Nether Tempest and Prismatic Crystal

Hi fellow mages, was just wondering if anyone else have had this happen to them.
    When I dot the boss with NT and then pop PC and put NT on that as well the dot stays on the boss. So in this case I have 2 x NT dots up, if you are having the same results is this intended or is it a bug? what do you guys think?

Intended afaik.

Better question is, why not use supernova with PC. The burst is unholy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably a bug just due to how things react to PC. It can't be seen as a target, interacted, targeted, affected and so on by anyone or anything but the mage so the game doesn't recognize you having 2 NT's up because the 2nd is on the crystal.

Deleted
    If this is true a boss fight that begin with heroism should yield a lot more damage within the crystal duratin than with Supernova and equal burst in the other cases. But honestly i haven't noticed that at all, because when i pop PC the place around the boss becomes so flashy that i can hardly tell that my NT on the boss is still up and rolling regardless that i had casted a second one on the crystal

Quote Originally Posted by Worgslarg View Post
    Intended afaik.

Better question is, why not use supernova with PC. The burst is unholy.
    Well the reason is because I actually like the gameplay with NT better, something to keep track on while not in burn phase, I tend to find arcane a bit boring with SN. I also think it synergizes well with PC since they both have a 12 sec duration so i will get the full dmg out of my NT, and now with 2 x NT up at the same time wont that out dps then SN as well?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by granatfarfar View Post
    Hi fellow mages, was just wondering if anyone else have had this happen to them.
    When I dot the boss with NT and then pop PC and put NT on that as well the dot stays on the boss. So in this case I have 2 x NT dots up, if you are having the same results is this intended or is it a bug? what do you guys think?
    I cannot reproduce that behavior. Casting NT on a different target including PC removes NT from the previous target for me. And at least from what I know from the testing of it, the combination of NT+PC is balance around that behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by tzu View Post
    I cannot reproduce that behavior. Casting NT on a different target including PC removes NT from the previous target for me. And at least from what I know from the testing of it, the combination of NT+PC is balance around that behavior.
    Can't say for sure I always get this behavior but I have noticed it on several occasion during HM boss fights. Will test this once I get home to see if I can find any pattern.

- - - Updated - - -

Now when I have had a chance to take a closer look it would seem that my tidy plates have been lying, the plates says the buff is active but it's not, so just a addon bug. so just ignore this thread.