Thread: jaina build

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

jaina build

bought two new heroes jaina and thrall and the first one compared to the latter is utter shit.

any1 got working build for her ?

15+ Year Old Account

She's not shit, just very squishy. And Thrall is a tad bit OP at the moment.

For specs, you can go here and look her up. You can see popular specs and the average win rate with them. I particularly like the ice lance build. She can pump out an exceptional amount of damage in a very short time. Blizzard is also a fun way to go if you can manage to lane in relative peace.

10+ Year Old Account
    I run two speccs.

First a burst BURST build: http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talen...tor/jaina#lOZC
    Slow with Cone, but Envenom on and catch them in a Ring. Boom 5v1.

Second a Blizzard build to clear creeps especially good for Mines and Terror: http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talen...tor/jaina#gpXw

I really like Bolt of the Storm which is why I run it in every build.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    I really like Bolt of the Storm which is why I run it in every build.
    That's another thing. She has no way of escaping if caught out in the open. You need to keep that in mind at all time and play around it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    First a burst BURST build: http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talen...tor/jaina#lOZC
    Slow with Cone, but Envenom on and catch them in a Ring. Boom 5v1.
    This build could be the one that is most fun out of all builds on all heroes I have played. The burst is just insane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Ring of Frost is too much of a "Kills players that you would beat anyway." ability, though. I kinda hate it.

Then again, Water Elemental isn't exactly awesome either without the level 20 talent for it.
    I think RoF is a great teamfight CC. I have turned so many fights around with RoF.

Deleted
    Jaina is not bad, she just requires a bit different playstyle, positioning is very important and avoiding dmg is vital, knowing when to get in and drop your insane aoe combos is vital.

She can chase down fleeing enemies really well and kite most people quite easily.

Build either around frostbolt (nerfed a bit but still ok) is better in solo, and buildign around blizard for groups as you coordinate team fights.

If you dont like positional, squishy characters, dont pick her you will die lots...>!

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    bought two new heroes jaina and thrall and the first one compared to the latter is utter shit.

any1 got working build for her ?
    Well Thrall is op as hell. Windfury - 1,5k heal, tons of damage every 5 seconds. Are you kidding me blizz?
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Well Thrall is op as hell. Windfury - 1,5k heal, tons of damage every 5 seconds. Are you kidding me blizz?
    thrall is fun to play, every hero should be at his level to make hots experience better

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Thrall is ok, but I don't really see where he's blatantly OP. At least not in organized play, perhaps he's a great pubstomper? I dunno.
    That is basically it, he is strong in 1v2 or 1v2, but getting focused in a team fight is easy.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

He's not. You just need to focus and CC him. His entire strength comes from being able to keep himself up in long fights while also doing really good damage. He can't do shit against burst or CC.

God I'm so glad you're not working in game industry.

Yeah it's fine being super strong and 1v2 everyone. It's balanced. It's not overpowered. Raynor cannot win 1v2 easily, Thrall can, but in team fights he, just like every other assassin, will get CCd and focused and bursted... and that is balance.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Jaina is a strong hero, but you have to play her well. She doesn't have a lot of escapes so there's no retard proofing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    He's not. You just need to focus and CC him. His entire strength comes from being able to keep himself up in long fights while also doing really good damage. He can't do shit against burst or CC.
    yes, burn all your cc on thrall....kill him, no probs.....get fucked by the rest of the team.

Sorry, thats an absurd arguement. Thrall is massively too powerful, he needs either dmg toned down and made into a tank, or survival toned down so he is clearly an assassin.....right now he has massive dmg, and aoe dmg, and he has massive sustain.

I like him, I enjoy playing him, but when I can feel safe wading into a 1v3, or any teamfight and usually emerge safe (and usually at full health!), then I think he needs toning down.

I enjoyed playing tychus, did not mean i could not admit he was too powerful (and it turned out he was bugged), I like playing stiches, but he has too much utility and dmg for a tank in a game like this. Same with thrall, he is too powerful as he stands.

IMO there's a fair bit of the old "either it's the absolute best or it's garbage" maxim going on here, and also comparing Jaina to heroes who are clearly OP. Jaina is a good strong assassin, she isn't weak at all. She's just not the best. She doesn't have lots of cool tricks but that's not really her kit. Yes she can be countered but really, if a hero can't be countered there's a decent argument that they're OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah it's fine being super strong and 1v2 everyone. It's balanced. It's not overpowered. Raynor cannot win 1v2 easily, Thrall can, but in team fights he, just like every other assassin, will get CCd and focused and bursted... and that is balance.
    Don't be bad, and prevent his Windfury with CC or displacement

TA-DA

Stop whining
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Prevent it? I mean, I'm not agreeing that Thrall is OP, but as far as I can tell even if Thrall is CC'd the entire time, his Windfury attacks will go off no matter what.

Sure, you can stop him from being sped up by Windfury, but stopping it entirely is not possible. And the whole "Final Windfury attack hits 3 times" plus "Windfury grants double Frostwolf stacks" instantly gives him 2 passive heals.
    CC him when his hammer starts spinning, then back away

Congrats, his WF has run out and he can do no damage and can't escape, and all his cooldowns are now horrendously long without the Battle Momentum hits from WF, and is a free kill
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

If you lose 2v1 vs Thrall you are simply bad or it's late game and it's 2 supports vs Thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    yes, burn all your cc on thrall....kill him, no probs.....get fucked by the rest of the team.

Sorry, thats an absurd arguement. Thrall is massively too powerful, he needs either dmg toned down and made into a tank, or survival toned down so he is clearly an assassin.....right now he has massive dmg, and aoe dmg, and he has massive sustain.

I like him, I enjoy playing him, but when I can feel safe wading into a 1v3, or any teamfight and usually emerge safe (and usually at full health!), then I think he needs toning down.

I enjoyed playing tychus, did not mean i could not admit he was too powerful (and it turned out he was bugged), I like playing stiches, but he has too much utility and dmg for a tank in a game like this. Same with thrall, he is too powerful as he stands.
    You don't need to burn all your CC on Thrall. His health pool is very low and he's easy to burst down in just 1 CC. If you can run in 1v3 and run out with full health you must be in bronze MMR or something, because against competent players you stand no chance 1v3 unless they're already low.

Thrall needs that healing from his passive or he'll just turn into a shitty version of Kerrigan.

Also, Tychus was not OP because of that bug. That bug just moved him from God tier to broken tier. Now he is back to God tier again. Stitches is mostly too powerful because this game is so team fight heavy and if he lands a proper hook the team fight will be 4v5 which means you pretty much can't contest anymore. Thrall really isn't too powerful. He is powerful, but he has obvious weaknesses that are easy to exploit. If he was really as OP as people make him out to be, he would be a 100% pick/ban in competetive games, but he's not, unlike Tychus, Valla and Stitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    Thrall is on the other side of that coin where he's retardedly strong and will probably be toned down next patch.
    High mobilty, two AoE hard CCs, sustain for days, burst and sustained damage, one of the tankiest assassins in the game right now.
    That's not to say he doesn't get shut down by CC, but saying "Oh, this hero isn't op - it gets shut down by CC!" is complete and utter bullshit because you can say that for just about any hero.
    Except Thrall needs to get up and close which makes him a lot more vulnerable to CC and AoE damage. It's way easier to avoid getting CC'd as a ranged Assassin, and the other 2 melee assassins are Kerrigan and Illidan. Kerrigan needs to land a combo or gets blown up, just like Thrall gets blown up if he can't get in melee. Illidan is definitely the weakest melee assassin, but he can at least build himself to be a bit tanky if he lands a proper Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Prevent it? I mean, I'm not agreeing that Thrall is OP, but as far as I can tell even if Thrall is CC'd the entire time, his Windfury attacks will go off no matter what.

Sure, you can stop him from being sped up by Windfury, but stopping it entirely is not possible. And the whole "Final Windfury attack hits 3 times" plus "Windfury grants double Frostwolf stacks" instantly gives him 2 passive heals.
    He can't melee you if you CC him, so no windfury will go off. His melee attack animation is pretty slow, so you need to be either rooted or standing still for him to land a full windfury combo on you in a short timeframe. His wolves are really easy to dodge.

Deleted
    oh joy and here I was entering this thread looking to see a discussion on Jaina's build