Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    She's still pretty feminine looking overall though. Just bulkier.

I may have found my new favorite character! ^_^

Props on Blizz for NOT creating another female stereotype sexpot! ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol it's the female heavy

In a game that sells itself partly on hyper-diversity, it is good that they have at least one female character that's more Brienne of Tarth then Black Widow (not that I have anything against Black Widow, because I most certainly do not). Not everyone who plays Overwatch is going to like or play Zarya, and that's okay since not everyone is going to like or play an intelligent gorilla from the moon or a robotic monk. And inevitably some characters will be more popular then others and Zarya probably won't be on the top of the list for Overwatch players in general (though she certainly will have her fans), and that's also okay.

Now if someone finds the existence of Zarya problematic, then to be perfectly blunt they are incredibly insecure and need to stop seeing anything that isn't a service to them as an attack on them. Sometimes things are just a service to someone else and that's precisely as okay as things that are a service to them.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm already shipping Zarya and Pharah.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Q ability. Awesome-sauce. =D

15+ Year Old Account
    Back when overwatch was first announced I commented on the woeful lack of female body diversity. I will gladly say that has been mollified. I personally love her design and think her weapon and abilities are great. I can't wait to see the skins they plan to have for her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Back when overwatch was first announced I commented on the woeful lack of female body diversity. I will gladly say that has been mollified. I personally love her design and think her weapon and abilities are great. I can't wait to see the skins they plan to have for her.
    How is/was Pharah not enough is beyond me.. But aslong as the diverstity crowd is happy

christ that fucking hair is awful

reminds me of way too many shitheads
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    How is/was Pharah not enough is beyond me.. But aslong as the diverstity crowd is happy
    Put Tracer in Pharah's armor, and she probably wouldn't look all that much different aside from being a little smaller overall (and not being Egyptian). The overwhelming majority of Phara's "bulk" comes from her powered armor rather then any differences in her body type. If you look at her torso, you'll note that it is very narrow compared with her shoulder armor, which means her actual torso is even narrower.

Zarya's bulk however comes from muscles so large that in a fight between her and a Grizzly Bear, I would feel sorry for the bear.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

New sig says it all.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Deleted
    She's tough as nails, I love it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    She looks fine. Besides, I'm going to make a supposition that if she had just *been* male, you wouldn't have even commented on her appearance at all.

There's already plenty of more feminine, more conventionally attractive characters in the game anyway.
    IDK, maybe i wouldn't have if she was a man, even if she was a man i don't really like the jarhead look.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    I'm already shipping Zarya and Pharah.
    What, no shipping Zarya and Mercy, for the sake of pissing-off the TF2 Heavy/Medic shippers?
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."

The pink hair is really the only thing I don't like about her. Honestly doesn't even seem to fit her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Rindrae View Post
    The pink hair is really the only thing I don't like about her. Honestly doesn't even seem to fit her character.
    I agree - it seems a bit more "punk rebel" than "hero of the people", but hey, if Blizz is listening the way they say they are, we'll get reskins and recolors for customization the way TF2 gets hats and decorative plushies and stuff like that, and hopefully a change in hair-color will be part of one of Zarya's recolors.

we havent heard enough of her accent but it doenst sound like they made it too obnoxious. we'll still see though, they might still be doing the va work.

don't know what people are talking about when it comes to her specialty, its insanely useful. She has a flak cannon for it and given the group play, there are loads of other heroes with aoe/utility abilities who can use it for maximum overkill. At the least, it can disrupt the enemy to interrupt them. Displacing their positions alone is worth it. Yank people out of cover if you do it right.

i like that her story is that she was a aspiring body builder who was on the cusp of fulfilling her dreams when she instead went to join the fight out of a sense of duty. She became what she is now because she chose it and chose to be a hero, rather than because of some dramatic tragic backstory or motivation.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2015-03-07 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    we havent heard enough of her accent but it doenst sound like they made it too obnoxious. we'll still see though, they might still be doing the va work.

don't know what people are talking about when it comes to her specialty, its insanely useful. She has a flak cannon for it and given the group play, there are loads of other heroes with aoe/utility abilities who can use it for maximum overkill. At the least, it can disrupt the enemy to interrupt them. Displacing their positions alone is worth it. Yank people out of cover if you do it right.

i like that her story is that she was a aspiring body builder who was on the cusp of fulfilling her dreams when she instead went to join the fight out of a sense of duty. She became what she is now because she chose it and chose to be a hero, rather than because of some dramatic tragic backstory or motivation.
    If it can displace constructs as well as people, it could be a good counter to the strategy of putting siege-mode Bastion and one of Torbjorn's turrets atop the payload to basically make an almost-self-guarding payload.

Deleted
    Her body proportions look totally weird. But I guess girls with big muscles now can feel represented too. The world is saved.

No girl has muscles like that by the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    No girl has muscles like that by the way.
    Who'd have thought that a game with talking gorillas and robot monks would fail to accurately represent muscle development in women.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |