Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Took me many many games but I got my first heroic deed! Unfortunately it's for the worst map and has the worst affixes :P

Difficulty: Veteran
    Map: Halescourge
    Affixes: Sudden death (you go down, you die instantly)
    Can't remember what the other one was called but basically there are no pickups on the map. None. No ammo, no health, no bombs.
    Tried it with a couple of mates once and it didn't end well x)
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Took me many many games but I got my first heroic deed! Unfortunately it's for the worst map and has the worst affixes :P

Difficulty: Veteran
    Map: Halescourge
    Affixes: Sudden death (you go down, you die instantly)
    Can't remember what the other one was called but basically there are no pickups on the map. None. No ammo, no health, no bombs.
    Tried it with a couple of mates once and it didn't end well x)
    Hold on to your Deeds until Fatshark fixes the bug where it does not award you experience/loot and uses up the deed.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Hold on to your Deeds until Fatshark fixes the bug where it does not award you experience/loot and uses up the deed.
    Thanks for the heads up! I wasn't game to try it yet anyway. :P Hopefully they fix the bug (and hopefully make heroic deeds more common)

yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't tested it but I read that if the host is the one with the deed it works properly for everyone. Otherwise it just seems to work for whoever has the deed and the host and the other 2 get shafted.

Is this game viable for playing solo at all? Is it even an option? Is there forced matchmaking or AI teammates? If you can solo, is it still fun and can you actually accomplish anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Kromtar View Post
    I haven't tested it but I read that if the host is the one with the deed it works properly for everyone. Otherwise it just seems to work for whoever has the deed and the host and the other 2 get shafted.
    May be true, but rather it get fixed for everyone than to take chances.

Like I got this deed:

And I'd be really mad if I lost it.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    Is this game viable for playing solo at all? Is it even an option? Is there forced matchmaking or AI teammates? If you can solo, is it still fun and can you actually accomplish anything?
    I would like to know this as well. I've been on the fence about buying VT2 because it's not the type of game my RL friends would play. So I need to know if solo play is viable, or if there's matchmaking or what?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I would like to know this as well. I've been on the fence about buying VT2 because it's not the type of game my RL friends would play. So I need to know if solo play is viable, or if there's matchmaking or what?
    You can play with bots. They're... okay. Should be good enough for first two difficulties, just don't rely on them too much since AI can screw up at times (esp when it comes to some combinations of specials) and expect to do majority of the work on the bosses.
    I just finished all the maps on lowest difficulty with the bots and really the biggest hurdles are your power level (ie. you start out really weak; takes a couple levels and some pieces of gear to really start getting into it) and player skill

There is some matchmaking, haven't played much with it in this game yet, but first Vermintide was pretty much the only game where I wasn't feeling anxious about joining some strangers and wondering what horrors will befall me. It's not like everything always goes perfect, some players are bad and some- often you just get screwed by random spawns, but I could count on my hands the number of "toxic" players I ran into after 400+ hours of playing (and most of that with randoms, not premade).
    Of course, experience may vary and the community might be different now, but no harm trying if the game looks like your cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I've cleared most of the maps with bots on champion. It's easily doable once you get around 350 hero power. Probably sooner if you really wanted to.

I've been playing on my own online and it works just fine with randoms. You can play with bots if you want To, but I just find it hugely entertaining knowing everyone's a human on the team and working together with bare minimum communication.

Pick up group community seems pretty good so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Steam reviews are looking pretty good. I might pick this up. Is this honestly better than the first game? I know new game fever makes everyone tack on a few extra points during the honeymoon phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Steam reviews are looking pretty good. I might pick this up. Is this honestly better than the first game? I know new game fever makes everyone tack on a few extra points during the honeymoon phase.
    I would say it is a more polished experience with better loot drops and additional features.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    As with all co-op games its hit and miss unless you have a premade. It is harder and it has some better systems. Some dislike perhaps that the progression can feel like a grind but on the flip side if you played every map once and gained nothing from it you would lose interest quickly.

Plus there's quite a few maps and while going from point A to B does not change what happens during that trip does quite a bit.

Getting hero power 300 white gear seems weird. Especially from champ emps boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Omerta26 View Post
    Getting hero power 300 white gear seems weird. Especially from champ emps boxes.
    Yeah im power lvl 580 atm, gonna suck with no upgrades after 600 guess you just hunt reds like the first game, and deeds and cosmetics.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Yeah im power lvl 580 atm, gonna suck with no upgrades after 600 guess you just hunt reds like the first game, and deeds and cosmetics.
    Going by Reddit threads it would seem helms are more rare than reds. I've seen neither after 130hrs, two level 30s and one at 25.

Gonna be a noob here, I played a tiny bit of Verm 1 and enjoyed it, how is 2?
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

May be true, but rather it get fixed for everyone than to take chances.

Like I got this deed:

And I'd be really mad if I lost it.
    Deeds have been fixed. Can confirm this as I had done 2 deeds yesterday and all party members got the lootbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Omerta26 View Post
    Going by Reddit threads it would seem helms are more rare than reds. I've seen neither after 130hrs, two level 30s and one at 25.
    Yeah never seen reds or helms either, dont think ive ever seen other in party with it either going by the flashy red pictures on reddit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Gonna be a noob here, I played a tiny bit of Verm 1 and enjoyed it, how is 2?
    Much better, will soon come mod support to will be interesting to see what they do, loads of maps i hope.

Question about deeds from a player who never played Vermintide

Isn't that modifier where you die as soon as you get downed REALLY harsh? I mean, doesn't that mean you're done with the entire map and have to start over?