Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Prayer of Mending Buff or not?

Didnt they tell us some weeks ago they will buff PoM in Heal and Stacks?

But I really cant find a sign of that in any of the PTR patch notes.

Any idea?

I'm not on the PTR, but apparently it now stacks up to 10 times, but one cast still only applies 5 stacks.

Deleted
    Yes thats what wowdb says.
    But on PTR its still not buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort View Post
    There isn't a change to the healing on PTR. Only difference is that 2 casts will allow you to get 10 total stacks.

Deleted
    Where does it say that it doesnt make 10 stacks with one spell?

And you linked an old PoM. Can link it but the new one says:

Places a spell on the target that heals them for [((1 + (Spell power * 0.666)) * Percent health * 1)] the next time they take damage. When the heal occurs, Prayer of Mending jumps to an ally within 20 yards. Jumps up to 10 times and lasts 30 sec after each jump.

Which is stronger. But it hasnt been on PTR yet and its not in the new patchnotes.
    Last edited by mmoc5c6c01d143; 2015-01-28 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaar View Post
    Where does it say that it doesnt make 10 stacks with one spell.
    Hop on the PTR, you'll see it only applies 5 stacks per cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    It stacks up to 14. Dont know if that just because i was using the tier set. Also if you cast PoM with DI on somebody with the buff already it does remove theirs

Deleted
    Well it does only apply 5 stackts but it looks like thats just because they didnt patch it yet.
    Because the higher scaling isnt patched either...

So what exactly is the deal with PoM? The patch notes seemed to suggest that it will now bounce up to 9 times, in that you cast it once and it starts at 9 stacks. And then the 2pc buffs it up to 14.

But people here are saying that it still only starts at 5? What exactly is the point of making it work like this? Instead of making confusing changes like this, they should really just make PoM/WoM/DI all register as separate spells so that they don't conflict with/overwrite each other.

Deleted
    It looks like they are not sure how to handle that spell...

Well hows it playing out on PTR atm? Been having errors trying to get on PTR myself.

Deleted
    Yeah PTR is offline. Im talking about yesterday :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    So what exactly is the deal with PoM? The patch notes seemed to suggest that it will now bounce up to 9 times, in that you cast it once and it starts at 9 stacks. And then the 2pc buffs it up to 14.

But people here are saying that it still only starts at 5? What exactly is the point of making it work like this? Instead of making confusing changes like this, they should really just make PoM/WoM/DI all register as separate spells so that they don't conflict with/overwrite each other.
    The point of making it work like this is the Holy 2pc bonus. When you have the Holy 2pc bonus active, the spell starts out with 9 stacks. If you cast it twice on the same target, it stacks to 14.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    The point of making it work like this is the Holy 2pc bonus. When you have the Holy 2pc bonus active, the spell starts out with 9 stacks. If you cast it twice on the same target, it stacks to 14.
    That's kinda dumb. When would you ever be casting PoM on a target who already has it?

Or if it's the case of a WoM/DI landing on a target that already has PoM...they really should just make PoM/WoM/DI separate spells so they don't conflict with each other like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    That's kinda dumb. When would you ever be casting PoM on a target who already has it?

Or if it's the case of a WoM/DI landing on a target that already has PoM...they really should just make PoM/WoM/DI separate spells so they don't conflict with each other like this.
    I am totally happy with 9 stacks of PoM.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I am totally happy with 9 stacks of PoM.
    Yeah, the 2pc is nice, but I'm really not understanding what Blizz is trying to do with this whole "casting PoM on someone who already has it on them will add stacks to it" change.

I'd rather PoM/WoM/DI be separate buffs, kinda like Rejuv and Germination-Rejuv.

Deleted
    I tested it on PTR. Its true. All they changed is the maximum amount of stacks one player can carry.

But here is the best part:
    Now it heals less... I dont know why, it just does. I tested it...

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaar View Post
    But here is the best part:
    Now it heals less... I dont know why, it just does. I tested it...
    Is that even possible?

Deleted
    Yes... I really thought they would finally buff holy so i can stop playing the shitty disc spec. Well good job blizzard.#