Question Salvage Crate changes in 6.1

I have a rather large stockpile of L3 crates.

putting aside the inevitable "why not just open now?" comments that i am sure will occur, what will the differences be in waiting to open them untill after the changes?

I read they are going to remove the 615/630/645 follower upgrades, and leave in the 3/6/9 upgrades (or vice-versa?).

Will this effect overall loot drops from the crates, or will they remain what they are now, just minus the upgrade drops?

I am hoping that by removing the drops, it opens up room for more xmog drops (instead of a 615/630/645 upgrade, a green/blue/purple BoE can drop?).

looking for some clarification on this please.

You will get a lot less xmod drops.
    Reason is this:
    Currently if you open a lvl3 bos you have 3 changes to get an item
    1 change for a green
    1 for a blue
    1 for a purple

After the patch you have
    1 change for a green, blue or purple item.

At the moment it is possible that you get a green, a blue AND a purple one from the same box. This will not be possible anymore after the patch.

valuable info. oh well, i can allways amass more crates after the patch

Quote Originally Posted by Maulina View Post
    valuable info. oh well, i can allways amass more crates after the patch
    Im running missions on 11 chars and has thus far gotten 4 boe epics that sold each for 20k +, 2 candles that sold for 50k+.

Just curious, as we move along the raid tiers, does anyone know if we will continue to get the same boe epics? Will go from very lucrative to open my crates to useless i guess.