Deleted

A Belgian team lost a player to another team. next match against that other team...

They hang a giant red banner (their team colors being red) of Jason Voorhees holding the decapitated head of that player out over their stands, with the text "Red or Dead" next to it.

http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws.en...orts/1.2219324

Especially after the recent events of ISIL decapitating their PoWs, this does not really sound like something you should do.

How do you feel about this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think some people are going to feel like shit later when they see this picture and realize what they were helping hold up.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    Blown out of poportion by the media.

Oh my god who the hell cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    How on earth could anyone maintain that level of anger long enough to go through the processes necessary to get a banner that big?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that It's cool... if it stops at the banner... as soon as they start getting inflammatory verbally or, even worse, physical, then we have a problem...

No idea why this is even an issue. Was it necessary? No, not really. Is it a terrible thing? No, not really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems kind of silly to me, quite frankly. Then again a lot of football fans are nuts to begin with.

Deleted
    very tasteless imo, not just because of ISIS stuff. i think its taking it a bit far, would have been better if there was a bit of humour in the banner :L

Too far, it's one thing to slag a player off - god knows I do it with enough former players from my club who have left for varying reasons, but you just don't do that kinda stuff, especially in todays climate where people are you know actually getting their heads chopped off.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Perhaps the club could have done something to prevent supporters from sneaking the banner into the stadium in the first place. That said, it's instances like this that give supporters an emotional high whilst attending games. Hopefully it's all just harmless banter and nothing else.

God damn that's a massive banner.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.