Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    Luckily, as a Spriest with AS talent, actually multi-dotting adds on fights like beastlord and blast furnace significantly increases your ST DPS as well. You can get great logs on beastlord without ever casting mind sear if the spears aren't killed too quickly (which they shouldn't be) and you have cascade which takes a big dump on Halo for this fight.

Best of both worlds, good damage on the boss and any adds without sacrificing anything really.

As far as ST goes, I think it depends primarily on what gear you have and how many orbs you start the fight with. For me personally, starting with 4-5 orbs, I found my DPS to be higher than CoP with AS if heroism was used at the start (gruul for example) but I've never had a clean gruul kill tbh. Either people die and it gets messy or I get riddled with petrifies and cave ins over and over.

Still think CoP is much better than AS though for Oregorger and Blackhand. On Oregorger, more capacity to kill the crates quickly, good damage on the move during rolly phase where AS struggles. For Blackhand, heroism used at 30%, buffs our CoP execute immensely, high damage-mobility during the final phase and gives you more capability to burst siegemakers when armor is off.
    This is why I use Mindbender on Beastlord, with AS, instead of Insanity. There is no point in doing poor AoE on pack adds to pad meters when using those globals to maintain dots and putting MB on boss will give better results.

However, Blackhand. I would agree to using CoP to a certain point. Right now the 25th highest world dps for all classes on Blackhand HC is a Shadow Priest using AS. Suffice to say it's the number one Spriest by far on that fight. AS is still very viable on those kinds of fights, if you have enough crit.

i say if youre progressing on beastlord, then take mindbender or insanity and focus on the boss but if its farm, might as well aoe like crazy(on heroic i was only beat by warlock, and mythic i was only beat by lock and boomkin.) on oregorger i find AS to be better. if you use the mythic strat, theres little movement since you control where he rolls. this week on heroic farm i was only beat by a boomkin by less than 1k. and this is with 90% of our dps ranking in the high 90-99th percentile.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alt-DPS spec SPriest here: how much Crit is enough to make AS viable (both for AoE and ST) in BRF?

I don't really like dot weaving because I don't really get a lot of chances to truly understand/master the rotation (I only play shadow on nights we have too many healers and none of the other healers are willing to swap).
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Deleted
    It is more about the encounter than your gear really. I did mythic Beastlord with 12% crit and AS (didnt swap from my mastery set) and still did 59k dps.

Deleted
    Mindbender is pretty good on a few fights this tier. It depends on how much you have to manage and if you need on-demand burst. Fights like Beastlord progression, blast furnace and maidens all work for Mindbender. Some might even make a case for Hans and Franz.