Deleted

Budget build for a casual user

Hello folks!

I need to build a pc for an older couple, who mainly surf the internet, watch movies, play facebook games etc and they rarely, if ever, use it for more demanding tasks or modern gaming.

If we could somehow hit <350 euros it would be great.
    They have a monitor, speakers and finding a spare keyboard and mouse will be easy.
    I can also put an old gtx 260 that i have, it is heavely used, but i've cleaned it and replaced the thermopaste.
    OC is out of the question
    They already have genuine windows, so OS won't be a problem.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Deleted
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD A8-7600 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($89.95 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($63.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($60.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.99 @ Best Buy)
    Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($35.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($53.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $349.89
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-15 09:39 EDT-0400

The PSU is way overkill, but I have no real experience with budget PSU's. At least his PSU is of good quality.

With this build they also won't need the GTX260.

Deleted
    Thanks for the help!

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on the uses you listed, it sounds like a budget laptop would fit those needs fine and probably be cheaper/less hassle.

Deleted
    True, but they already have a pretty good monitor and a second tv set up, left from their son so i'm trying to see how they can use them all

Quote Originally Posted by JoErVoL View Post
    True, but they already have a pretty good monitor and a second tv set up, left from their son so i'm trying to see how they can use them all
    You can hook a laptop up to a monitor or a TV as easily as a desktop. I do all the time. My media PC was a laptop a friend sold to me used for cheap. It could play most games on low settings so I take it with me some places but when I go home it gets hooked up to the TV. Until my wife dropped it that is.

Deleted
    Sorry for not answering, i had to speak with that couple first. Unfortunately they turned down the laptop idea, they already have an old laptop and didn't want a second one or to use that one for the tv.

So i'll probably go for the amd build you guys provided! Thanks again!
    Quick question though: in my country the a8-7600 is the almost same price with the i3-4160 (+10 euro). I know that they won't probably use at full capacity either cpu, but is it worth it for just 10euro assuming that i find a similar mobo?