New disc priest, back after long break looking for tips / guidance logs inside

Coming back after a long break havent played since WOTLK and im trying to pick up the new disc priest and get a feel for how it plays, looking for any advice you guys can give, im going to throw some logs in here from my last few raids, shadowganj is my disc priest and faizy is my buddy (holy) both looking for advice.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...1&type=healing

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...c73db/overview

^ are the same raid

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...port/4#v=0,d=0

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...ort/75#v=1,d=1

^both different, ive done more raids but these are the logs i can track down.

be as brutally honest as possible, i know im not performing close to what i should be doing, thats why im here to learn.

shadowganj is my disc priest, and faizy is my friend (holy priest) both looking for advice.
    Last edited by Rekrul; 2015-03-07 at 11:11 PM.

Deleted
    Only looking at the WC logs. You didn´t use AA on kromog/hans once and too little on other bosses. Therefore also missing out on EAA PoH. Could have casted more Pw:s. You shouldn´t hardcast PoM, its not worth it most of the times.

I think ill leave the holy priest to someone else as im abit out of it

Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    Only looking at the WC logs. You didn´t use AA on kromog/hans once and too little on other bosses. Therefore also missing out on EAA PoH. Could have casted more Pw:s. You shouldn´t hardcast PoM, its not worth it most of the times.

I think ill leave the holy priest to someone else as im abit out of it

yeah, i had set up a macro after that to make it alot easier, so i will be able to improve on that aspect next week.

more shields, what about CoW?

what can i do to increase my throughput, i try to use pennance and cascade on CD, rarely cast flash heal or heal.

Deleted
    If you have problems tracking AA then get an addon like Weakaura or Tellmewhen to track it, would make your life alot better.

I only use CoW on Hans and Franz and Thogar. Thogar isn´t that badly needed, but theres almost nothing to heal most of fight. Your pala will have most of the tank healing covered and you can always help with Shields and penance.

Best to increase your healing is to know when damage is coming in so you can shield it to prevent the damage. Always keep tanks shielded. Use Penance on cd, defensive when damage is needed to be healed, offensive if not.

But the main thing that would increase your healing is AA, when you popped AA then use it with PoH together with Empowered AA when you feel it will reach enough people, or to pump some DA out before damage. Also AA gives a healing bonus increase, it is a huge mistake to miss out on it.

And yes only flash heal when people will die if you wouldn´t use it, dont use heal at any point.

Also can someone guide me on how to gear? ive been trying to min max crit/mastery on all my pieces.

Is it advised to just take whatever is the highest ilvl items i have? and just ignore crit/mastery all together?

ty shin, appreciate all the advice

Deleted
    Intel > Spirit (until comfortable) > Mastery > Multistike > Crit/Haste
    OR
    Intel > Spirit (until comfortable) > Mastery > Haste (Until comfortable) > Multistike > Crit

From what i can tell the Haste build is mostly for Mindbender and if you prefer faster casts. Myself i prefer Multistrike instead.

As you can see Int is top and will most of the time be better then other stats (even Mastery), i dont got the exact calculations and im to lazy to look for it, but they are here somewhere. So if the int gain is enough you should go for that, tho watch out with like Versa/haste items (when going first build).

Thats my opinion anyway
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2015-03-08 at 09:21 PM.

I use CoW on Hans and Frans, Flamebender, Thogar and Maidens if that helps. The rest of the bosses I use WoM. I never manually cast PoM (unless I'm pre-casting) before a pull.

Int> Spirit (Until Comfortable) > Mastery > Crit > Multistrike > Haste

With a large amount of our throughput being linked to PW:S usage, mastery is now our most valuable stat. While haste does increase your raw throughput, which will be detailed below, mastery is more sustainable. To be honest, after mastery, crit trails behind, followed by MS/VERS/Haste (in no particular order.) Because of our Enlightenment passive, Crit has a flat boost. Multistike is less valuable only because we do not have the attenuation, because MS heals can still proc divine aegis.

Check out howtopriest for Holy and Disc healing guides.

Deleted
    I have read Howtopriest guide and im not sure why they tell disc to go crit after mastery. Most of your healing will come from Pw:s (60%+) then you have EAA PoH wich is already 100% crit. Then the only reason you would go crit is for your other spells wich honestly don´t do that much healing. From what i hear and maths Multi and haste work better with Pw:s then crit.

Look here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post32073818

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...6#post32075236

+ Other threads on this forum that has hade huge discussion about these stat prio.

Maybe Howtopriest only looks at stat weights numbers, idk.
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2015-03-21 at 09:47 AM.

well if you haven't played since WOLTK you should have the basics down: spam PW:S like a motherf*cker and jsut learn damage patterns on different bosses.

litteraly the only difference with WOLTK is that now you have to use archangel every 30 seconds (and cast one single lonely POH right after using archangel for that guaranteed crit on it).
    then use PW:Solace every 10 seconds.

if you really really want to be fancy you can use cascade if it's not going to overheal too much (keep in mind it takes 5-6 seconds for the spell to fully heal the raid), and you can thrown in some penance here and there.

oh and on fights where there's not enough raid dmaage to warrant PW:S spamming constantly, simply switch out your last talent for CoW and spam the tanks and look as your holy paladin cries himself to sleep.

flash heal, heal, prayer of mending, holy nova don't need to be on your action bars. litteraly. (seriously, the only time you'll cast a flash heal is if all your other healers are dead)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    I have read Howtopriest guide and im not sure why they tell disc to go crit after mastery. Most of your healing will come from Pw:s (60%+) then you have EAA PoH wich is already 100% crit. Then the only reason you would go crit is for your other spells wich honestly don´t do that much healing. From what i hear and maths Multi and haste work better with Pw:s then crit.

Look here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post32073818

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...6#post32075236

+ Other threads on this forum that has hade huge discussion about these stat prio.

Maybe Howtopriest only looks at stat weights numbers, idk.
    yeah going crit is really weird, multistrike looks a LOT more appealling to me, simply because divine aegis will usually give you anywhere between 20% and 60% overhealing whereas multistrikes mechanics will make it so that it will always be used adequately as long as you yourself are not overhealing, basicaly you can control multistrike whereas crit is random as f*ck

Quote Originally Posted by kouby View Post
    well if you haven't played since WOLTK you should have the basics down: spam PW:S like a motherf*cker and jsut learn damage patterns on different bosses.
    You have a way with words which perfectly explains why I'd really rather be holy if it at all can be managed.