10+ Year Old Account

A disk read error occurred?

So Occasionally when I turn on my pc, I get the message "a disk read error occurred press ctrl + alt+ del to restart" and doing as instructed starts and endless loop of frustration. The only way I seem to be able to fix this is by taking off the side of the case and fiddling with the cables to my ssd OR if I give the pc a sharp bump it works. This has started to happen more and more often, at first it was once or twice a week but now it is happening daily, in addition to this, it has started having strange crashes, by strange I mean my skype closes and funnily enough it has a disk i/o error and that is shortly followed by a freeze and a blue screen. I am assuming that this is a loose cable but I have checked the cables and they all look fine. The ssd is less than a year old and the software that came with is says the health status is good. In case it helps the ssd I am using is a Samsung ssd 840 EVO 250 GB.

Anyone got any idea how I can fix this?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://crystalmark.info/software/Cry...o/index-e.html

Scan and see if there are yellow / red ones for all drives.

You can also use a bootable ubuntu thumbdrive to check your hard drive for errors and bad sectors.

Since this error in computer becomes more and more frequent, there are many third party tools available for this typical problem.
    Check for bad sector you can download free hiren burn in DVD/cd or USB make it bootable
    once you have hiren bootable please perform HDD regeneration
    or you can folow this steps here for other way around
    Solution 3. Check Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
    <snip url>

Infracted for thread necro - Cilraaz
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2018-03-14 at 11:07 PM.