Multistrike's Tooltip Makes Me Think It Caps @ 100%, but it can go higher?

So I just got the multistrike trinket from Blackhand and was messing around with it. It seems like the same for multistrike is at 123.56%? This was with everything (base, gear, icy veins, trinket) plus 1 stack of weapon enchant. I did get a second stack but it never went above this percentage.

It'd be bonkers if every subsequent 100% added an extra "strike". Like, your 123.56% would definitely multistrike and would leave 23.56% chance to do another.

That's how it used to work in beta. I believe the percentage was the chance for the first extra strike and then everything over 100% would "spillover" for a second extra strike, so the cap would be 200%. They changed it to be the same percentage for both extra strikes, which means the cap should be 100%.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've had reports of higher, around 140%, I'd say it's just a matter of bad luck on your part in not seeing it. Functionally worthless, but neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sidelsky18 View Post
    That's how it used to work in beta. I believe the percentage was the chance for the first extra strike and then everything over 100% would "spillover" for a second extra strike, so the cap would be 200%. They changed it to be the same percentage for both extra strikes, which means the cap should be 100%.
    Or past 100% just starts rolling for another 2

10+ Year Old Account
    @sidelsky18

what addon are you using to show the ilvl of your gear in the character screen on each piece of equipped gear without having to mouse over the slot?

This is what im afraid is going to happen later on.. Especially as a Elemental Shaman, Multistrike will be worthless.

At first 100% meant you always got one extra then would roll for a 2nd. Now you roll for 2 at any % and over 100 you get nothing extra. So before the end of the first tier of raiding a stat is capped and giving huge dr. I have seen sim numbers as of a few weeks ago suggesting that you wanted to keep IV glyphed and still gem/enchant for MS over 100 since the procs aren't always up and constant MS outweighs the times you are over. With MI being nerfed by 15% I am sure some of that will change. The first change I would think would be switching your wpn enchant so you dont proc over into dr areas and keep all the static MS.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

MS is split into 2 rolls. so if you have 20% MS you have 10% chance to get a MS on each roll. so it is possible(although unlikely) to get 2 extra hits when you have very low MS%. but as you get higher MS this chance increases. the cap is at 200% because blizz figured out that we would hit 100% early into WoD with the right gear/procs.

going over 100% is perfectly fine, only start to worry when you get close to 200%
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    MS is split into 2 rolls. so if you have 20% MS you have 10% chance to get a MS on each roll. so it is possible(although unlikely) to get 2 extra hits when you have very low MS%. but as you get higher MS this chance increases. the cap is at 200% because blizz figured out that we would hit 100% early into WoD with the right gear/procs.

going over 100% is perfectly fine, only start to worry when you get close to 200%
    Please stop spouting stuff that hasn't been true since beta.

You get 2 MS rolls and EACH gets your FULL MS chance. So MS over 100% is wasted. CAN you go over 100%? Yes -- does it help? NO
    (Aiming for 100% MS passively without procs/IV is most likely still worth it though) - but after 100% passively...no, go for other stats

God there's one of these threads like every month.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2015-02-24 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boramir View Post
    @sidelsky18

what addon are you using to show the ilvl of your gear in the character screen on each piece of equipped gear without having to mouse over the slot?
    Elvui can do this but I don't think it does it stock I think there is a module you need to get with it.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    At first 100% meant you always got one extra then would roll for a 2nd. Now you roll for 2 at any % and over 100 you get nothing extra. So before the end of the first tier of raiding a stat is capped and giving huge dr. I have seen sim numbers as of a few weeks ago suggesting that you wanted to keep IV glyphed and still gem/enchant for MS over 100 since the procs aren't always up and constant MS outweighs the times you are over. With MI being nerfed by 15% I am sure some of that will change. The first change I would think would be switching your wpn enchant so you dont proc over into dr areas and keep all the static MS.
    the actually amusing thing is - multistrike is basically the old elemental shaman mastery, which ele shamans hated and complained about because it capped at 100%, pretty much the only spec mastery to do so. they fixed that with the new ele shaman mastery in wod, but rolled out the old mastery as a new stat to every single other class, and kept the 100% cap while making it incredibly easy for certain specs to go well over the cap in the very first tier of raiding.

incredibly dumb but anyway one thing i'm curious about is whether we are supposed to delay the initial icy veins use if we have the blackhand trinket - since those two combined will lead to useless levels of multistrike on the pull

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Elvui can do this but I don't think it does it stock I think there is a module you need to get with it.
    Thanks, I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boramir View Post
    @sidelsky18

I use an addon called Pawn.