Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarespawn2012 View Post
    Quit complaining about Demo when Destro is just a clunky mess right now. Neither of the level 90 or 100 talents lend much to us. charred remains is assinine, halving my damage to increase embers to use on bursts doesn't generate sustained dps. Cataclysm should be baseline or maybe make it replace rain of fire and giving me a perma guardian feels like that should be the level 90 talent, not the level 100. Just my two cents though.
    "X has problems, and I feel like they're bigger so stop talking about Y"
    You realize how silly that sounds, right?

And either way, in no way could anyone who played the two specs in WoD for any length of time say that destruction is clunkier than demonology. Aside from the rain of fire fiasco (lol) I would say destruction is overall decently well-off. The new talents do not fit with the spec at all, mind you, but that's just an issue with the warlock class as a whole. I don't feel like rotationally - especially single-target and cleave - destruction warlocks are any worse than they were in MoP.

I would personally like to see Cataclysm (well, the whole damn 100 row to be honest) replaced with something more well-rounded and simply given to destruction as an AoE tool, though. When you play as, for example, affliction it doesn't feel right at all. It just looks and behaves like a spell that should be in destruction's toolkit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quit complaining about Demo when Destro is just a clunky mess right now. Neither of the level 90 or 100 talents lend much to us. charred remains is assinine, halving my damage to increase embers to use on bursts doesn't generate sustained dps. Cataclysm should be baseline or maybe make it replace rain of fire and giving me a perma guardian feels like that should be the level 90 talent, not the level 100. Just my two cents though.
    All 3 specs are messes right now, but this topic is focused on demonology.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    I would personally like to see Cataclysm (well, the whole damn 100 row to be honest) replaced with something more well-rounded and simply given to destruction as an AoE tool, though. When you play as, for example, affliction it doesn't feel right at all. It just looks and behaves like a spell that should be in destruction's toolkit.
    Destruction doesn't need it, and frankly it doesn't fit in Destruction's toolkit either, and its AoE is already pretty well defined as Fire and Brimstone has become almost a signature of the spec. And I agree there's zero compatability or sense either mechanically or from a flavour perspective in using it with Affliction. Right now, Cataclysm just has much better synergy with Demonology, and Demo really does need it given how terrible Hellfire and Immolation now are (albeit because of having been nerfed down to fit Cataclysm in); so Demo's AoE toolkit just is Cataclysm and Hand of Gul'dan/Chaos Wave at this point. So yeah, it should be scrapped as a talent and just given to Demo baseline.

I think as ranged casters go though, Shadow is probably the best designed; pretty much has all bases covered, talents offer some nice changes in playstyle and new niches, but aren't overly dramatic to a point you'd feel like you were playing something else entirely or sacrificing over much by picking them.

Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    I think demonbolts design is more than flawed. I'd be ok at this point if they just made it replace SF in meta and do increased damage (without the debuff).
    I've been saying that since Beta, lol. I like the animation, but at this point it's beyond usable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I think as ranged casters go though, Shadow is probably the best designed; pretty much has all bases covered, talents offer some nice changes in playstyle and new niches, but aren't overly dramatic to a point you'd feel like you were playing something else entirely or sacrificing over much by picking them.
    Honestly, I think it might be Ele shaman now. They've got solid single target numbers, and their aoe/cleave potential is insane. Plus, they have 3 rows of talents that will change up the playstyle, and are suited for different kinds of encounters. It's in a very solid place right now.

Deleted
    sitting in caster form waiting for procs, such great gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Destruction doesn't need it, and frankly it doesn't fit in Destruction's toolkit either, and its AoE is already pretty well defined as Fire and Brimstone has become almost a signature of the spec. And I agree there's zero compatability or sense either mechanically or from a flavour perspective in using it with Affliction. Right now, Cataclysm just has much better synergy with Demonology, and Demo really does need it given how terrible Hellfire and Immolation now are (albeit because of having been nerfed down to fit Cataclysm in); so Demo's AoE toolkit just is Cataclysm and Hand of Gul'dan/Chaos Wave at this point. So yeah, it should be scrapped as a talent and just given to Demo baseline.
    I was talking purely in a thematic sense. Large burst damage, fire, all that jazz. If Rain of Fire was rebuffed and destruction got buffs to its single target damage, Cataclysm would be borderline pointless.

I did however think that - in order to give destruction back some burst and make the current seriously lacking AoE rotation a little more interesting - they could give a Destruction-exlusive Cataclysm the Rain of Fire treatment and have it fire-and-forget, triggering after a set period of time similar to a ground-targeted version of MoP Frost Bomb with potentially an ember generation effect based on the amount of targets struck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thematically, the first time we see Cataclysm used, it's by Kanrethad who is a Demonologist

Demonology is my least favorite spec. Swapping between two stances/forms is not entertaining. It's like a mixture of old warrior stance dancing and current moonkin spell shifting. It's lame. Destro is my favorite; Affliction is my second spec but I never use it.

Deleted
    Quit complaining about Destro in a Demo thread.

Wow this thread went off the handles in a hurry. Why is anyone talking about afflic or destro? Unless you are claiming those are better designed specs.

I saw some mention of mages which I refuted a few pages back. Also saw some mention of spriests and elemental shammys.

Spriests - Do shit damage till execute. They do not fare well with early progression (P1 & P2 Blackhand).

Elemental shammys - Seem pretty balanced and doing well across the board. Honestly I don't know enough about shammys to comment on their talent choices.