Deleted

Best CPU for Gigabyte GA-z77X-UD3H

Hey there,
    I'm finishing upgrading my PC, already bought Gigabyte GA-z77X-UD3H motherboard few months before (for a nice bargain) and was wondering if it will handle intel core i5-4690k? Couldn't find it on it's support list:
    http://www.gigabyte.com/support-down....aspx?pid=4153
    If intel core i5-4690k is not available for this motherboard, which CPU would you guys recommend? I will be using it strictly for mmos and rpgs (like WoW, Withcer 3).
    Thank you for all your help.

3770K/3570K/2500K/2550K/2600K/2700K are the best CPUs for your motherboard (1155 platform) but half of them are discontinued already but are still very capable. The 4690k (and the rest of the 4xxx series) is on 1150 platform which is not compatible.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They're discontinued and expensive at this point. Best option is probably saving a little while longer and getting a mobo that isn't 3 years old(unless you're using it with a processor that is also that old and only need to replace the mobo).
    He could probably find a used 2500K reasonably priced if he looked. Check Craig's List in your area or maybe ebay. A 2500K overclocked well will not be that far behind a 4690k.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I guess he could go used. I'm usually at least somewhat skeptical of used PC components.
    Yeah, I should have mentioned, if he does go to Craig's List be sure to ask the seller to see the chip running in a PC before purchasing it. Certainly good advice. With Ebay or other sites, make sure seller has a good rating. Usually, if you get defective product though, these sites are pretty good about making good on it.

Deleted
    From what I saw in Poland I can get only Intel Core i5-3570K for the same price as 4690k. I'm starting to feel ripped off Buying new motherboard that could handle 4690k will cost me almost twice as much as what I paid for my ga z77 ud3h, so if it's not a huge perfomance boost, I'll stick with my mobo and i5-3570K combo for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wampir View Post
    From what I saw in Poland I can get only Intel Core i5-3570K for the same price as 4690k. I'm starting to feel ripped off Buying new motherboard that could handle 4690k will cost me almost twice as much as what I paid for my ga z77 ud3h, so if it's not a huge perfomance boost, I'll stick with my mobo and i5-3570K combo for now.
    Yeah, you got ripped off. You're better off sticking with what you got. The 3570K is still a good chip.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrax View Post
    3770K/3570K/2500K/2550K/2600K/2700K are the best CPUs for your motherboard (1155 platform) but half of them are discontinued already but are still very capable. The 4690k (and the rest of the 4xxx series) is on 1150 platform which is not compatible.
    I'm going to quote this for emphasis; these are your best options.

Deleted
    Well, I will know better next time. Thank you all for your help