Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Gravity kills [Zarya Fan Thread]

Zarya will be a tank type hero.

Sustained beam weapon with mid range reach, fires grenades for aoe (longer range). A shield that she use on herself OR share with others!

and ofcourse her graviton grenade which pulls people together into its and floats them about for the kill.

And I seriously like her aesthetics and character design.

lookit
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2015-03-06 at 04:37 PM.

Deleted
    I do like her a lot I also find her kit interesting

She's nice. Was personally hoping the cyborg samurai character would be among one of the new characters displayed. Thought his gameplay would have a lot of potential. Oh well, maybe next reveal.

Her body type, basic attack, and Accent are eerily reminiscent of The Heavy from TF2.
    Still love her though.

she's very functionally different though. her basic attack is a limited range sustained beam weapon. which should still have the effect of limited range cover fire as NO ONE wants to stand in a sustained beam of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    she's very functionally different though. her basic attack is a limited range sustained beam weapon. which should still have the effect of limited range cover fire as NO ONE wants to stand in a sustained beam of damage.
    When you see it from a third person perspective, it's a beam that is fatter the closer it is to her, so damage is presumably going to drop off at long distance and build up as she's closer.
    Apart from not having an accuracy dropoff, that's exactly the same as the Heavy's minigun (which is also a sustained fire weapon, nobody wants to stand in that either).

I don't have a problem with it, I just think the similarities are amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    When you see it from a third person perspective, it's a beam that is fatter the closer it is to her, so damage is presumably going to drop off at long distance and build up as she's closer.
    Apart from not having an accuracy dropoff, that's exactly the same as the Heavy's minigun (which is also a sustained fire weapon, nobody wants to stand in that either).

I don't have a problem with it, I just think the similarities are amusing.
    I honestly don't see how her primary fire is like the heavy's minigun. Okay, it's true that it's more effective at close range, like the heavy's minigun, but I see more of Quake's lightning gun than I see Heavy's minigun. Plus with a flak cannon-like alt fire. I could see why the comparisons with heavy are valid too.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Her kit maybe interesting, but she is just so damn ugly. I don't get why they had to make her a bull dyke.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenden View Post
    Her kit maybe interesting, but she is just so damn ugly. I don't get why they had to make her a bull dyke.
    Hey! Strong women can be hot you know!

Anyway, her style reminds me somewhat of Reinhardt. Neat though.

don't know what sort of preconceived notions and biases your narrow mind is scrambled with but she looks amazing. She's everything she's meant to be
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2015-03-06 at 05:18 PM.

Deleted
    Kinda like the idea of meshing the lightning gun from Quake and the flak cannon from UT.

That's a woman? That body, sure, but that face... That doesn't look like a woman at all.

You have a fairly warped idea of what women look like.

15+ Year Old Account
    She can tank for me all night long if she wants.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Body diversity hype. I think this is a big step forwards for Blizzard. Overwatch in general has been a huge step forward in terms of diversity.

Really liking the character's style, but not sure about the accent as it seems like they're using a the ol' Brawn Hilda trope, plus there are definitely going to be parallels drawn between her and the TF2 heavy. Weapon wise, I like the secondary fire, reminds me of the Flak Cannon from Unreal Tournament, but the primary beam weapon seems kinda boring. Gravity grenade is interesting, but I bet it's going to be super annoying to go up against.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenden View Post
    She looks fine. Besides, I'm going to make a supposition that if she had just *been* male, you wouldn't have even commented on her appearance at all.

There's already plenty of more feminine, more conventionally attractive characters in the game anyway.

Anyway, in regards to the OT;

I honestly feel like her parallels with the Heavy are perfectly intentional, and while it may be almost-cliche, it's not bad, and may turn out better in the long run for being that.

In terms of her actual usefulness in teams, I feel like it's all going to come down to how good her shields are. Winston and Reinhardt have shields of some kind right, with Winston having a bubble and Reinhardt having a wall? We'll have to see which ones turn out more useful, although her Ult coupled with McCree's Ult, oh my lord!

...I kind of want to ship Reinhardt with her, it must be the bulk and the accents, but I can't help it. That, and they both seem to share a sense of fairness and justice and stuff.

Although just watch, she's gonna get romanced by McCree in lore.

Heh, it seems she is next to Torbjorn and Tracer in "accents that sound cool to others and ridiculous to people from countries where these characters are supposed to come from"

Anyway, she seems nice. Though I don't like her ultimate, it seems boring.
    If anyone's interested, she has "SHIELD Technologies" written on her vest, and surprisingly enough, "AVENGER" on her gun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Heh, it seems she is next to Torbjorn and Tracer in "accents that sound cool to others and ridiculous to people from countries where these characters are supposed to come from"
    I'm British and I think Tracer's accent is adorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Team particle cannon!

Whatever, she looks cool. Not every female character has to look super feminine. She looks like she could kick ass, and that's what counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    I mean, I get that it can be annoying but the whole game is supposed to be cartoony, I don't see why the accents wouldn't be caricatures also.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |