Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post

Actually, lorewise Xavius is still alive - he was defeated at the end of the novel Stormrage and imprisoned in the Rift of Aln. If I had done an Emerald Dream expansion concept, I would certainly have used him.

I probably won't use any Emerald Dream elements in this concept - I think it would be possible to do so, but I'm of the opinion that the Dream can stand alone on its own merits and doesn't need to be combined with another theme. When I plotted out the basic story and content of the Reign of Azshara, I did the same for an Emerald Dream expansion, and there was actually more Dream stuff to start with. I might do it after the RoA concept is done.

As for the Tomb of Sargeras and Zandalar, there are definitely going to be things happening there in the future. I don't have any new dungeons planned, though I did consider making a new version of the Temple of Atal'Hakkar, but I felt that would make more sense as a Dream related dungeon (as you say, Hakkar has some connection there). Not sure whether Hakkar will be showing up in Zandalar or not.
    Separate Emerald Dream expansion has been something that players have concepted and wanted. It just might work and deserve attention on it's own, if it was just thought out in this scale.
    My conclusion is mostly based on the fact that Blizzard themselves stated that they won't do an entire expansion of just green stuff, they'd rather just do it as raid tier. Azshara and Xavius, South seas and the bottom of the sea, naga, N'zoth, Neptulon all just tie up in so many ways in the lore and WoW history this would have been a perfect opportunity to include it. Also in addition to other naga and sea themed classic dungeons this would bring up Temple of Atal'hakkar as a possible redone, since it's linked to the Dream.

But all in all this suggestion was more a way to introduce Xavius to the side of Azshara, which was my main point, not necessarily link Emerald Dream so much. Just going deeper into the highborne lore and how and what happened to them. There's plenty of books about it, but doing thing in-game is a whole other thing. In that sense Draenor has been nice to meet a lot of these old characters that have been already gone, and experiencing things that have happened and not just a Caverns of time 20 minute dungeon. Even though Draenor is it's own timeline and things don't happen as they happened before.

This also leads to the Tomb of Sargeras suggestion, i have to admit i'm a little lore obsessed about it.
    It's just something i see as the main point how we'll get in to Sargeras and the legions invasion.
    Specially seeing how Gul'dan currently is turning up, it just makes me believe even more this is his destiny and Blizzard is actually working on this.
    It's going to be a major bummer if Gul'dan is killed as a scenario quest or even as Draenor last tier boss.

But it's true that there's so much stuff related to the Dream this would just be touching the surface and probably not enough for players enjoying lore.
    More of a way to not get too deep in to the green stuff and get the subject matter dealed with.

And you're using the 4 patch system, which is personally much more favorable than the current Blizz 3 patch system.
    Hence the idea for yet another troll raid, and Zandalar and Hakkar pretty much go hand in hand more than Hakkar goes with the Emerald Dream although there's a connection. I just liked how the previous troll raids have taken the player away from the burning issue at hand and the main point of the expansion for one patch and offered something else, raid's that have been really entertaining. Especially being a more minor raid than the bigger tiers, excluding Throne of Thunder, but ToT had a mix of trolls and the mogu empire as set up which made more sense to be a big raid.

As for the redone dungeons, i actually see them a good thing. It sounds like recycling, but when done to heroic they are also reflected and update as low level normals which are then projected to the current state of the world while leveling. Characters that have actually lorewise died, get removed. Only bad thing about it if you're really into lore and have just started the game you'll miss content that was there. I personally started in TBC and have always felt like i missed something when i didn't get in to 40man curve, things that have been removed Naxx40 and the Bang the gong event. So the redones are not a necessity, but a nice update to the old continent that gets outdated unless Cataclysm like events reasons an update.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2015-03-09 at 06:19 PM.

Boss expansion for sure, would buy.

Deleted
    Awesome fan concept! I wish this expansion will launch after WoD But you should dump the 4th specc idea (due to balancing issues) and world pvp zone Tel Abim. Blizzard can only make awfully bad world pvp zones. (Wintergrasp, Tol Barad and Ashran nuff said).

You missed an important thing in this expansion, murloc! We need more murlocs! "Save the Murlocs"

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    Considering the theme it's more likely to be soft and wet or at least most. And smell of fish. (too far?)
    To quote a certain starship helmsman: "Ohh myyy..."
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Datigeraj View Post
    You missed an important thing in this expansion, murloc! We need more murlocs! "Save the Murlocs"
    Same here. We need more Murlocs, a lot of them. C'mon, is a sea theme xpansion

10+ Year Old Account
    This is epic, and patch x.1 is fantastic. I fear Blizzard will never show an expansion this good. You should apply to work there.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynon View Post
    Dear Blizzard:

HIRE THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!
    I was going to say the same

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    The guy already explained that the zones were raised up from the depths of the sea. Could they have watery look to them? Perhaps, but it's not an underwater expansion.
    Though some zones could still have pools of water that was trapped during the rise, with underwater quest chains in those zones (Vashjir underwater mechanics).

I need this in my life. I actually made an account on this website for the first time ever just to reply, or rather ask a question: can we make characters/head canons of "what if" we can play this? Instead of looking at how beautiful it is (and for those of you complaining about lore conflictions, Blizzard redoes their lore or makes additions all the time), can those that choose to RP do so with this idea?

I always wanted to kill gnomes over a banana. Bring it on!

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    I do indeed have the makrura involved, though not quite as indepthly as you've suggested! The idea that they're related to the aqir like the nerubians is honestly an idea that never occured to me - it makes sense, since lobsters are arthopods and related to insects and arachnids, but I always imagined they came from a big lobster Ancient or something! It's an intruiging idea though...

The makrura I depict in RoA aren't outright hostile and actually call on the Alliance and the Horde to help them evacuate their capitol city, Mak'Aru, from being overrun by both the naga and the undead stygians, eventually fleeing into the deep sea. I honestly haven't gotten anything more planned for them than that. Maybe a few nasty mutated makrura will show up later, when N'Zoth's forces really start to get moving...?
    That sounds great even better to fight beside them, then against them! Keep up the good work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yak you are the man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

Absolutely amazing. All the races look great, especially Calamarai. An squid/octopus race would be so awesome, especially as you have it drawn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely love this, Azshara has always been a favorite villain. The only thing I can add is that I believe when Blizzard announced WoD, the reason hey gave us 10 more levels is that they were not going to raise the level cap past that. Unless of course my memory is wrong on that. Would be awesome to do this expansion! Keep up the great work!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandita View Post
    I was going to say the same
    I agree blizzard should hire him on the staff

Excellent looking fan concept.

I'd really consider it over WoD. At least your ideas seem to move the game, story and just the world as a whole forward vs what we have been getting for the past number of expansions.

Hell, it could play off part of the Vash'j story and what she was doing stealing all that water.
    Last edited by quras; 2015-03-09 at 08:33 PM.

I love the calamari concept.

Deleted

More ideas?

Hey! I am really not the right guy to draw stuff and I'm really not talented, but I would like to give you my ideas for your fan-expansion!

It's my first time drawing stuff like this but I would like to present the Siluropod. An Underwater mount. Imagine the Champion's Treadblade...but underwater, I was going for that kind of technology, I'm sure the gnomes/goblins could come up with something like that.

I have some links to my concept "art", but since I'm new, I can't post them yet.

Also, I would like to also suggest you include some RP factors. I know Roleplay isn't a big thing with most of the people, but players on Argent Dawn (like myself, for example) would really love to have empty houses, castles, ruins, caves to RP in. It would be awesome. Also Ships! I know Pirates are a thing here, but I can't tell you how many times we had to fly to Vash'jir to get an empty ship to RP on.

Thanks and best regards!
    Kurt

P.S.: I'm sure you can make a better work than me on the Siluropod, but hey! I tried :P

I am not a fan of an entire area where you have to swim to get around but I do like this idea a lot. I do not know if I am the only one but I would like to see a tank spec added for rogues. All about dodging and parry attacks and can use poisons to help hold threat. Never tried to finely tune things for this, just like the concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    How aren't you working for Blizzard yet?