Thread: New ptr update!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Ice flows not usable on missiles/evocate? really? that's an awfully big nerf...

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Awesome. Back to NEVER USING IT EVER for me.

I mean, I never used it as an actual choice before, just for fucking around. Now it'll never be used by me because I just flat out dislike it over BS (or even Evanesce when it's gonna actually work in 6.1, haha).

As for the Fire 4P nerf, is that on WoWhead too?
    Seriously? It's literally the best choice....

The Ice Floes nerf was sooo obvious. Thanks Blizzard for letting us mount and channel spells while moving for 2 months, and then taking that away from us without even having the balls to add that to the patch notes.

It's about the same feeling as Kiljaeden's cunning nerf in ..was it 5.2? but on a lesser sccale

Quote Originally Posted by Insomlol View Post
    What...

Ice floes is our best t1 spell by far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Seriously? It's literally the best choice....
    Yeah yeah, I know you all find it to be god's gift to mobility. I prefer BS myself and I perform just fine with it.

Just saying I've tried it multiple times, don't like it, and now with this nerf to fun, it'll never be used by me again :\

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    The Ice Floes nerf was sooo obvious. Thanks Blizzard for letting us mount and channel spells while moving for 2 months, and then taking that away from us without even having the balls to add that to the patch notes.
    They even said "it's okay and not a problem" for the longest time. Now they just fucking stealth-nerf it like pricks.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Yeah yeah, I know you all find it to be god's gift to mobility. I prefer BS myself and I perform just fine with it.

Just saying I've tried it multiple times, don't like it, and now with this nerf to fun, it'll never be used by me again :\

- - - Updated - - -

They even said "it's okay and not a problem" for the longest time. Now they just fucking stealth-nerf it like pricks.
    Gods gift to mobility? No. The best and obvious talent of the 3? Yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    Fire 4pc was way too strong, but sadly the spec's single target DPS was very reliant on it. This doesn't change how OP fire will be on AoE / Cleave fights, but it will mean it becomes weaker on single target.
    which is good, because then Fire will not be the only spec to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berlinia View Post
    which is good, because then Fire will not be the only spec to play.
    I think I might have overstated this, but you get what I mean :P4

Deleted
    Yeah i agree with Ber. Also, the 4set bonus was already the strongest in the game by far afaik, so toning it down isn't a big deal.

So they intend to remove IF + mounting and nothing else ?
    I can get over this, but I will definitely miss it

Edit : or not, changed from "your next spell" to "your next Mage spell", so adios Hearthstone + IF while kiting, mounting, Swapblaster, crafting, mass rez, and so on ...

Why u do dis blizzard
    Last edited by Araitik; 2015-02-12 at 10:39 AM.

There's a world between "fine" and "best". You keep saying BS is as good as IF if used correctly but that's just plain false. You may prefer it but in terms of DPS, IF is superior. Period.

IIRC, they said they were ok with it MONTHS ago and in 1 single tweet. Things have changed since, they have data and they are allowed to change their mind on the matter.

new new updates!

splitting ice +60% range

frost spec meteor 94% boosted damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    You keep saying BS is as good as IF if used correctly
    I said that? And I KEEP saying that? Care to quote me?

I never once said that IF is bad, nor did I ever say BS is better or as good as it, all I said was "I dislike IF and use BS instead". Please don't put words in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
    new new updates!

splitting ice +60% range

Woo, maybe now SI and CS won't suck so hard
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I said that? And I KEEP saying that? Care to quote me?

I never once said that IF is bad, nor did I ever say BS is better or as good as it, all I said was "I dislike IF and use BS instead". Please don't put words in my mouth.
    Ok I may have overstated it but you've been defending BS in almost, if not every, thread that touches on mobility and at some point, coming over and over and over again to say the same thing makes you look like you have something to prove.

You like BS over IF, we get it and that's fine, but IF IS the best choice when it comes to maximizing DPS while moving, you can't argue with that (which is clearly what you're doing in this reply).

Is it better to cope with some mechanics ? Maybe sometimes, when Blink isn't enough (which I find is never honestly, even more so if you play arcane).
    Is it better to get out of the bad stuff fast ? Probably, but if you're quick, you won't have trouble getting out with IF too without taking damage or only 1 tick (if it's instant).
    Is it more fun ? Definitely but unfortunately, when you care about progression above all else that argument falls short.

To expand a bit, I think IF is just too good compared to BS or Evanesce. Maybe I would take Evanesce is it blocked the bump on Butcher and the damage of Firestorm on Kagraz but other than those 2, I can't see a fight were I'd want something else than IF.

Quote Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
    new new updates!

splitting ice +60% range

About bloody time will be interesting to see how much cleave dmg was lost in the past with splitting ice refusing to cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    To expand a bit, I think IF is just too good compared to BS or Evanesce. Maybe I would take Evanesce is it blocked the bump on Butcher and the damage of Firestorm on Kagraz but other than those 2, I can't see a fight were I'd want something else than IF.
    To be fair, Evanesce is crap atm because it doesn't block, well, anything. On top of that, you lose both Ice Block AND BS or IF, which is just such a hefty cost even if it DID work (though it will work on a LOT more mechanics in 6.1). IF is the best for DPS and I won't deny, but I simply enjoy the extra sprint when I need to get my ass moving. Blink is nice and all, and I even have it glyphed to have a second charge, but it bugs a lot (getting stuck on a single pixel or turning you around...) and sometimes you just slightly misjudge how far it will go (or how short it will fuck you at times) and even end up killing you!

I guess I'm also in a different boat because I'm not pressured to maximize my DPS when I'm already sitting on the top on almost every fight since my raid team is so meh/casuals-trying-to-do-Mythics, so I'd rather improve my survivability (in which Blazing Speed is better) rather than pushing out some extra DPS. If it ever gets to the point where I will need to squeeze out every drop of DPS, then I'll probably pick up IF and learn it better, but I guess I just don't care enough to when I don't have to *shrug*.

Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    About bloody time will be interesting to see how much cleave dmg was lost in the past with splitting ice refusing to cleave.
    A LOT, is all we can equate it to, unless your tanks weren't baddies up to this point, haha.

To be fair, Evanesce is crap atm because it doesn't block, well, anything. On top of that, you lose both Ice Block AND BS or IF, which is just such a hefty cost even if it DID work (though it will work on a LOT more mechanics in 6.1).
    Definitely. I feel like Evanesce belongs to the lvl 60 talent tier and not the lvl 15 tier.

yeah, make cold snap passive, and throw evansece in its place imo.

Quote Originally Posted by nexellent View Post
    yeah, make cold snap passive, and throw evansece in its place imo.
    How does that even work? You passively reset your cooldowns?

I think he meant baseline.

Deleted
    But but but swapblaster + icy flows... i have only 36 people killed with this combo... i need more! Dont change icy flows *cry*