Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    What annoys me about my goblin, is just the fact the ears stick out of my helms. Wearing tier 5 and the ears poke out and it's like... what. Even on my tier 17 helm they stick out. Don't really get it, but it's annoying.

Also some weapons just clip through my legs and into the ground, such as the bladefist. Transmogged them into knuckle dusters in the end because they annoyed me by clipping so much!

Just the little changes would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man those Worgen pics two pages back... dear gods above. I knew the model had issues, but damn.

On the bright side, imagining what they could do when updating those models makes me wish they'd do an artcraft right this instant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Funny thing is, when using the Camera with the teeth moving the Goblin model also falls completely apart. That's nightmare fuel right there.

Deleted
    I never see any Goblins anymore, especially not at max level. (Rarely some new play who is leveling one below 60).
    Worgen is kinda the same story in my experience.

I rather have them invest time and resources into (re-) designing more importent things.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    For a moment I was worried this would explode into the Female Worgen Thread #10. Not that I'd mind, I agree completely. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I never see any Goblins anymore, especially not at max level. (Rarely some new play who is leveling one below 60).
    Worgen is kinda the same story in my experience.

I rather have them invest time and resources into (re-) designing more importent things.
    Like what? Goblins and Worgen are player character models, and as such updating them is just as important as updating the other player character models was. One thing that Blizzard has ostensibly tried to adhere to is a sense of visual cohesiveness, especially when player models are concerned. As it stands now, Worgen and Goblins look like they are from a different game when compared to the updated races. They need a model update very badly, and whoever let that femWorgen model ship with the Cata release should be ashamed of themselves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    You're a little mistaken if you think that each model wears a cape on the same way.
    See how draenei wear capes (compare new player's model and the old). I want to say that the model defines the position of the way of wearing the cloak and each has its own way - unique (in new models as well - ways are different).
    No, actually, you're mistaken. The only ones who cannot use the new cape rig are worgen and goblin. Here we see a tauren, a pandaren, a goblin, a worgen, and a draenei (your example). The Cata models are the only ones who cannot use the new cloak shape with the irregular border. Instead, a purple border is drawn in to square off the edge:

For reference, this is the Fireproof Greatcloak. You can try it on any model and see for yourself. All of the new WOD and MOP character models show it the same with the irregular border. Only the pre-MOP models (including worgen and goblin, and any Classic model) show the squared off purple border.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Funny thing is, when using the Camera with the teeth moving the Goblin model also falls completely apart. That's nightmare fuel right there.
    Really? My gobs of both genders look fine. Not as expressive as the WOD models, but still pretty good.

Sig by Isilrien

Deleted
    They need refiment on faces and texture. Little tweaks on Worgen skeleton would be also be welcome.
    But yes,overall they need to patch the two up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want them to make a better running animation for the male worgen. They always look like they're just trudging uphill or something as they move and it doesn't look like right imo.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    No, actually, you're mistaken. The only ones who cannot use the new cape rig are worgen and goblin. Here we see a tauren, a pandaren, a goblin, a worgen, and a draenei (your example). The Cata models are the only ones who cannot use the new cloak shape with the irregular border. Instead, a purple border is drawn in to square off the edge:

Again, you have shown me only new models, and the goblins and worgen are considered older models.
    This is something that concerns textures.

ps. I understand that the quality of the texture coat varies, but the worgen and goblins are considered older models due to lack of opportunities in the game to see differentiated models (ie, for example, each will choose how his character will look like for other players), that why they use the old textures. Blizzard has not yet want to change the mechanics.
    An what you have quoted (my), referred to as a cloak sitting on the backs of the model (in which form hangs).

What Im saying is that the textures of the new cloak shapes cant be used by ANY of the old models and their rigging system.

Basically its not really an art choice to have the borders on the cloaks like this, its a limitation that Blizzard has no intention of fixing for the old models and their rigs. Until the cata races get an update to their models, theyre stuck with the basic vanilla cloak shapes.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just hope they don't make the same mistake of rushing them like they did with the current models. they should aim to make the females appear more "savage" instead of a "barbie/ chihuahua" hybrid that we have now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Again, you have shown me only new models, and the goblins and worgen are considered older models.
    This is something that concerns textures.
    Um... yes... that's the point I'm making. ONLY those new models can use the new cloak mesh. The older ones use a basic rectangular mesh with a solid color "border" on the texture filling in the irregular spots of the mesh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ralo View Post
    Basically its not really an art choice to have the borders on the cloaks like this, its a limitation that Blizzard has no intention of fixing for the old models and their rigs. Until the cata races get an update to their models, theyre stuck with the basic vanilla cloak shapes.
    What this guy said. I mean obviously they can use some of the new cloak shapes implemented in Cata, but that's it.

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account

Nah, it's all good. My worgen is glorious.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    The problem was that someone (outspoken players, or Blizzard themselves) found that both Worgen alpha models were not ferocious enough.

Male Worgen used to look like this:

And females like this:

They had a beautiful, huge amount of different eye colors and hair styles ...

Both the male Worgen and the female Worgen were then given completely new models, which looked a lot more ferocious / angry than the alpha versions. Both have massive amounts of teeth showing now, and look permanently pissed off.

The male model was done earlier though, and while far too ferocious looking now for me to like, at least he looks internally consistent. He's a mad, scary dude. Alright.

The female model came in very late though, and not only does she have a myriad of bugs, but also her design seems inconsistent and downright comical to many people. She snarls permanently, but then also happens to have these doe eyes and make up and stuff. It just looks ... strange.

I'm hoping that an update for the Worgen will have more calm and collected facial options. And that there will be some faces and hairstyles that look similar to the old female Worgen and it would be great to have those different eye colors back ... they looked great. I'd like more eye color choices for all races, really.
    I like the spiky pig tail hair do from the video, these models are better than the current imo. Goblin and Worgen really should get an update. The models are now looking very dated. Goblin hands really stick out as pointed and angular and low polygon. The selfie cam pics and videos I have been seeing really show how dated the models are as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FissionZero View Post
    Without a doubt - Moonkin model desperately needs an update indeed. Moonkin update > all
    I agree and I think bear and feral could even use a little more updating. The new creatures of WoD outshine bear and feral forms.

Deleted
    Not really, the graphics aren't such a gaping maw that it should be prioritized over playable content, visuals are a backburner thing and don't take precedence over gameplay and content.
    Whilst MoP did obviously present a great leap forward in terms of graphics for WoW, Worgen and Goblin are recent enough that they don't look too out of place, the focus should, as always, be on things to do, not things you see the backs of.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vharellius View Post
    Not really, the graphics aren't such a gaping maw that it should be prioritized over playable content, visuals are a backburner thing and don't take precedence over gameplay and content.
    Whilst MoP did obviously present a great leap forward in terms of graphics for WoW, Worgen and Goblin are recent enough that they don't look too out of place, the focus should, as always, be on things to do, not things you see the backs of.

You want to see a gaping maw? Take a selfie with your female worgen...that is, If you even play onّe, how can someone look at this and sat "worgen are fine" with a straight face is beyond me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    You want to see a gaping maw? Take a selfie with your female worgen...that is, If you even play onّe, how can someone look at this and sat "worgen are fine" with a straight face is beyond me.
    Can you play the game with no legitimate imbalance with a Worgen/Goblin?
    Then the issue isn't that large, because what's much more important than aesthetically pleasing models is value for money and fun, that comes from content.
    I couldn't care less about what's pretty or graphics, I would LIKE Worgen/Goblin to be brought up to par, but it's certainly not a matter of importance, it should be treated as a backburner issue to work on, the gameplay and the playable content should take precedence.

Edit: Also, I will point out I NEVER said it wasn't a gaping maw, it is, I said it wasn't SUCH a gaping maw it should be prioritized over playable content.
    And, as you can tell, I much prefer having that than cosmetics, so for it to be a wide enough graphical gap that I concede that it should be prioritized over content it'd basically have to be two polygons rubbing up together.
    Last edited by mmoc056aec3668; 2015-03-20 at 01:13 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vharellius View Post
    Can you play the game with no legitimate imbalance with a Worgen/Goblin?
    Then the issue isn't that large, because what's much more important than aesthetically pleasing models is value for money and fun, that comes from content.
    I couldn't care less about what's pretty or graphics, I would LIKE Worgen/Goblin to be brought up to par, but it's certainly not a matter of importance, it should be treated as a backburner issue to work on, the gameplay and the playable content should take precedence.

Edit: Also, I will point out I NEVER said it wasn't a gaping maw, it is, I said it wasn't SUCH a gaping maw it should be prioritized over playable content.
    And, as you can tell, I much prefer having that than cosmetics, so for it to be a wide enough graphical gap that I concede that it should be prioritized over content it'd basically have to be two polygons rubbing up together.
    Many people consider aethistics to be an important part of their game experience. You might be ok with your character even looking like a cube, many arent. And with pstch 6.1 shoving the selfie as patch content down our throats i find it ridiculous that my main + my warrior alt cant even use the said content because the expressions just break my models face entirely.

As a Worgen player who plays only Worgen, an update to the race is very important to me.

Boom.