Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Armory Stats - Followers, Maelstrom Weapon Change Reverted, Blue Tweets, DLC #474

Maintenance Reminder, Updated Legendaries, Error 395002, Non-Jade Poison DoT WD

Versus Series: Meta vs Grenan, Blue Posts

Beta Key Giveaway, Into the Nexus #35, Weekly Sale Changes

Armory Stats - Garrison Followers
    We are taking a look at an often requested topic, garrison stats. Unfortunately the Battle.Net API doesn't give us any garrison specific information, so all we can look at is achievements. You can always give this post a thumbs up to show your interest in having garrison data in the API though!

We are continuing with follower data today, looking at 2.7 million players and 4.4 million characters. Keep in mind that the 20 x Level 100 Follower achievement unlocks the War Mill / Bunker blueprints.

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!
    Patch 6.1 - Maelstrom Weapon Change Reverted
    Enhancement Shamans can relax for now, as the Maelstrom Weapon change will be reverted.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Choluna and Thisalee Crow Followers
    QA has finished testing a hotfix that will provide the Choluna or Thisalee Crow follower NPC to players who previously completed the quest "Primal Fury". If you had completed the quest last week and didn't receive the follower, you should receive the follower as soon as you login once realms have been restarted. Restarts for US realms are currently scheduled for tomorrow at 5am PST. I'm happy to announce that just like any other follower, Choluna and Thisalee Crow have a chance to roll as rare or epic when you recruit them.

Players who have not yet completed Primal Fury will receive Choluna or Thisalee Crow as soon as they complete the quest, in addition to the other rewards.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused over the last week. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Amplify Magic doesn't affect glyph of regenerative ice heals or the cold snap heal. Have reported this for about a month.
    This is intended. % heals aren't increased. (holinka)

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    how do you see Seraphim ever being viable again after this tier when it doesn't scale?
    This is a common misconception. It totally does scale. Check out Theck's theorycrafting. Static ratings don't "not scale". (Celestalon)

Character / Items
    With the new heirloom tab include BoA items, such as those from Archeology in Pandaria?
    We feel like it would muddy the waters of the system. The Heirloom tab is only for items that scale with character level. (WarcraftDevs)

PvE
    Frustrating in progression wipes to wait for 3 minute CD's. Any chance we can get those to reset on wipe ?
    This is definitely a topic of discussion on our end. Appreciate the feedback! (WarcraftDevs)

PvP
    Have you realised that you have basically killed any form of competitive PvP?
    Quite the contrary, I expect this year to be one of the best for competitive PvP. Stay tuned! (holinka)

hello friend, I am curious as to if challenger/rival/duelist/gladiator titles are still available from 5v5, I mever saw a blue post
    Hello friend. Those titles will only be given out in the 3v3 bracket this season. (WarcraftDevs)

Dev Communication
    Just want'd to offer a late thank you for the communication you did with players while working for blizzard. Appreciated
    Talking to players is one of the most rewarding parts of my job. Wish more devs and their managers understood that. (Ghostcrawler)
    Please pass this on to he seems to have a phobia of talking to the PvP community
    Team has gone in a different direction with communication then when I originally joined Twitter. (holinka)
    Are we going back to BC era of communication? I really really hope not. Even on the forums you guys are quiet now.

What happened?
    just a lot of scrutiny over me using my personal Twitter as a personal Twitter account (holinka)
    There is some understandable frustration with the current lack of communication. Blizzard seems to have stopped the Dev twitter communication model but its not clear what the new model is.

That's great, but there is nothing on the forums. The least people ask for is a reply, even if it's "We're doing nothing yet"
    Patch notes are a central location for people to find out about future changes. Don't want news spread throughout forum threads. (holinka)

Dark Legacy Comics #474
    DLC #474 has been released.

10+ Year Old Account
    DLC is spot on, too much ish to do!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tybudd33 View Post
    DLC is spot on, too much ish to do!!
    Not so sure about that; the only time my quest log got full was when I was hoarding quests from the Inn.

Deleted
    Too much to do in WoD? Lol, this is the expansion with the least amount of content. I can't remember leaving the Garrison the last time.

Poor farmer Ted. All he ever wanted out of life was to not be butchered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Too much to do in WoD? Lol, this is the expansion with the least amount of content. I can't remember leaving the Garrison the last time.
    Indeed my friend! Clearly shows that I have 25 followers on 655 ilvl.

Interesting data about the followers - 5 followers and 10 followers - seem easy to obtain, but there is a steep drop in players having 25+ followers.

As for Ilevel, I have not yet started upgrading them over 645, as I am trying to get as many 645 followers as possible. (I dont play alot, so less missions/crates/tokens etc). I have about 5-6 645ers only atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Interesting data about the followers - 5 followers and 10 followers - seem easy to obtain, but there is a steep drop in players having 25+ followers.

As for Ilevel, I have not yet started upgrading them over 645, as I am trying to get as many 645 followers as possible. (I dont play alot, so less missions/crates/tokens etc). I have about 5-6 645ers only atm.
    Thats because you get ~10 followers from doing the leveling content, and most people couldnt care less to collect all of them. Garrisons are a horrible feature.

thank god to those reverted changes for enhance

would of been a absolute joke otherwise

thank goodness indeed, i like off-healing my raid

You wanted GC gone? Enjoy!
    1. Almost zero communication with the community
    2. Worst class balance since BC
    3. No explanation on most changes (latest blogs on battle.net are just pure PR bullshit)

40 followers is practically impossible without an inn currently. It requires a lot of rep grinding. It will be much easier in 6.1. I'm at 37/40 myself. To be honest I could've had it by now, but the past few weeks I've been passing on the inn followers since they've been boring and I don't want do just add followers for the hell of it. Not a fan of the inn followers at all for the most part; they're just a means to an end since I had horrible follower luck on my main. (I.E. I got absolutely no scavengers outside of the inn until just two weeks ago when my 30th or so follower hit epic.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by demoniko View Post
    Really now?Some seasons of WoTLK,Cata and all of MoP except last season were way worse.

Deleted
    Holinka sounds mad.

Quote Originally Posted by demoniko View Post
    You wanted GC gone? Enjoy!
    1. Almost zero communication with the community
    3. No explanation on most changes (latest blogs on battle.net are just pure PR bullshit)
    This sudden love for GC is the deepest pool of congealed bullshit I have ever seen spring up on a wow forum. Things have changed, as they always do, and for some unknown reason your brain connected the dots between GC and Blizz with some half thought up conspiracy theory that things were better under GC. GC was given too much credit for shitty stuff when he was with wow and now he gets too much credit for the best stuff in wow.

Shit changes on a daily basis, get use to it. Just another day at Blizzard.

Why the hell does the alliance get thisalee and not both factions? She is suppose to be neutral

Blizzard's new communication strategy: no communication.

The last 2 graphs showed just how lack luster the garrisons really are. This one shows that really after the initial leveling, nobody cares much about followers. While the last 1 shows nobody cares about the followers missions.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Woah... I think it's the first time that I'm in the lowest graphic bar I have most of them at 654 ilvl (not wasting items for 1 ilvl upgrade until they rise the cap).

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    The last 2 graphs showed just how lack luster the garrisons really are. This one shows that really after the initial leveling, nobody cares much about followers. While the last 1 shows nobody cares about the followers missions.
    Almost 10% of the game have 10 x i650 Followers -most likely for Highmaul Cache missions. I'd say that's a fair amount of people that care. If you are raiding then you care about the Cache and Runestone missions.

Maintaining both Followers and Garrisons is easy and doesn't take much time, it just benefits from regular usage; as always with WoW, you get back what you put in. So either put up or shut up. Me and many in the guild have plenty of time to raid Mythic, their professions and my Garrisons / Followers. Not many do alts -and are more now than ever to not have to do alts -Garrisons feel that necessity for many.