Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Eat less fatty foods and start exercising.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    This sums it up, it's not rocket science. Don't eat shit and exercise, it's not hard.
    Exactly! I wonder how this thread has 12 pages already. Should have been closed the minute someone said anything like this...

I decided to lose some weight. I stayed away from my bad eating/drink habits. No beer, no junkfood and no snacks etc. All the while staying a bit more active than I was.

It works wonders.

less calories in than what is burned off. you WILL lose weight. intake 1800cal a day but burn off 1801, you will lose weight, even if that was consumed in pure bacon fat. Results will be faster the larger the deficit of calories burned in a day vs calories consumed. there are obviously other factors to make the ordeal faster or slower, but it is impossible to gain weight by eating less than what you burn, unless you magically can survive on photosynthesis. (although you would probably die of a heart attack before you see actual losses)

I've been on the weight loss journey for a year next month and its went really well. What I did was stick to a really low calorie diet (1k calories a day) and went for a 30 minute run (almost) every morning for the first 6 months then after that I swapped out the run for weights and its worked great having lost 45kgs.

Once you get past the first week or two its pretty easy if your persistent and want to change

Eat less calories, spend more.

Stop eating junk food. Eat healthy.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for sharing your views.It is really very helpful.

The most effective way I've found is to buy a personal home treadmill and watch TV while doing it. Also, turn off/hide the timer on the treadmill and just stay running/power walking for as long as you can, ignore the timer or the exercise will feel muuuuuuch longer.

You could also replace some meals with healthy smoothies. These are great as they are healthy and can taste very good and you can also sneak in icky super healthy (but disgusting ) greens like spinach and kale without having to taste them!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coolit View Post
    I've been on the weight loss journey for a year next month and its went really well. What I did was stick to a really low calorie diet (1k calories a day) and went for a 30 minute run (almost) every morning for the first 6 months then after that I swapped out the run for weights and its worked great having lost 45kgs.

Once you get past the first week or two its pretty easy if your persistent and want to change
    Woah, losing 45kgs is pretty impressive, and in less than a year. Keep it up!
    Last edited by Nayami; 2019-02-09 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    The most effective way I've found is to buy a personal home treadmill and watch TV while doing it. Also, turn off/hide the timer on the treadmill and just stay running/power walking for as long as you can, ignore the timer or the exercise will feel muuuuuuch longer.

You could also replace some meals with healthy smoothies. These are great as they are healthy and can taste very good and you can also sneak in icky greens like spinach and kale and without having to taste them!
    Sounds good, doesn't work.
    TV shows are no fun to watch while you're exerting yourself. It's difficult to even concentrate on the story

10+ Year Old Account
    Try keto.

I've tried lots of different diets while "cutting" to see what works for me in terms of reducing bodyfat while keeping muscle.

I've found a low calorie works (High protein), but eventually my body just is just having none of it unless i go to calorie levels which wouldn't be practical eg 1500- and i constantly feel like i'm craving something.

With a ketogenic diet i have lost the most fat while maintaining the most muscle. High fat, moderate protein and low carb, barely even have to consider calories as i'm usually way too full to eat anymore and i don't feel like i'm starving compared to a normal low calorie diet.

- I think the most important factor is your determination and persistence.
    - Have specific plans and targets. Reward yourself with things you like if you achive certain goal. For example, treat yourself with sweet delicious cakes you like or dive into your favorite games (mine is mantigames') just (remember - just) on weekend.
    - Wake up early to jogging, prepare healthy breakfast.
    - Don't eat too much on lunch and dinner.
    - Limit your carb intake
    - Ask someone to follow the plan with you. Then you guys can encourage each other. Not the other way around, I hope

Calories in - out. Thats the best way to lose weight.

Find out how many calories you burn a day by just being alive, add activities to that and then eat less calories than that. Simple and works no matter what.

No magic to it.

Eat less, eat better. Avoid junk food.

Work out, if starting out and worried about gyms, long walks or a run around the park\block is a good way to get things going.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2019-02-25 at 04:59 PM.

Offtopic but what is best way to gain weight? No matter how much i eat i can't gain weight...
    There is a saying: "don't fix what isn't broken". Blizzard does NOT follow this saying. To them its "if it isn't broken fix it until it is"

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Effective and simple: do not eat after 19-00, walk and play sports, more vegetables, drink a lot during the day, fewer portions. If you are not sick, the result will be and you need to maintain it for a long time.

Fitness, 2-4 times a week depends on your current body status

Eat less calories, spend more = #1 golden rule, but sport is also important too, we should not only lose weight, but and improve our bodies

put out more than you put in.

portion control, and just be active. exercise is great, but i can't stand that shit.

just get up and move around more
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Is this some kind of twilight zone shenanigans where someone was trying to create the loudest most pretentious Nutrition PHD echo chamber in the history of the internet? Because that's certainly what it's looking like. I'm not knocking this, it's kinda neat.

Although you're all wrong on how to lose weight. One of my guildies said it best,

"Put down the fucking fork"

Concise and powerful

15+ Year Old Account
    Consume less carbs than you burn during any given time period.

Whether you do that by simply eating less, burning more (via exercise) or a mixture of both is entirely up to you.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED