BRF Encounters are FUN!

This is probably my favorite raid tier ever. This tier is so unique aside from some serious cliche bosses. Every encounter felt extremely refreshing compared to Highmaul and SoO. Both of those raids bore me to death. This tier has some really cool organized madness to it.

It felt refreshing over a raid that was open for 15 months. Well - thats a shock!

You sound like a kitten with a shiny new bauble until a flashing light attracts your attention elsewhere.

Sure it looks good, I'll reserve judgement though till I've seen all the fights / how mythic pans out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    It felt refreshing over a raid that was open for 15 months. Well - thats a shock!

You sound like a kitten with a shiny new bauble until a flashing light attracts your attention elsewhere.

Sure it looks good, I'll reserve judgement though till I've seen all the fights / how mythic pans out.
    Is everyone so bitter and jaded nowdays? Are first impressions not a thing nowdays? Let him/her enjoy it even if he does the encounter once, absolutely nothing wrong with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had tons of fun with most of the fights, but Iron Maidens just bore me to death (or sleep.. I was pretty close to falling asleep on heroic progression on them).

10+ Year Old Account
    I like most of the fights I've done. Didn't like the one with the moving floor. The train one was very interesting to be honest :P
    You're a towel.

Gruul, Oregorger,Beastmaster, Iron maidens (Felt like a mash of galakras and Paragons) were pretty normal, nothing unique. Operator, Kromgor,Hansgor, Flamebender were all extremely fun for me and fresh. (Didn't do blast furnace and blackhand yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Is everyone so bitter and jaded nowdays? Are first impressions not a thing nowdays? Let him/her enjoy it even if he does the encounter once, absolutely nothing wrong with it.
    I'm not jaded at all. Whats jaded about calling people out when they walk into an instance in the opening week and scream "best raid eveh!!!!" It's a mediocre thread with no insights and an opinion thats had about 3 seconds thought put into it. "It's unique except for the stuff that isn't!" (Y'know like the rehashed FIRST boss)

Deleted
    I think brf is really underwhelming so far, at least in case of the four bosses that I killed:

Gruul: doesn't even need to be here, really boring fight, move out of shit and dps zerg him down

Hans&Franz: room design is pretty cool, but the fight again boils down to: don't stand there when shit comes down

Darmac: spears taken from iron qon and he spawns adds, translates to: don't stand in shit, kill adds when they spawn, dps down boss.

Flamebender: don't stand in fire, run in if you have fire, kill adds, otherwise dps boss.

Had a few trys on trainguy, which seemed to be the first fight that was different from the stereotypical shit.

I literally went into this instance (on hc) without looking up guides, tactics or even reading the dungeon journal and I knew exactly what to do
    on basically the first try of each of these bosses, just because the same mechanics are being used over and over again.

Can't comment on the remaining bosses though.

I am glad that at least somebody likes it then.
    On my part I find them either insanely dumb and easy or just furstrating as hell. That is my perspective tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizrok View Post
    I think brf is really underwhelming so far, at least in case of the four bosses that I killed:

Gruul: doesn't even need to be here, really boring fight, move out of shit and dps zerg him down

Hans&Franz: room design is pretty cool, but the fight again boils down to: don't stand there when shit comes down

Darmac: spears taken from iron qon and he spawns adds, translates to: don't stand in shit, kill adds when they spawn, dps down boss.

Flamebender: don't stand in fire, run in if you have fire, kill adds, otherwise dps boss.

Had a few trys on trainguy, which seemed to be the first fight that was different from the stereotypical shit.

I literally went into this instance (on hc) without looking up guides, tactics or even reading the dungeon journal and I knew exactly what to do
    on basically the first try of each of these bosses, just because the same mechanics are being used over and over again.

Can't comment on the remaining bosses though.

Every single boss in the history of this game can be described with "Move out of shit, kill mobs, dps boss, heal people, move from mechanics sometimes"....
    You're a towel.

All I can say is that I hate add fights (Galakras/Spoils, yeah, that kind of stuff). However, the Train boss which is a Multishot marathon is one of the most enjoyable encounters ever. There is something in "I died by getting hit by a train" that turns this up to 11.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

Bitter much? Way to be a complete bore and detroy a happy thread with that attitude.
    Based on your post-history you're not exactly contributing with all constructive posts.

I have to agree with OP, havent had this much fun in a raid in a while

Enjoyed Train operator, Hanz&Franz and Blast Furnace as WW monk, lots of adds to fight.
    Found Hanz&Franz to be lots of fun, their voiceovers are great and it's different to have to run along the conveyor belts constantly.
    Train boss again I love the VO's and the trains coming and going really make it feel like a unique fight.
    Blast furance is madness and needs a lot of things to be kept track of, hectic.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Hype train killing you is funny :P
    Beastlord is basically Iron Qon with adds no? Kinda unoriginal...
    Half of the encounters do seem very cool though, I like this raid!

10+ Year Old Account
    Beastlord is probably the second easiest boss though to, right after gruul.

Kromog was prety boring as well.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaderp View Post
    Based on your post-history you're not exactly contributing with all constructive posts.

OP please learn how to post threads, what are we supposed to discuss here really?

And what does the clothing brand "Kappa" have to do with World of Warcrafts subscriptions exactly?
    Cool story bro, can be exactly the other way around too.
    Now this was a weird and childish thread, time to filter away the Off Topic forums I guess.
    You're the poster boy for constructive posts huh?

All I'm saying is theres multiple threads on this and the instance hasn't even been out a week. I prefer a considered response instead of the usual first day "best raid evah!" stuff.

Thogar and Blast Furnace both seem like well-made encounters, nothing else sticks out at first look for me though. Oregorger is entertaining the first few pulls but nothing really revolutionary. Blackhand seems fun but a little lackluster in terms of tank mechanics. Maidens isn't very fun at all, and Gruul/Beastlord/Flamebender are pretty generic encounters.

Deleted
    Over all, i can say that the majority of the encounters in BRF are better than the encounters in HM. My favorites so far, havent killed the Iron Maidens and Blackhands yet, are Kromog, Blast Furnace and Thogar. Oregorger is an interessting fight but i hate it that there are always ppl not in line of sight, kinda annoying imo. Very keen on doing Blackhand encounter

Yes they are indeed. A couple of walkovers and a couple of moderately challenging ones, Blast Furnace and Maidens very challenging with Blackhand over the top. I like it.