Page 1 of 37
... LastLast

Lack of raiders -> Lack of progress -> Lack of raiders -> Lack of progress

So my guild just disbanded due to this horrendous cycle. Despite being around 15-16 really good players we never got enough people for Mythic, therefore we are not getting new recruits, therefore we are not getting into mythic and on it goes...

Anyone has the same problem? Figured maybe somenone is experiencing the same problem but stilm has alot of people that wants to continue raiding. The thing with my guild is that we raid 2 days a week (potentially 3) and must end raids at 22ish. I cant find any similar guild and all of us are stuck in limbo now. (We are good players, pretty much all rank high (top 10) on WoL often.

Mythic sucks and blizzard still cant fucking createnon buggy fights holy shit wtb 10man

its blizz fault with disabling xrealm mythic. create 20man only myth and prevent cross realm = recipe for that horryfying shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    its blizz fault with disabling xrealm mythic. create 20man only myth and prevent cross realm = recipe for that horryfying shit.
    A lot of people - especially on this forums - wanted back the whole Vanilla/TBC raid flavour - with one set raid size. Mythic in its current form is as close to that as it will get.

ah, forgot to mention: you can pay for a transfer to one of the few large realms. blizz wants your compensation money for that shit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    A lot of people - especially on this forums - wanted back the whole Vanilla/TBC raid flavour - with one set raid size. Mythic in its current form is as close to that as it will get.
    i dont think many want back there cause of THIS. noone wants elitist raiding, nor wants no raiders or 40man raids. what most of them (all i know, including myself) want, is the competition and the game quality of tbc, and also the content and the diversity. there is a big difference between that, and whats going on here.

If you are that good it shouldn't be too hard to recruid players for HC raiding. 15-16 is plenty for that and you should quickly find a few normal raiders who want to step up their game. Sure, getting them geared takes a while and they might need some nurturing but that's what you have to do as a guild, top raiders won't simply appear on your doorstep.

Get a few normal raiders that are promising, help them find their way through HC and then tackle mythic together. Or merge with some other guild that has the same problem, instantly creating a pool of 30 strong raiders. But raid spot distribution will likely be an issue in that case.

My guild disbanded after clearing heroic BRF, which was rather soon after it's release. We don't have the people for mythic. We tried it with High Maul, in the end we ended up clearing 6/7 mythic high maul with pugs, most people didn't like it.

It sucks for your guild but it might be a good thing for others. This frees up people to recruit for other guilds. It's just time for people to realize that their guilds aren't sacred. If there are more guilds looking for players than there are players looking for guild, it doesn't work out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cross realm mythic would be a joke, could just pay four of the top raiders in some guild to carry your healing/somewhat dps through bosses and still count for realm first :P
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaVolti View Post
    If you are that good it shouldn't be too hard to recruid players for HC raiding. 15-16 is plenty for that and you should quickly find a few normal raiders who want to step up their game. Sure, getting them geared takes a while and they might need some nurturing but that's what you have to do as a guild, top raiders won't simply appear on your doorstep.

Get a few normal raiders that are promising, help them find their way through HC and then tackle mythic together. Or merge with some other guild that has the same problem, instantly creating a pool of 30 strong raiders. But raid spot distribution will likely be an issue in that case.
    Well our progress has never looked particularly good since we've always has had this issue. When we could raid its like "player X is home in 2 hours so break until then?"

So we are very unknown. And the fact thar i havent found a single guild thats atleast killed BH on hc that raids until 22ish probably shoves that people arent fans of our raid times (19-22 wed and 17-22 sun, not that we have had it according to schedule).

If a good player showed up that lacked gear it would be np to recruit them and infact it has happend but then they never show up for anything but farm. Its skilled players that wants to put in that little raiding time thats hard to find.

20 man only mythic is killing a lot of guilds. We ran 25's in MoP for awhile and had to drop to 10 man due to losing a lot of players because of raid conflicting with college and other real life stuff. So we're also usually in that 15-18 players range.

While we've retained many of those players as fillers, we rarely have enough ppl on for a full 20. Pugging more often than not results in someone who was just looking for a carry. Recruiting has found us several good players, but it seems every time we get down to that last spot to fill we lose someone to patience. It's incredibly frustrating on my server especially as it was almost exclusively 10 man. Our guild retained our #3 spot in 25 man for months after we'd switched to 10 man for that reason. Now every guild on the server is short people and sniping raiders left and right because we ALL had to try to double our rosters.

I dunno, I feel like 15 would've been an easier # for people to maintain. The difference in the amount of 10 man to 25 man guilds seems to have been a bit too much. And while the playerbase supposedly went up with WoD, the # of raiders feels like it went down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hots View Post
    Well our progress has never looked particularly good since we've always has had this issue. When we could raid its like "player X is home in 2 hours so break until then?"

So we are very unknown. And the fact thar i havent found a single guild thats atleast killed BH on hc that raids until 22ish probably shoves that people arent fans of our raid times (19-22 wed and 17-22 sun, not that we have had it according to schedule).

If a good player showed up that lacked gear it would be np to recruit them and infact it has happend but then they never show up for anything but farm. Its skilled players that wants to put in that little raiding time thats hard to find.
    That's another issue we've had. A lot of recruits only wanna come in for the farm content and then are no show for progression. I've lost count of how many people got through their trial, then suddenly then stopped showing up on progression night. Booting them is obvious, but it doesn't solve the fact that now you're right back to having to fill the spot all over again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hots View Post
    So my guild just disbanded due to this horrendous cycle. Despite being around 15-16 really good players we never got enough people for Mythic, therefore we are not getting new recruits, therefore we are not getting into mythic and on it goes...

Anyone has the same problem? Figured maybe somenone is experiencing the same problem but stilm has alot of people that wants to continue raiding. The thing with my guild is that we raid 2 days a week (potentially 3) and must end raids at 22ish. I cant find any similar guild and all of us are stuck in limbo now. (We are good players, pretty much all rank high (top 10) on WoL often.
    Ranking high on WoL doesn't mean you're a good player. Even ranking on warcraftlogs doesn't, but it can be a hint that you know how to dps. WoL though, since noone uses that old PoS these days is incredibly easy, even for mediocre players, to rank high on. I had a #3 rank on WoL that wouldn't even be top 10% on warcraftlogs in Highmaul f.ex.

We had issues getting 20 people for Mythic was good enough, so we usually ended up being around 15-17 people and then had to bring people that simply wasn't up to par. This caused massive issues since things are generally very tight on Mythic.

In the end the group started falling apart and now we have turned down our expectations and general raiding, so we're just slowly progression through heroic BRF, while gearing new people in normal BRF. Going from something that is somewhat hardcore to pure casual because you can't find enough people is disheartening.

Raiding is more fun now in a way, because it's MUCH more relaxed, but progression is much slower, which I fear might kill the enthusiasm for the better people in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    20 man only mythic is killing a lot of guilds. We ran 25's in MoP for awhile and had to drop to 10 man due to losing a lot of players because of raid conflicting with college and other real life stuff. So we're also usually in that 15-18 players range.

While we've retained many of those players as fillers, we rarely have enough ppl on for a full 20. Pugging more often than not results in someone who was just looking for a carry. Recruiting has found us several good players, but it seems every time we get down to that last spot to fill we lose someone to patience. It's incredibly frustrating on my server especially as it was almost exclusively 10 man. Our guild retained our #3 spot in 25 man for months after we'd switched to 10 man for that reason. Now every guild on the server is short people and sniping raiders left and right because we ALL had to try to double our rosters.

I dunno, I feel like 15 would've been an easier # for people to maintain. The difference in the amount of 10 man to 25 man guilds seems to have been a bit too much. And while the playerbase supposedly went up with WoD, the # of raiders feels like it went down.

- - - Updated - - -

That's another issue we've had. A lot of recruits only wanna come in for the farm content and then are no show for progression. I've lost count of how many people got through their trial, then suddenly then stopped showing up on progression night. Booting them is obvious, but it doesn't solve the fact that now you're right back to having to fill the spot all over again.
    EXACTLY people leave and join and you never get to the point of proper progress runs :/

i dont think many want back there cause of THIS. noone wants elitist raiding, nor wants no raiders or 40man raids. what most of them (all i know, including myself) want, is the competition and the game quality of tbc, and also the content and the diversity. there is a big difference between that, and whats going on here.
    well now u have quality - only so what if most guilds wont stay alive long enough to see that quality - if people think they have it bad now just wait for summer attendance boss in this pace mythic will be dead bythe end of expansion and it will be a very good thing for game.

We have the opposite problem of getting really good apps but having to decline because our roster is sitting at a ridiculous 27 people due to some old players returning. I guess it depends on the server and progress on that server, generally when guilds start to struggle one guild dying means the rest suddenly have a lot of recruits to choose from :P

Merge is your best option but the tricky raid times may make that very hard :/

Also don't use WoL, it's outdated as hell, use Warcraftlogs :P

10+ Year Old Account
    If your having issues getting 20 people for a raid, than you would more trouble getting people for 25 man. 10man is there for if you want to do Normal or Heroic. But Mythic is 20 man & it will stay 20 man.

Guilds don't fall apart cause of the group size, they fall apart cause the group is shit or they get burnt out. Those people who leave are you sure they didn't leave cause they don't believe the group can progress in Mythic. People want to be carried they don't want to put in effort anymore cause they know Blizzard will just nerf everything for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    We have the opposite problem of getting really good apps but having to decline because our roster is sitting at a ridiculous 27 people due to some old players returning. I guess it depends on the server and progress on that server, generally when guilds start to struggle one guild dying means the rest suddenly have a lot of recruits to choose from :P

Merge is your best option but the tricky raid times may make that very hard :/

Also don't use WoL, it's outdated as hell, use Warcraftlogs :P
    You should totally, pass along their apps to good guilds you know that may need more players.

Deleted
    You're just not trying hard enough to recruit then, try to see possibilities instead of obstacles.

ah, forgot to mention: you can pay for a transfer to one of the few large realms. blizz wants your compensation money for that shit

- - - Updated - - -

You're not speaking for anyone but yourself, yet you're making a deal out of it to look like you speak for everyone.
    Last edited by mmocf94708a214; 2015-03-04 at 12:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    They have a better shot raiding now with 3 difficulties than with only 1.

Mythic is the closet we will get to a balanced raid without 10 / 25 man conflict.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

You are talking for other people again, just like in every other tread.
    But everyone in my guild wanted one raid size and were very happy with the 20 man mythic, so I guess thats 2 samples.. 50%/50%!