Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I think there's some hint that Butcher's gonna be an assassin somewhere, that's already a pretty big difference
    I did see that, but I'm still curious HOW since the kit seems so similar based on what Stitches is now and how the Butcher is in D3; ie, a hook that pulls in enemies, a frontal cone aoe for damage. So far, I like what they've done with pretty much every hero that I've played up to this point, so I have confidence.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    It kinda depends on team comp but if I see a Muradin offensively jumping in that's my cue to nuke the shit out of him since he has no more escapes. Also, with Tychus as long as he has to save his grenade he can't use Odin himself so it'll be a bit of a stalemate. Also, his grenade range isn't that big unless you sacrifice First Aid for the extra range. With Nazeebo you should pick a tank like Diablo or ETC that can zone for him and prevent people from interrupting his shit.

I think in this case though they want a Troll Axe Thrower and there's really no well known figure who could fit that role outside of Zul'jin.

Not really scrapped, more like indefinitely postponed. They even postponed Kael'thas while he was shown along with Sylvanas before they showed off Thrall, Jaina and TLV.
    Have fun nuking a Muradin through Avatar + Stoneform, or when he just Haymakers everyone away and saunters out.

If I'm Tychus vs a Zeebo I take drill instead of Odin, and Quarterback 100% of the time. Great talent, and a staple of Nade Tychus anyway. It's the most effective direct counter to the most dangerous ult in the game, and once you shut down RS at endgame Zeebo's pretty weak.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    That would suck if they used the old WC2 Zul'jin.
    Why? He's the one I played, IMO the iconic one.

Just like how they used Doomhammer armour/Warchief Thrall and pre-white hair Jaina.

I did see that, but I'm still curious HOW since the kit seems so similar based on what Stitches is now and how the Butcher is in D3; ie, a hook that pulls in enemies, a frontal cone aoe for damage. So far, I like what they've done with pretty much every hero that I've played up to this point, so I have confidence.
    I wonder this myself. Why didn't they just release current Stitches as the Butcher and maybe bring Stitches in later with different mechanics?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    It kinda depends on team comp but if I see a Muradin offensively jumping in that's my cue to nuke the shit out of him since he has no more escapes.
    If Muradin offensively jumps, it's not that he's out of escapes... YOU are :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    One thing i am super-duper looking forward to is the hero level increase to 20.

Because they're absolutely right - I got my heroes to 10, unlocked sweet master skins, and then... stopped playing them because they were "wasting" exp

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I almost think that Sylvanas' mind control ult will need to be AOE, or it won't be picked over an AOE silence (even for push builds). Taking a single Knight or a single Giant is a huge deal, unless the MC bonuses are huge. If they made it AOE, and the CD was based on how many creeps you MC'd and the power of the mercs, I think it'd be more interesting. Something like 5-10 seconds per regular creep, and 25-30 per extra merc you MC in it. Maybe even longer than that. You don't want to kill the point of taking mercs against any team that has Sylv, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valedus View Post
    I almost think that Sylvanas' mind control ult will need to be AOE, or it won't be picked over an AOE silence (even for push builds). Taking a single Knight or a single Giant is a huge deal, unless the MC bonuses are huge. If they made it AOE, and the CD was based on how many creeps you MC'd and the power of the mercs, I think it'd be more interesting. Something like 5-10 seconds per regular creep, and 25-30 per extra merc you MC in it. Maybe even longer than that. You don't want to kill the point of taking mercs against any team that has Sylv, though.
    I'm pretty certain the CD is low enough that you'll be allowed to grab a whole group one at a time, but even with the buffs (apparently they get more HP and damage) it's going to be SO hard to pass up a safe, ranged Twilight Dream.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    I'm pretty certain the CD is low enough that you'll be allowed to grab a whole group one at a time, but even with the buffs (apparently they get more HP and damage) it's going to be SO hard to pass up a safe, ranged Twilight Dream.
    Exactly. Her silence ult sounds amazing, so MC will need to be able to compete. Simply grabbing one bruiser or one giant is mediocre unless it seriously counterbalances the lane's push (but she would do that just by being in the lane).

Edit: It just seems like it will end up being a Garg vs Ravenous Spirit situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    One thing i am super-duper looking forward to is the hero level increase to 20.

Because they're absolutely right - I got my heroes to 10, unlocked sweet master skins, and then... stopped playing them because they were "wasting" exp
    Yeah, looking forward to dusting off Muradin.

Also been playing my level 8-9s a lot less because once I hit 10 they're "finished"...

The blog said its cooldown changes depending on the strength of the enemy MCed.

Deleted
    What do they mean by "Max hero level is being increased to 20, which features more opportunities to earn gold."?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirea View Post
    What do they mean by "Max hero level is being increased to 20, which features more opportunities to earn gold."?
    You will get bonus gold at 15 and 20 for each hero.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by Spirea View Post
    That you earn gold as you level up from 10 to 20, like you would from 1 to 10. Interpret it as you having the opportunity to level from 10 to 20, thus earning gold, not as you getting opportunities (which implies the possibility of failure) to earn gold as you level up. It is a bit confusingly worded.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    That you earn gold as you level up from 10 to 20, like you would from 1 to 10. Interpret it as you having the opportunity to level from 10 to 20, thus earning gold, not as you getting opportunities (which implies the possibility of failure) to earn gold as you level up. It is a bit confusingly worded.
    Having opportunity to level from 10 to 20 is something completely different than having more opportunities to earn gold while leveling from 10 to 20. Playing at level 10 and not leveling anymore or leveling from 10 to 20 doesn't provide more opportunities to earn gold.

Unless, as Treeskee mentioned, they meant bonus gold at 15 and 20.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's worded poorly.

"Give players the opportunity to earn more gold" would have been better.

Hmm, did they say how much gold? I found the gold for account levels:

Many changes to hero and player leveling are incoming:

Once you've reached Account level 30, there will be no more talent gating.
    Max hero level is being increased to 20, which features more opportunities to earn gold.
    Account levels 20, 25, 30, 35, and 40 will each reward 2,000 gold.
    http://www.heroesnexus.com/news/1320...ys-of-the-week

Can't find anything on hero levels though. Could've sworn I saw something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Hmm, did they say how much gold? I found the gold for account levels:

http://www.heroesnexus.com/news/1320...ys-of-the-week

Can't find anything on hero levels though. Could've sworn I saw something.
    I think you get 4k in total, like a 2/3 split where you get 2/3 at 20 and 1/3 at 15. Don't remember the exact per level number but pretty sure it was (close to) 4k in total.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Later down the page on Heroesnexus:

2,000 Gold at Account Levels 20, 25, 30, 35, 40
    1,250 Gold at Hero Level 15
    2,500 Gold at Hero Level 20

That's what I remember reading from PAX.

Deleted
    The sklls that come to mind are the charge and the "big blow" that he strikes with (sometimes right after the hook) so those are 2 out of 5 for now as a guess at least.