Deleted

Shadow help with improving DPS

How much DPS should I be doing at c. ilvl 655? I did c. 20K at HC Imp, which I feel is probably lower than it should be ...

I had a couple more pieces since, now c. ilvl 660 and I jumped into LFR to Imp. to check DPS. I met another spriest who had ilvl lower than me c. 650. S/he did more or less same DPS. We had a quick chat after and we both were doing same rotations ie CoP etc.

My DPS is so much lower (c. 2-3K less) on fights with movements (ex. Tectus, using SoD instead of Insanity), compared to mostly standing still (ex. Butcher). So perhaps I'm failing on maximising DPS while moving? Any advice in this area would be really appreciated.

Difficult to say what you're doing wrong without logs.

In general, the reason most people suck at SPriest is poor talent choice (knowing when/how to use Insanity vs. SoD), poor MB usage (not using it on CD), poor ToF abuse (not gaming as much ToF uptime as they can), poor gameplay choices (spamming MSp more than MB), not DoTweaving (because why would you want to do more DPS?), low Insanity uptime (how do I watch buffs?) or simply playing with their monitor off. Take your pick of one (or more) of these, then get better at it.

Deleted
    Thanks for the reply!

I wasn't sure if I could post a link. Let me try ... I messed up with the rotation towards the end because we thought we were going to wipe :\

worldoflogs/com/reports/rt-y6wvhqllg7ypgw34/details/11/?s=8325&e=9076

(Edit: I couldn't so replaced the . with /)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashvine View Post
    How much DPS should I be doing at c. ilvl 655? I did c. 20K at HC Imp, which I feel is probably lower than it should be ...

I had a couple more pieces since, now c. ilvl 660 and I jumped into LFR to Imp. to check DPS. I met another spriest who had ilvl lower than me c. 650. S/he did more or less same DPS. We had a quick chat after and we both were doing same rotations ie CoP etc.

My DPS is so much lower (c. 2-3K less) on fights with movements (ex. Tectus, using SoD instead of Insanity), compared to mostly standing still (ex. Butcher). So perhaps I'm failing on maximising DPS while moving? Any advice in this area would be really appreciated.

Hello there, imperator is a tricky fight for Spriest when the mines/bombs are interupting our insanity phase, im at 670 ish gear and do around 25k so your 20k isnt to low really.
    It also depends if you AoE intermission adds or not, i could probably hit alot more than 25k if i AoEed some but i leave that to classes with better burst and i focus on the other things that matters.
    It can be a messy fight or a clean fight depending how everyone moves also makes it harder to focus on doing the optimal rotation.
    Also are you going for mastery or other stats ? stuff like that also matters.
    i Cant remember really what i had at 655 but im guessing i was in you area also.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    20k doesn't seem too low on a movement fight.

I simmed my priest which is at around 660 ilvl with some pvp gear and he sims for a singletarget patchwerk fight about 24.5k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerloc View Post
    It also depends if you AoE intermission adds or not, i could probably hit alot more than 25k if i AoEed some but i leave that to classes with better burst and i focus on the other things that matters.
    It can be a messy fight or a clean fight depending how everyone moves also makes it harder to focus on doing the optimal rotation.
    Also are you going for mastery or other stats ? stuff like that also matters.
    I don't AoE during intermissions either. If big healing CDs are up and if RL asks for AoE, I may gingerly put my finger over MS ... but so far just dotted SW: P on little adds etc. I'm mastery mainly with crit enchants/gems.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I feel less unhappy / stressed now.