Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    And weak for classes that don't favor mastery. "It would be strong for (class/spec)!" is not really a good reason to change the stat on a trinket...because then it will be strong for some other class/spec.

But right now, Versatility is crap for almost every class/spec in the game so...I guess they wanted to make it equally shitty for everyone.
    At least mastery was great for someone and "meh" for others. Versatility is "EWWWWWWWW" for (almost?) everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    At least mastery was great for someone and "meh" for others. Versatility is "EWWWWWWWW" for (almost?) everyone.
    I heard someone say that Windwalkers and one of the Hunter specs stack versatility, but yes, it's the worst stat for pretty much every class/spec in the game right now. Mostly because it takes like 130 points to get 1% damage/healing from it.

Versatility overall was just a bad idea. Not only does it require way more points for 1% of it, but as someone else said, it's just a boring "+betterer" stat. It's as mundane and uninteresting as a stat can get. We've already got SP/AP for a "+damage/healing" stat, not sure why we needed another one.

I heard someone say that Windwalkers and one of the Hunter specs stack versatility, but yes, it's the worst stat for pretty much every class/spec in the game right now. Mostly because it takes like 130 points to get 1% damage/healing from it.

Versatility overall was just a bad idea. Not only does it require way more points for 1% of it, but as someone else said, it's just a boring "+betterer" stat. It's as mundane and uninteresting as a stat can get. We've already got SP/AP for a "+damage/healing" stat, not sure why we needed another one.
    Hopefully they'll realise that it was a shitty idea and get rid of it in 7.0. But what they've done so far with their shitty ideas is shove them down our throats for 3-4 expansions, and when people still hate them, say they don't fit in with the new ideas they have for the game. I'm all for more stats (mastery is awesome), but they really need to work on them being fun. Personally, I have a soft spot for the old resistances, which weren't that much fun, they were still better than versatility. And they don't even need to be on gear; flasks/buffs would be pretty neat.

candle is still the best trinket up until mythic brf, which is still insane for a 665.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I looked the alch trinkets are versatility. Doesnt seem that great to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Symmone View Post
    Last time I looked the alch trinkets are versatility. Doesnt seem that great to me.
    Yep, seems blizz wants to make them equally shit for everyone.

Which I guess kinda does make sense...you don't want a non-darkmoon crafted trinket being BiS over raid trinkets.

Yep, seems blizz wants to make them equally shit for everyone.

Which I guess kinda does make sense...you don't want a non-darkmoon crafted trinket being BiS over raid trinkets.
    Versatility is actually better than Mastery for quite a few specs, so it's a buff to mastery haters and nerf to mastery lovers.

In any case, the best part about the trinket was always the main stat proc - the passive stat thing is really just icing on the top.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    candle is still the best trinket up until mythic brf, which is still insane for a 665.
    Why would it be better than the 680 regen trinkets? Is it really that good? I still don't have one because I felt like I didn't need it for high maul but if it's that good I might go pick one up.

Why not? Isn't it BoP? Engineers get goggles...

10+ Year Old Account
    I had been building up mats to make that stupid alchemy trinket..oh well. I guess I can make it anyway and sell if for $$$$

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symmone View Post
    I had been building up mats to make that stupid alchemy trinket..oh well. I guess I can make it anyway and sell if for $$$$
    can't sell the trinkets

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    can't sell the trinkets
    whelp, I guess I can stop putting in effort now.

I'll probably roll with Darmac healer trinket + Candle until I can coin dps trinket from Darmac or Oregorger. Maybe even Blast Furnace healer trinket and start getting rid of some spirit on other jewelry.

I'm just going to stick with Candle + Emblem/Shards for a while. I don't understand why people undervalue the Emblem/Shards so much. You can swap out 300 int or 400 spirit depending on what you need for the fight, and the on use effect is like 30% haste because it gets multiplied by borrowed time. It's essentially a second PI for times when you need to spam PW:S even harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahdu View Post
    Why would it be better than the 680 regen trinkets? Is it really that good? I still don't have one because I felt like I didn't need it for high maul but if it's that good I might go pick one up.
    its because of the int. its more int than you can get on anything else until mythic, way more throughput, and the mana back is just a bonus.

I'm probably gonna pick up the Blast Furnace MS trinket and test it out, see how it fares.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffel View Post
    I'm probably gonna pick up the Blast Furnace MS trinket and test it out, see how it fares.
    I got it today, wasn't that convinced in the little time I had to try it, hopefully I'll get some decent logs tomorrow to really analyse it. But I've never been convinced with proc trinkets as a healer to be honest.

Pretty sure Chew Toy will be one on them, not sure on the other though yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have my eyes on the Chew Toy and the Micro Crucible.

Quote Originally Posted by Alxel View Post
    I got it today, wasn't that convinced in the little time I had to try it, hopefully I'll get some decent logs tomorrow to really analyse it. But I've never been convinced with proc trinkets as a healer to be honest.
    Ya, depends on the proc and whatnot, but I figure that regardless of when it procs, the MS will benefit whatever we are doing at the time whereas a random haste proc (like from Autoclave) doesn't do all that much unless CoW spamming. While a large amount of on demand haste like the Emblem is nice for shield spamming outside of PI, but a stacking haste buff seems underwhelming.

Much like with SoO, healer trinkets this tier are all pretty underwhelming, but the fact that disc at least has slightly differing stat choices based on play style is refreshing for once.