Poll: WHO WON?

This poll will close on 2025-04-16 at 09:15 PM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    They would first have to resolve the copyright dispute they have with OCC or whoever made these bikes.
    AFAIK there is no "copyright dispute". Whenever talk about the Horde bike being brought back comes up, the legal anxiety that people assume Blizzard has is a Californian law about game prizes. Blizzard advertised that the bike would only be given out to people who were subbed (aka paying $15 a month to play) at the time. If Blizzard were to make the mount available again, then suddenly an argument for a class action lawsuit could be levied against Blizzard because people who only resubbed to get the mount want their $15 back. The American Chopper special was higher profile than other stuff Blizzard has made commonly available like TCG bonus items. This might be the same reason why the MoP legendary cloaks and challenge mode armors haven't been made available again, because Blizzard heavily touted that they were going away and you had to buy the latest expansion and resub to get them while you could.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    I do want to know who said "You know what's bada** on a bike? TREADS!", was It blizzards idea or the shop crew...
    Paul Jr. answered this. Tank treads were something different, and he felt they were more appropriate for the heavy plate wearers that dominate the Warcraft setting. Having them ride thin wheels into battle would look weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I like how you used the word objectively to support your answer and followed it up with subjective opinions.
    Not subjective, just true. fite me lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    How is the horde one "OBJECTIVELY" better?
    It actually matches the factions energy unlike the alliance one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynexia View Post
    Not subjective, just true. fite me lol.

- - - Updated - - -

It actually matches the factions energy unlike the alliance one.
    The alliance one literally fits the alliance's energy, but ok whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The alliance one literally fits the alliance's energy, but ok whatever.
    Does it? Because to me it looks nothing like anything else the alliance has ever created ever....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynexia View Post
    Does it? Because to me it looks nothing like anything else the alliance has ever created ever....
    I do not know in what world you think it looks like "nothing the alliance has ever created" when it literally has the alliance shield, some generic alliance swords, and silver and gold pauldrons, an iconic alliance look.

What on the horde bike has "ever been created ever" by the horde?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I do not know in what world you think it looks like "nothing the alliance has ever created" when it literally has the alliance shield, some generic alliance swords, and silver and gold pauldrons, an iconic alliance look.

What on the horde bike has "ever been created ever" by the horde?
    The Mekgineer's chopper ironically looks better than the Champion's Treadblade IMO.

The Warlord's Death Wheel looks like a direct upgrade to the Mechano-Hog, like a mythic version of a heroic mount.

Its a matter of taste. There is no right or wrong answer. I think Champion's Treadblade looks like a dumb bike both IRL and in-game. The shield on the visor is especially dumb looking IMO. A sleek design to go with that chrome and silver would have been nicer but went with a bike that looks front heavy with the ass of a caterpillar cocoon. I just do not like it.

I guess what sells the Horde version to me the most is the Mad Max exhaust stacks and the bones coming out to look like gorgers. The treads in the back combined with the wheel looks like it makes more sense in my head. Idk, I'm not a bike expert.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    They would first have to resolve the copyright dispute they have with OCC or whoever made these bikes.

The Alliance bike is already permanently available ingame from a vendor, so sorta pointless to make it available on the Trading Post.

Meanwhile the copyright dispute is the only reason (as far as we know) that the Horde bike has not been made available since this promotion.

I've seen this mentioned before and I honestly cannot fathom there being some sort of impending consequence of them releasing the opposing faction's version of something they already have in game that exists. People mention something like California has a law that makes it so things made available in FOMO sweepstakes can never be made available again or something like that... Which is a big huh? Who is going to sue Blizzard for creating a vendor to buy something already in game?? What law was possibly written for such a videogame that allows the specific circumstance of having 2 competing playable factions?
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2024-04-17 at 09:30 PM.

Everyone lost because these custom bikes are famously trash, no matter which of the Paul's was involved, but I guess the alliance one was especially trash and reached a new level of unusable. Ironically that one is still available, but even magic couldn't make that one work, just the utter lack of a physics engine.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance won because it’s the only one you can still get in game LMAO
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

The horde one looks more metal as horde themes are more metal themselves, which are cooler on a bike. Even then, they could've made the alliance one a lot better. It should have used a front wheel like the horde one and ditch the front shield, and then use eagle themes like the alliance dwarf siege weapons and airship.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Curious why you voted for the Horde one if you thought the Alliance one looks better?
    I voted for the one that I could use if it won, no other reason - that happened to be Alliance.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The Alliance was better, but the Horde are the normies/mainstream side, so of course they won.

Spikes on top of more spikes appeals to your average Millennial dudebro.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!