in. My numbers sucked. On Archimond, which is not as easy, my HPS was up by 15-20k. I don't feel I did any better so that has to be down to my targets being generally more injured! Bit annoying.
    That will happen as resto shaman and others healers on farm, espcially with a good disc. If you really want to go for high percentiles and ranks on farm then you have to drop healers or ask your healers to hold back (dps as healer but heal if really needed). You can also drop mastery for haste but if you are still progressing on archi, i wouldn´t recommend that as shaman mastery is very strong on progression.

In the end as long as bosses die its what matters. Overhealing is never fun, but else one of your healers or yourself need to prepare to play a dps spec if u want farm to stay "competitive".

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    I thought the archi trinket is good because it can procc from chainheal.
    The second site i linked in the post above yours explains why the archi trinket is crap, i will copy the text here for you:
    Getting out additional riptides is a great concept, but the trinket has an underwhelming feel to it. First of all, the way it procs is very disappointing. It duplicates the actual riptide it procs on. This means, if you have a 5 second riptide out and that causes the trinket to proc, the ‘procced’ riptide would copy this duration and thus only last for 5 seconds. On the other hand, it has no beneficial stats unlike the other trinkets. Therefore, the effect alone has to account for the loss of regen compared to other trinkets. Not to mention the output stats you would let go as well. All of this taken into account has made us avoid this trinket at all cost. Unless you really have nothing else to work with.
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2016-01-04 at 03:37 PM.

Speaking from the point of view of pugging heroics, I'm still feeling torn between AS and EotE at the moment. EotE feels better for sustaining a raid and the extra SLT totem is nice (but a lot more situational than I imagined, I was only ever able to really abuse it in Gorefiend), but AS feels nice in a PuG because you won't always have someone equipped to save single targets. The 5% haste, while not huge, feels good and it lets me take big advantage of Tidal Wave charges.

Thoughts? I don't want to gimp myself in my "HFC progression" (i.e. joining pubs to hopefully finish heroic), but I still don't feel like I can trust other healers to keep a tank topped up after e.g. a Kilrogg's Shred Armor, Kormrok swats, Reaver Artillery, etc. edit: I thought I should mention, I don't have the 4 pc at the moment either
    Last edited by trm90; 2016-01-07 at 09:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    Speaking from the point of view of pugging heroics, I'm still feeling torn between AS and EotE at the moment. EotE feels better for sustaining a raid and the extra SLT totem is nice (but a lot more situational than I imagined, I was only ever able to really abuse it in Gorefiend), but AS feels nice in a PuG because you won't always have someone equipped to save single targets. The 5% haste, while not huge, feels good and it lets me take big advantage of Tidal Wave charges.

Thoughts? I don't want to gimp myself in my "HFC progression" (i.e. joining pubs to hopefully finish heroic), but I still don't feel like I can trust other healers to keep a tank topped up after e.g. a Kilrogg's Shred Armor, Kormrok swats, Reaver Artillery, etc. edit: I thought I should mention, I don't have the 4 pc at the moment either
    I have been using AS alot more the EotE lately. Tho i am also full heroic geared now and want to go for higher percentiles/ranks and Link doesnt count in warcraftlogs... I geared my way through pugs aswell. The extra haste is really nice and the use (even tho i forget to use it all the time..) is also decent. Altho i sometimes miss having a double riptide i dont feel its needed, i feel alot of times the extra haste is alot better then a link on some bosses, especially in pugs where people dont always stack when they "should".

But from progression pov i would just use it on bosses you get the most out of it wich is strongly the case on bosses like Kormrok, Gore and Tyrant at least. Like i said theres other bosses but it depense how good the raid stacks. Dont use it as a tank cd imo, theres so many tank cds and external cds for tanks it shouldnt be needed.

In the end just try it out and see if it works and if you like it. But i wouldnt recommend Eote on every boss, especially not in the future when u get more gear or maybe a guild.

My work friend guild just went through a merger to get enough to step in to Mythic. I dont know much about shaman but the 2 healers seem to be pretty low. Anything you shaman bros can pick out to help them?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...b#type=healing

Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Astynax View Post
    My work friend guild just went through a merger to get enough to step in to Mythic. I dont know much about shaman but the 2 healers seem to be pretty low. Anything you shaman bros can pick out to help them?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...b#type=healing

Thanks
    Shaman is an alt but got the experience, just might need more detail log analyse from someone else added.

You are kinda overhealing it for that ilvl, wich hurts shaman the most as they wont benefit as much from their mastery. That aside they can certainly improve:
    Taking the 7.06 min fight as they were both alive for a long time there.

Ashley:
    Spamming way to much healing waves, to little chain heals.
    Abysmal low Tidal waves, should be close to 100% as possible
    Looks like hes not using/speccing Elemental Blast, wich he should.
    Should cast more riptides
    On armory seems to be using Glyph of riptide, thats a big NO
    Could improve his HST uptime

Iriandra;
    Should cast ALOT more riptide
    Should use healing wave/surge on downtime/emergencies
    Could improve abit on tidal waves uptime but its decent
    Should cast more Elemental blast seeing as hes struggling for mana later on
    Not sure if he used it but, get rid of class trinket, its garbage
    NOT A SINGLE ASCENDANCE CAST ON ALL WIPES?

I think in general both could time their cooldowns better. This depense if you got a setup rotation or just "free to pop". But shaman is very depended on their cooldowns. Not using Ascendance at all is really not great aswel...

Not sure if they are the ones using leech trinket, but if they do im not totally sure is a good choice on this fight. I havent done it on shaman on Mythic (only priest 11/13M). But overal its ranked as a trinket thats not that "good". But i could be wrong.

Also recommend them to give Chainheal.com a good read. Its a great website with everything you need to know, even fight to fight guides for resto shaman only.

Probably overlooked some stuff, but someone else might step in and help on that. Hope it was helpfull
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2016-01-19 at 05:21 PM.

Deleted
    Hey all,

Just changed to resto sham from monk dps for raiding as I was bored dpsing. Trying out Grid2 + Cliq and have all spells and shit working now. But I cant get a) role icons to show b) organise it Tank>DD>Healer.

Is their an option to have one setup for 5 man party and different for raid? atm in a party its to small so I make panels bigger, then in a raid its huge !

Deleted
    Your guide helped me to becoma a decent player thanks