Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Updated the above docs link to reflect the opening post.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katryn View Post

Iron Maidens Mythic:

Serenity is a very viable talent choice for this, particularly if you're doing the 3 boat strategy. It's less DPS overall but lets you go on the Admiral's and Marak's boat. WW is an excellent choice for this since we can pool our TeB stacks and get extra ToD on the boat adds.
    I think that is just a bad idea for a raid leader. Other classes just do this better and it is best to maximize the damage dealt by each of your raid members. ToD is usually only about 340k. If you can ToD the mob, they would have died very soon anyway. Besides, our burst isn't that great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by redlan View Post
    Updated the above docs link to reflect the opening post.
    There are a lot of mistakes in that doc. Zen Sphere is best in most cases. Also, certain fights change according to difficulty. This post will only be for mythic from now on (as that is what people are progressing on atm).

Zen Sphere wasn't mentioned in the OP, but will update and add a disclaimer that this is for HC. I myself started playing monk just 2 resets ago and these tips have been invaluable, althought very overwhelming for a fresh monk.

Could you give me some pointers as to what else might be wrong in addition to the use of Chi Wave?
    Last edited by redfella; 2015-03-06 at 09:45 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by redlan View Post
    Zen Sphere wasn't mentioned in the OP, but will update and add a disclaimer that this is for HC. I myself started playing monk just 2 resets ago and these tips have been invaluable, althought very overwhelming for a fresh monk.

Could you give me some pointers as to what else might be wrong in addition to the use of Chi Wave?
    Sure.

-No Chiex for oregorger. There aren't really any other targets to cleave.

-Not entirely sure Chi Burst is good for Hanz & Franz. Could someone confirm? I would think that ZS pulls ahead.

-Chi Burst on Operator

Some talents should change when you switch to Mythic on certain fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeahndria View Post
    I think that is just a bad idea for a raid leader. Other classes just do this better and it is best to maximize the damage dealt by each of your raid members. ToD is usually only about 340k. If you can ToD the mob, they would have died very soon anyway. Besides, our burst isn't that great.
    I was topping damage on the boat add because you can pool 15+ stacks of TeB for the boat itself and have massive uptime on 10 stacks. I'm not saying that this is game-breaking or anything but we shouldn't complain when asked to do boat duty on Mythic Maidens. When doing he 3-boat strat on Maiden the DPS on the main floor doesn't matter. Be glad that you're being useful because your raid is probably going to sit you for Blast Furnace and Blackhand

Deleted
    Sitting monk on blast furnace? What? We are pretty damm strong on this fight with ToD for primal elemntalists and TeB pulling, we have cleave, stun, good personals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rait View Post
    Sitting monk on blast furnace? What? We are pretty damm strong on this fight with ToD for primal elemntalists and TeB pulling, we have cleave, stun, good personals.
    Primal Elementalists aren't the biggest deal in Mythic since you do it in 2 breaks. WW isn't bad for the fight, but we hardly shine.

How many people do the three boat strat? With more and more gear the 2 boat strat becomes a lot easier. I would never take serenity on that fight, because ChiEx can maintain 65k dps easy.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro9866 View Post
    How many people do the three boat strat? With more and more gear the 2 boat strat becomes a lot easier. I would never take serenity on that fight, because ChiEx can maintain 65k dps easy.
    This depends heavily on Mythic vs Heroic to my knowledge. Most guilds shouldn't ever have to think about 3 boats in heroic or normal. On Mythic its a different story.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Astro9866 View Post
    The 3 boat strat isn't about DPS. We could skip the last boat in before our first kill (Avast killed it in the same week as the other top guilds and wasted many hours doing the 2-boat strat). Doing 3 boats makes the final burn significantly easier since the Bloodsoaked Heartseeker orbs disappear during the 3rd boat making the 100 Iron Will burn phase much easier on healers and also significantly shorter since you enter the phase with all the maidens at 20% health.

To be clear: I normally take ChiEx on Maidens and will continue to do so unless I'm on boat duty which we are very well suited for.

Some of you still use ChiWave on certain fight?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Missyl View Post
    Some of you still use ChiWave on certain fight?
    Not I, but some people have just become comfortable with it and would rather not risk losing dps/raid awareness learning ZS during progression.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laeahndria View Post
    Not I, but some people have just become comfortable with it and would rather not risk losing dps/raid awareness learning ZS during progression.
    I am one of those people. I still parse in the 95th percentile and up, so I'm not too worried about it.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Yeah, same here.