Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Throne of Thunder was the best raid ever IMO, better than Ulduar and Sunwell (though those were great) and much better than ICC.

But honestly, you can't judge an instance from the week when the hardest difficulty isn't even out. Wait for mythic. Fun zone so far but it could be anywhere from amazing to really average still.

Except the trash being annoying as fuck and propably going to drive me insane, it`s shaping up to be awesome far.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Mythic turns out as hard as I hope it to be (even though I won't get into it until way down the road, fairly casual guild), it might shape up to be a raid for the ages. I can see several of these bosses being absolutely brutal on Mythic, most importantly Blackhand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I think the key is that the instance feels believable as a real place. Unlike something like ICC which felt too obvious that it was made to be a raid.
    I agree with this. I really liked how the wings interlock and intersect, and you get sweeping views of the later parts from balconies and elevators. Compared to ICC, which is a good comparison because it has a very similar structure, it's SO much better built.

best raid since? for sure

still nowhere near as good as either. nowhere near.

tuning is messed up too, some bosses are a joke, some too hard

i love oregorger fwiw. it's creative.

ToT was much better than this.

Honestly BRF feels mediocre. The dungeon is small and bland. The scenery and trash is boring and uninteresting. I agree with the guy who said it feels like more SOO - boring industrial orc theme. The fights seem okay so far, but I don't see where this hype is coming from. Yea, it's a new raid so everyone is excited I guess, but so far this looks totally forgettable. It's no Karazhan that's for sure.

And ICC was complete trash. Putricide and LK were the only good fights and the dungeon itself was probably the most boring design I've ever seen. Metal walls and ice... How does it get mentioned in the same sentence with Ulduar?
    Last edited by HitpointSC; 2015-02-05 at 02:27 PM.

Well Ulduar is horribly overrated in my opinion but from my limited experience ( 2/10 normal ) and that I like the whole idea of striking the industrial might of the Iron Horde right at its heart, I'd say yes.

IMO, yes. I didn't actually do ICC but I did do Ulduar when it was current and so far I'm having more fun than I had with Ulduar. We'll see what happens when the new car smell starts to wear off, but so far the raid is brilliant. Every fight engages me as a tank - even the tank and spank encounters keep me busy.

Granted, I haven't done Furnace or Blackhand yet, but I don't see why I would be less thrilled with more challenging content (Maidens just felt like a cluster**** but maybe that's just because steamrolling normal allows you to not know the mechanics very well and still win).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    "BRF - best raid since Ulduar/ICC?"

not. even. close.
    I'd say it seems better than ICC so far, kinda.
    In terms of actual fights. Themes and such ICC is better.

Compared to highmaul it's like 30 steps above laughing down at it.
    Reallydislikedhighmaul.

I feel it is better than Highmaul so far, but not ICC or Ulduar. I haven't seen the whole raid yet, but from what I've seen it looks alright. I am currently doing Heroic BRF and it seems a bit overtuned in comparison to Heroic Highmaul. I know that BRF is supposed to be harder than Higmaul, but the damage could be toned down a bit. Oregorger while fun is a tad hard. I have not done normal BRF, but from what I've heard there is a huge leap in difficulty from normal. Also from the FatBoss video I saw of Flamebender it looks insane. With that said, I'm sure with more time and experience the fights will seem easier. I think my favorite raid so far has been Kara. It felt like a great introductory raid to me. It was the raid I ran the most aside from SSC which I still loathe.

Deleted
    Best/most fun and hard to solve is and was Naxxramas 40 man. If you had the pleasure to play inside Naxx40 then you will with 99% probability agree.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondlem View Post
    Throne of Thunder was the best raid ever IMO, better than Ulduar and Sunwell (though those were great) and much better than ICC
    A lot of people praising ToT, while I enjoyed sections of it I felt the whole middle (tortos to jikun) was really poor. Defo not on the level of Ulduar, SWP and ICC (my 3 top raids). Might just be a personal preference thing but I wouldn't rate it that highly, I even preferred SoO to it.

Atm I'm enjoying BRF, the atmosphere seems about right and it feels like we're fighting for every inch of ground we take, as well as having an interesting and well thought out layout. Some of the tuning seems a little wonky so far but too early to tell, especially without mythic being released yet, although a lot of the bosses are interesting and have some fun mechanics.

I'm going to have to agree that it's too early to say yet, lets see how we feel in 3-4 months!

Maybe just the feeling of it being new to me but I don't think I've felt this way about any raid since Ulduar.

So yes. It's just so cool. Non-linear, the raid itself is like a maze and needs to be explored. The raid encounters themselves are great. I look forward to progressing through many of these bosses on mythic.

We did 9/10H. The only fight I didn't like so far was Blast Furnace. I loved Hans and Franz, Iron Maidens, Operator, and the big stationary stone dude. Flamebender was cool as well. Oregorger, Gruul, and Beastmaster were meh but there's nothing about those fights to make me dread doing them.

First raid that actually has a chance past week one to dethrone Ulduar for me as best raid ever. I don't think it will, but at least I didn't already make my decision after 1 week.

ToT was cool but I think its generally overrated.

Best since Ulduar / ICC? Yes

Better than? No way.

Full cleared normal yesterday for a tactics run prior to heroic tonight, and loved the entire instance. All of the bosses feel fairly unique with the exception of Gruul and Darmac (Thogar and H&F make up for it though). Setting is very cool, it feels very "connected" yet each sub-zone is unique in its own way. Can't wait until mythic blast furnace / maidens / blackhand

Deleted
    Even Throne of Thunder was better than Ulduar.

@ people discussing raid length: Blizzard has said their plan for WoD is two six-month tiers. I suspect they can stick to their plan for the first tier, which means blackrock is like... 3 and a half months? Something like that. Probably closer to 4, 4.5 given 6.1 delays probably delaying work on 6.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was kind of awesome when my raid group entered Kromog's room and everyone just stopped and collectively gasped at how huge he was. No innuendo intended.

Haven't had moments like that in raids for a while!

Quote Originally Posted by HitpointSC View Post
    ICC was complete trash. Putricide and LK were the only good fights and the dungeon itself was probably the most boring design I've ever seen. Metal walls and ice... How does it get mentioned in the same sentence with Ulduar?
    I thought it was just me that found ICC so visually underwhelming.

BRF at the moment looks alright. As good as Ulduar? I think you're dreaming. Ulduar was visually spectacular at parts, but it's those moments of awesomeness that make it so memorable. I have enjoyed the encounters in BRF and Visually it looks alright, but I don't really favor the Industrial Orc theme.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    It was kind of awesome when my raid group entered Kromog's room and everyone just stopped and collectively gasped at how huge he was. No innuendo intended.

Haven't had moments like that in raids for a while!
    He's just a reskinned Kologarn.