Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

frost dk re-work

Hey all,

Wasn't there meant to be a frost DK re-work?

Any idea on when it is coming?

Cheers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Hey all,

Wasn't there meant to be a frost DK re-work?

Any idea on when it is coming?

Cheers
    Beta? /10 chars

"Changes coming" does not equate to a rework, but here's to hoping the changes will be more substantial than moving talent row 58 and 60

I think Frost was included in the recent talent switcheroo and that may just have been the most of it.

I wouldn't expect a major spec rehaul since Frost already plays pretty okay even without big Azerite traits.
    Although I don't mind Blizzard doing something to improve the experience further of course.

Deleted
    More changes will come; currently Wraith Walk has been moved to talents and Death's Advance has not been implemented for Frost.

Just a waiting game right now, no one expected Aff or Balance changes, yet they came right out of the blue. I imagine it'll be the same for Frost. FWIW, I don't think changes will be as big as Unholy's.

I wouldn't expect too much at this point. They just said there were some changes coming to the 3 specs and they didn't mention how extensive those were. The unholy ones were kinda big, but the ones for prot warrior and frost dk were rather minor. It's unlikely that they will do major things at this point when they will soon want to start the PTR testing, I'd expect balancing at this point, no major reworks.

Without artifacts blizzard will once again get away with having some specs completely broken and unplayable in some cases, so they probably won't care if at least one of your DPS options is playing extremely well. This has been their modus operandi before legion since the beginning. Only legion kinda forced them to pay a bit more attention (and even then it was not always the case..). Frost will probably get some bone thrown to it a couple months into the expansion, the usual fare.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-05-20 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Beta? /10 chars
    Lol, that is the most common bullshit phrase in the DK forum....every time beta rolls around..don't worry it's beta...then nothing changes...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Lol, that is the most common bullshit phrase in the DK forum....every time beta rolls around..don't worry it's beta...then nothing changes...
    Tell me about it

I've had a quick blast on beta, unholy looks ok - at least superficially

no got plz, no noooo

Quote Originally Posted by G4sques View Post
    no got plz, no noooo
    You're referring to what?

Deleted
    do we need any changes apart from maybe strengthening some talents that aren't played that much?

7+ Year Old Account
    Frost does not need a rework. The spec is supposed to feel quicker in terms of dealing damage. That's the whole reason Frost Strike costs only 25 Runic Power.

If its a matter of "I wish Frost got reworked" then, sure, would breathe some new life into the spec. Frost has more-or-less been the same play style since WotLK.

Frost has a couple of dead talents that certainly could be adressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    I think Frost was included in the recent talent switcheroo and that may just have been the most of it.

I wouldn't expect a major spec rehaul since Frost already plays pretty okay even without big Azerite traits.
    Although I don't mind Blizzard doing something to improve the experience further of course.
    I hate to sound pessimistic but I think the talent switchroo is the probably the only change frost will get coming into BFA. If you recall when they did the class previews back pre legion, they where pretty happy overall with how frost functioned so I am not expecting any sweeping changes. Still there is some dead talents I'd like to see reworked or pruned but not knowing how blizz embraces the path of "least resistance" , blizz probably looked at the talent switcheroo and went "Eh that's good enough"

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Frost does not need a rework. The spec is supposed to feel quicker in terms of dealing damage. That's the whole reason Frost Strike costs only 25 Runic Power.

If its a matter of "I wish Frost got reworked" then, sure, would breathe some new life into the spec. Frost has more-or-less been the same play style since WotLK.
    Frost actually does need a full rework. It should've gotten it for Legion, the fact a set bonus in the final tier was there to cover scaling issues should say enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It's unlikely that they will do major things at this point when they will soon want to start the PTR testing, I'd expect balancing at this point, no major reworks.
    Ye, I think you're wrong here, seeing as though Balance got some decent size changes just a couple of days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayiicha View Post
    Ye, I think you're wrong here, seeing as though Balance got some decent size changes just a couple of days ago.
    To be fair though, we were explicitly told we would be receiving changes while Balance was not told this. Not to say it's the same people working on the same class but I mean, let's be real, frost is looking shaky at best. Also, since being told we would get changes, Unholy received theirs and all DK lost Reap Magic. Big changes btw.

Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGrazer View Post
    To be fair though, we were explicitly told we would be receiving changes while Balance was not told this. Not to say it's the same people working on the same class but I mean, let's be real, frost is looking shaky at best. Also, since being told we would get changes, Unholy received theirs and all DK lost Reap Magic. Big changes btw.
    Nothing about frost was really changed. It's pretty much the same as it is in Legion and they seemed to be very pleased with the mess they left it in after wrecking BoS at the beginning of ToS. Of course the last talent tier is a mess, but it's not like that isn't true for many specs. It's not like many of the dead talents couldn't work, most of it comes down to balancing and that is the part where we are still not (fully) at, actually reworking the spec though and bringing back old talents? I doubt it. I had hopes they would scrap Inexorable Assault and give us mirror ball back at least, but with reap magic gone I fear the anti-magic theme is now gone from DKs and will be something they use on DH to prop up their lack of substance. Hell, they even took away the stronger AMS.. I'm not sure if AMS would even survive another class overhaul at this point.

With the awful levels of haste in the beginning I wouldn't be surprised if we just go through the same iteration as we did in legion and play with Icy Talons again to get through that time. Well, not that it would work that well this time around with Runic Attenuation being in the same tier as Icy Talons..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-05-21 at 11:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stukov View Post
    do we need any changes apart from maybe strengthening some talents that aren't played that much?
    Could be nice to see something like Sindy's Fury...since it seems a fair bit of specs are getting their main trait from the artifact as baseline or talents. (I say SF because I doubt anyone would care about the sword clone trait)

I wonder if we'll see anything this week. I'll truly be blown away if they decide to finally actually re-work Frost after all of these years, that's all I can think of since its been a few weeks since they announced frost changes are coming and since then we only had a minor talent row swap change (which I highly doubt are the changes they mentioned).

It probably won't get those level of changes but one can always hope!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGrazer View Post
    Can you imagine if it was just a typo and they meant to say Balance instead of Frost?...