Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What kind of music do you listen to?

Hey fellas,

Just curious as to what kind of music you guys listen to.

Myself I mostly listen to rock music from most eras, I like some rap, and really enjoy classical.

Deleted
    Trance, all the time!

10+ Year Old Account
    I listen to a pretty broad spectrum. I love classic rock (huge Stones fan). I grew up listening to punk and still do, but I also enjoy listening to Lana Del Rey and Grimes. The only stuff I don't really like is country and most rap.

I listen to pretty much every type of music there is. My Pandora lists are pretty all over the place. It goes from stuff like Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes, Alabama, Disturbed, Chevelle, Metallica, Lionel Richie, Huey Lewis and the News, Hall and Oats, and I even have a spot for Dr. Dre. Two different comedy channels as well.

My musical tastes came of age in the early 90's with the Grunge movement and towards the end of Thrash metal, but that was also when Rap really emerged. My parents always listened to country and the " oldies " ( 50's, 60's, and 70's) so I love all of that era stuff too. I can remember the New Wave stuff as a kid as well so even some of that is thrown in, heck even a bit of Disco ( you could still hear it on the radio in the early 80's).

Everyone has that group or individual they don't want anyone to know about because they are supposed to be into one type of music or another. As Tommy Lee once said, even the hardest rocker can't be hard all the time.

Anything that's catchy. Although I do stay away from rap/dubstep and what not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Progressive Rock, metal, whatever genre Enya is, and touhou remixes.

10+ Year Old Account
    i mostly listen to movie/videogame soundtracks.

Most often I listen to metal, but I also listen to a lot of classic rock, country(the older/classic stuff), alt-country/"Americana", and bluegrass, a fair amount of the "Irish punk" type stuff(Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys, that sort), and a little classical/soundtrack type stuff.

Metal and anything similar.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    90% of the times it is either alternative rock (Muse old style, NIN...) classic music or certain progressive house tracks.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I grew up on early 90s rock. Then that progressed to Alt rock. Huge fan of my 60s and 70s rock (the standard big bands), just a little more obsessive then most. Really loving Nick Cave and Australian hiphop at the moment.

I guess I'd be a pretty standard Triple J (popular youth radio station in Australia) but about a year behind whats currently popular.

lots of music actually, going through my phone I can have smash mouth then skeletonwitch right on to westside connection. usually I like to listen to post and doom metal when I'm just chilling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Metal: death, black, doom, sludge, avant-garde, viking, power, progressive, drone, stoner, thrash, NWOBHM, heavy, alternative, folk, blackgaze.
    Rock: progressive, kraut, post-rock, shoegaze, psychedelic, hard, experimental, stoner, alternative, post-punk, punk, new wave, grunge, art, some indie.
    Jazz: modal, cool, free, avant-garde, fusion, hard bop, post-bop, dark.
    Electronic: downtempo (+trip hop), IDM, ambient techno, synthpop, progressive.
    Classical: modern, romanticism, minimalism, select pieces of classical and baroque periods.
    Hip Hop: select pieces of 90's east coast, some plunderphonics, some conscious, whatever the fuck Madvillainy is.
    Folk: americana, neofolk, dark, some singer/songwriter.
    Other more abstract genres: ambient (+dark & space), drone, videogame music (mainly 90's nostalgia).

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Metal: death, black, doom, sludge, avant-garde, viking, power, progressive, drone, stoner, thrash, NWOBHM, heavy, alternative, folk, blackgaze.
    Rock: progressive, kraut, post-rock, shoegaze, psychedelic, hard, experimental, stoner, alternative, post-punk, punk, new wave, grunge, art, some indie.
    Jazz: modal, cool, free, avant-garde, fusion, hard bop, post-bop, dark.
    Electronic: downtempo (+trip hop), IDM, ambient techno, synthpop, progressive.
    Classical: modern, romanticism, minimalism, select pieces of classical and baroque periods.
    Hip Hop: select pieces of 90's east coast, some plunderphonics, some conscious, whatever the fuck Madvillainy is.
    Folk: americana, neofolk, dark, some singer/songwriter.
    Other more abstract genres: ambient (+dark & space), drone, videogame music (mainly 90's nostalgia).
    A lot of what this user listens to from the look of it.

I would add that when it comes to Electronic music I enjoy a fair bit New Disco, Chicago House, Detroit Techno and Dark Ambient.

I am not too fond of baroque in general but some pieces are okay- though I enjoy opera a great deal. Also enjoy more experimental noise work like from Spunk, Masimo, Ratkje or Melt Banana, with excursions into some that is mostly conceptual like Stockhausen (Klavierstucke, for example) and Messiaen.

This user's musical leanings are seemingly in line with my own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything that appeals to me in a way. I like Electro, I like Radio pop, I like Metal, I like Classical Music. As long as it's produced good.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Varies on the mood.

No Doubt - The Climb
    "Inner Universe" by Yoko Kanno & Origa
    "Whisper" by A Fine Frenzy
    "Sirens" - Pearl Jam
    Hitman Movie OST - Ave Maria
    Thomas Bergersen - Starvation
    Alanis Morissette - Forgiven - Jagged Little Pill

Currently looking for a song missing on The Crow soundtrack.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first music I really got into was late 90s - mid 2000s Nu Metal. After that it became Post-Hardcore, Metalcore, a little Deathcore. Then I started getting into Melodic Death Metal (mainly In Flames and Deadlock). Near the end of High school I suddenly started listening to a lot of indie pop rock stuff. Now, 3 years after High School, I listen to pretty much all of the previously mention genres depending on what I'm feeling like, minus the metalcore and 90% of the Post-Hardcore (only Post-Hardcore that I still really enjoy is Alesana).

Metal, Ska, Jam, Alternative, and Classic Rock mostly (60s-70s).

Rock and Metal of all kinds. The harder and faster the better. Everything (except some animu music) else just serves to piss me off.
    "The more we nurture our perversions the more human we become."
    -Vendetta Red

Prudes...