15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laze View Post
    Anyway, my only point was that they are focusing too many resources on the female models only, and not the male models, where some models really need a second look like troll males, night elf males and blood elf males. Dont get me wrong though, im glad theyre making changes. I just dont like that they are changing all the females problems asap, and not even touching the worse models.
    And my point was that's not true :P It's nto some big "female only" conspiracy. They've been changing male night elf, male human, male dwarf.

Sig by Isilrien

i really hope that bend is just a bug or something. it's so ugly.

Deleted
    sorry if sylvira have posted this earlier but female belfs do not dubbel blink with their eyes anymore, really smooth blinking

Quote Originally Posted by WarpGuN View Post
    sorry if sylvira have posted this earlier but female belfs do not dubbel blink with their eyes anymore, really smooth blinking
    So that's what it was.. I did notice something having been changed with them last Ptr build due to how long the no-eyeglow were apparent after they had blinked, but it seems like Blizzard didn't bother fixing the glow after removing the second bat of the eyelid.

Live

PTR
    Last edited by sylvira; 2015-04-29 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    And my point was that's not true :P It's nto some big "female only" conspiracy. They've been changing male night elf, male human, male dwarf.
    Conspiracy.. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sylvira View Post
    New build in PTR and with it, theres a change to Belf females that is rather.. Peculiar.

As you can see from the pic, their left legs thigh has been pinched and tugged forward to adjust to the new shape of their underwear. For comparison, here is previous build.

Your character defaults to facing you when switching between them in Character Select screen so using that too to show the change.

Unfortunately it looks like Male Blood Elves are still left in the shadow, they still have retained the piggy nose when falling among with many other issues.
    How do you even notice changes like these? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Laze View Post

How do you even notice changes like these? xD
    Haha, I pay a lot of attention to things that have been a target of complaint(s) in both Live and Ptr and do comparisons between them then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i really hope that bend is just a bug or something. it's so ugly.
    Maybe they are trying to hide something

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    lol, i love that my magey may be packing more heat than just her fire....

Damn, almost spilled cola all over my keyboard from laughing with those two images! +1 for lolz

I don't mind the change on the thigh as much myself as it now looks closer to what looks old model had.

And the 'bulge' is gone, indeed. Not that it was much of a harm in the first place anyway unless if you were trotting around without any gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Females? Again? Are You f*cking kidding Blizz?!

I am very glad that I've discontinued subscription since january. Character designers of this game are definitely sick.

i don't mind the thighs either, so long as those hideously stretched panties were changed, and after looking in-game they are. they're sharply defined instead of stretched out. i'm happy with that. yeah the bulge pinch is gone. that's almost literally all the issues i had except for face 7 no longer existing in the new models solved. though face 4 is a decent replacement. it looks a lot better in-game.

hopefully they get around to texture stretching issues/reskins possibly if they revamp the transmog system.

that's not at all what a thigh is shaped like, it's just stupid looking. it needs to be fixed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvira View Post
    I don't mind the change on the thigh as much myself as it now looks closer to what looks old model had.

And the 'bulge' is gone, indeed. Not that it was much of a harm in the first place anyway unless if you were trotting around without any gear.
    You are not quite right, because it is not lost, but has become much less noticeable.

The problem is that all models have added too wide free area between the inside of the thighs (draenei f have the worst option from now). All because of the gap frames during certain movements and postures (such as meditation). I do not like this solution, but I can't offer something better (not my profession). This is one of the reasons for changes in gait and running animations. The second reason lies in the fact that all models now have the torso area, which does not end as before - over the hips, but grasping their upper part. Therefore, 1) movement of the hips was gone for some models; 2) lost the ability to stick out forward torso while running; 3) lost the opportunity to make further forward leg and straighten it in the rear position (now all models throws back bent leg, also they lift bent elbows too high on the back position (no joke, every weapon weighs 5-6 kg), and then they beat themselves in face). The third reason is the removal of skeletal torso moving points in the area of ​​the chest and abdominal area. Therefore, all models in all the movements bend down with all torso (stealth, jumping, landing, fight).
    Partly for the same reasons, the characters have changed posture (all the characters by default now slouching, due to changes in body proportions, position of the shoulder and shape/slope of the neck). And this in turn has affected all fighting postures and so on and so on and so on.

I can infinitely go on, but it's does not matter because they apparently did not plan to change anything. What does it all mean? They will not be able to return to the old animation and postures, even similar to it can't come out without changing proportions and skeleton.

Did you notice, for example, that the BE female (also like draenei f, grrr this broken torso :'() have got significantly high hip line (not thicker! but higher! In the skeleton). So do not blame the lush ass, blame changing the proportions (although essentially that's why it became lush, otherwise it would have lost shape).

ps. Some of the pictures I have shown before, and some have "carefully" selected from www (less candid), but they all are not mine. This is just information for consideration, because I'm already tired to argue on this topic
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2015-04-30 at 03:21 PM.

Oink.

Build 19973

No new changes from what I can see with initial glance for either gender, suppose they are "done".
    But will take a better look when I have slept.
    Last edited by sylvira; 2015-05-06 at 01:08 AM.

We've prob still have at least a month before 6.2 goes live so hopefully the males are getting much needed work that just wasn't ready for this build yet...

the "pinching" on female BE you posted about earlier doesn't adequately describe the problem in that area. it's almost as if they remodeled the crotch completely and then just kinda pasted it on. part of the upper thigh is unrigged during the walking animation, and that pinched part of the uppermost innerthigh is disconnected on both sides, but not as noticeable while standing still due to hip angle.

the unrigged part.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    the "pinching" on female BE you posted about earlier doesn't adequately describe the problem in that area. it's almost as if they remodeled the crotch completely and then just kinda pasted it on. part of the upper thigh is unrigged during the walking animation, and that pinched part of the uppermost innerthigh is disconnected on both sides, but not as noticeable while standing still due to hip angle.

the unrigged part.
    You are not quite right, because it is not lost, but has become much less noticeable.

The problem is that all models have added too wide free area between the inside of the thighs ...... This is one of the reasons for changes in gait and running animations ......1)... 2)... 3)... They will not be able to return to the old animation and postures...
    Yup, that's what I said.

ps. I probably should have done a better comparison, to explain why too smooth transitions make the model "less mobile". I'll think about it. Maybe I'll do it even in this thread, but it takes time... and desire... and maybe a little bit of inspiration
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2015-05-06 at 08:04 AM.

Deleted
    I noticed that high elven females seem to have a different face then blood elfs.

Somebody said it looked like face 7 in my picture but with heavier make-up, but I disagree.

Simply because it seems a mix of the faces pictured below. It uses the lips of the upper one but the eyes and eyebrows of the one below.

And honestly it looks like one of the best faces elves have, yet players dont have it? What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Plinky View Post
    I noticed that high elven females seem to have a different face then blood elfs.

Somebody said it looked like face 7 in my picture but with heavier make-up, but I disagree.

Simply because it seems a mix of the faces pictured below. It uses the lips of the upper one but the eyes and eyebrows of the one below.

And honestly it looks like one of the best faces elves have, yet players dont have it? What do you guys think?
    I think it's just different shading on their faces. Not different model.