Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I like the way Saving Grace is setup currently. Priest needed another instant cast heal so that people are less likely to target them, they are too easy of a target right now.

i think there is also a skill component to when to use this, because of the debuff. without question there are times when this will be useful if used correctly, and times when it will be a mistake to use it because of the debuff. i think its perfect. i think some tuning will of course be required, but i haven't played PTR so can't say if its OP or under powered.

Deleted
    Make it instant like it was in the bloody beta.
    It would have been my go to talent just for sheer saving arse potential but now i don't even look at it

Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    Make it instant like it was in the bloody beta.
    Do people not read PTR notes?

On PTR it was changed to instant, like 2-3 weeks ago.

the spell nerfs your healing for a set amount of time. Why as a healer would you want to use a spell that nerfs your output? Get rid of it and think of something else.

The only time it could be useful MAAAAYBE is on Hans/Franz right after a Suplex, and even then MAYBE if you're holy, just because there's practically nothing to heal for all of the fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    the spell nerfs your healing for a set amount of time. Why as a healer would you want to use a spell that nerfs your output? Get rid of it and think of something else.

for PvP? because if you try a casted spell with 2 enemies on you it will get kicked and you'll do zero healing instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Do people not read PTR notes?

On PTR it was changed to instant, like 2-3 weeks ago.
    Honestly, this is the first time i heard about it and it makes me very happy.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by mmoce36ef59794; 2015-02-09 at 11:26 PM.

Deleted
    Saving grace should be 2x stronger than flash heal(AFTER the passive +25% buff you get as a healer) instantly and another 100% of healed amount over 5 seconds.

Penalty is you lose the ability to cast any heals for 5 seconds and atonement is deactivated.

There now it's better, kind of.

Or just make it a 10 second CD instant that can have 2 charges, no drawback(maybe remove mana cost if it's still inferior to WoM). It's uninspired and boring, but at least it's useful.
    Last edited by mmocb9ae687706; 2015-02-09 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    Penalty is you lose the ability to cast any heals for 5 seconds and atonement is deactivated.

There now it's better, kind of.
    I'm not sure how "no healing at all for 5 seconds" is better than "reduced healing for 8 seconds".

Just give us back Void Shift... It serves the same purpose as SG (or rather what SG should be doing) but at least it's fun and people liked it.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2015-02-09 at 11:37 PM.
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time

Deleted
    I'm not sure how "no healing at all for 5 seconds" is better than "reduced healing for 8 seconds".
    Because being able to insta flash heal(x4 power) for 3000 mana is better than casting 4 flash heals for 24,000 mana and 6 seconds?

i dunno?

Deleted
    Why does everyone think its okay to have an ability with a downside, the only downside to each spell as a healer should be mana cost and the odd passive overuse prevention such as weakened soul ( weakened soul should be changed to only effect the caster ). The fact of the matter is blizzard f-ed up with a retarded mechanic that is of little use in PvE with the current state of how hard targets are getting hit for and how often, maybe it could be used with the 6.1 patch as an assist to raid healing targets who you know you may not need to heal again before the debuff goes away but there are too many situations where I could see it causing a death because you gimped your own healing on that target.

As for the whole PvE - PvP issues I personally can't stand that blizzard are still trying to balance mechanics for both types of gameplay it causes nothing but issues on both sides with redundant abilities forced upon players just to suit the opposite mode, each spec should have a specific tab for PvE / PvP that way they can balance stuff without worrying about X mechanic not working right for the other style of gameplay.

Deleted
    I'd prefer either this:
    -No debuffs.
    -Spell now functions with a charge system with a maximum of 2 or 3.
    -One charge granted every 45 sec to 1 min.
    -Is instant.
    Or this:
    My vote would be to remove Saving Grace and replace it with Void Shift.
    With Void Shift maybe having a lower CD than it used to have in MoP.

What Chiyasa suggested would work, if Blizzard actually listened for a change.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolNitro View Post
    Why does everyone think its okay to have an ability with a downside, the only downside to each spell as a healer should be mana cost and the odd passive overuse prevention such as weakened soul ( weakened soul should be changed to only effect the caster ). The fact of the matter is blizzard f-ed up with a retarded mechanic that is of little use in PvE with the current state of how hard targets are getting hit for and how often, maybe it could be used with the 6.1 patch as an assist to raid healing targets who you know you may not need to heal again before the debuff goes away but there are too many situations where I could see it causing a death because you gimped your own healing on that target.
    Yes, this 100% needs to happen. Then all priests can go disc, and all other healers can go DPS, and everything will be right with the world.

insta flash heal(x4 power)
    lose the ability to cast any heals for 5 seconds
    any heals
    you're contradicting yourself.

i dunno?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    you're contradicting yourself.

i dunno?
    He wants a huge heal followed by five second long downtime. While I consider this a terrible idea, it's not a contradiction.

Void Shift was pretty much that "flash heal x4 power" and it didn't gimp your healing in any way. There was a clear downside in form of putting yourself in danger, but it could be countered by Healthstone/Desperate Prayer. Or it could be used in reverse, to save yourself from death by draining someone else who you knew was safe.

Makes me wonder if they'll bring it back in 6.2 as a "brilliant new idea".

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Makes me wonder if they'll bring it back in 6.2 as a "brilliant new idea".
    IMO drop Saving grace, make Chakra baseline and have disc be even more powerful.

Deleted
    If disc could get holy word:serenity and holy gets grace they would actually be not-shit anymore.

But in a pvp setting they prolly need a retarded 0 brain mechanic like warlocks, anytime you lose control of your character/get interrupted or silenced you get a stack of surge of light.

New info on saving grace for the pvp balance. It now has 2/3 effectiveness in PvP as opposed to the previous 1/2 effectiveness, making it heal for the same as the previous saving grace that had a casttime but incurring a higher penalty. Hard to tell if it's a buff or not to it in PvP.
    Last edited by Rahzra; 2015-02-10 at 05:21 PM.

Deleted
    >-15%

its still really bad.