Question Is Dota 2 Immortal treasure III a bug or a scam?

Every year, the Battle Pass for Dota 2 features a total of three Immortal Treasures, all including exclusive Immortal items for the game. Now, the developers release these three treasures over the course of the Battle Pass.
    However, this time due to the Collector’s Cache 2, the Immortal Treasure III was delayed. But now that it is here, it seems the community is not happy, according to numerous reports on Reddit, the majority of the Dota 2 community is complaining about the buggy drop rates for the Ultra Rare item.
    So it could be a Scam!
    Last edited by Tziva; 2018-08-29 at 05:42 PM. Reason: link snipped

Since we don't know the exact drop rate and how much the Escalating Odds change the drop rate of the ultra rare item, I guess calling it a scam is too much. But then again Valve has become a corporate machine so... it could be anything. The Prize pool is still lower than last year though.

The Immortal Treasure III came so late that most people lost all hope(most thought it wont even be released). And then suddenly valve decided to release a The Immortals Treasure that seems buggy as hell! This happened last year and I feel its the same this year. I mean I am lvl 2210, opened about 43 of 'em and not a single ultra rare so far. I am so pissed right now! I am not investing a single penny in DOTO from now on!

I have some update regarding the issue:

The developers at Valve just released a brand new update for the game titled the Immortal Update Fix which focuses on the issue with Immortal Treasure III. It seems Valve actually found an issue with the treasure’s Escalating Odds mechanics which prevented high-level users from attaining Very Rare and Ultra-Rare drops. This happened last year as well, though I am glad Valve responded to this in a timely manner! Here is the official announcement : https://store.steampowered.com/news/42617/