Work orders with a huge delay?

Hi community! yesterday I switched my barn out for an inn so I could recruit a new follower (and another one today after it reset). Changing the building out was fine, and I've swapped the inn back to the barn. Now my barn is acting weird. When i originally swapped it to the inn, the barn was stocked with a full 21 mighty leather work orders, and now after i've rebuilt it, it's still stocked with the same 21 mighty leather work orders, but, it's showing that the work order won't be ready for 2 days and a few hours? Is this a bug, or should I have let my work order run out prior to switching to the inn?

http://i.imgur.com/auJjtyY.jpg
    Last edited by Neothin; 2015-03-17 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neothin View Post
    Hi community! yesterday I switched my barn out for an inn so I could recruit a new follower (and another one today after it reset). Changing the building out was fine, and I've swapped the inn back to the barn. Now my barn is acting weird. When i originally swapped it to the inn, the barn was stocked with a full 21 mighty leather work orders, and now after i've rebuilt it, it's still stocked with the same 21 mighty leather work orders, but, it's showing that the work order won't be ready for 2 days and a few hours? Is this a bug, or should I have let my work order run out prior to switching to the inn?
    Yep, they fixed the bug. Work Orders were never supposed to continue while you did not actively own the building. Just be thankful that killing a building doesn't kill the work order items along with it...

so just to clarify, whenever i switch any building with work orders out, when if i swap back it'll be 2 days and change until it starts to produce again? Just want to make sure i stock up on leather and fur for next time

Not quite - when you swap out the building, the work orders clock on that building effectively freezes. Any items handed over remain in the building, but no work happens.

When you restore that building, the clock continues from where it left off (or resets to start of 3h cycle, not 100% sure).

Regardless, no work happens when you don't have the building built in your garrison.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRik View Post
    Not quite - when you swap out the building, the work orders clock on that building effectively freezes. Any items handed over remain in the building, but no work happens.

When you restore that building, the clock continues from where it left off (or resets to start of 3h cycle, not 100% sure).

Regardless, no work happens when you don't have the building built in your garrison.
    ^ yep, exactly

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    ^ yep, exactly
    then what's up with my 2 day cooldown? just triyng to understand

then what's up with my 2 day cooldown? just triyng to understand
    Are you looking at the work orders panel or at the NPC? After the NPC's order are full, it shows how much time it will take for all of them to finish.

^ What this guy said. The NPC shows 2 days for me when fully loaded with work orders, but using the Garrisons button on my minimap I can see a timer until the next individual work order is complete

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Are you looking at the work orders panel or at the NPC? After the NPC's order are full, it shows how much time it will take for all of them to finish.
    looking at the mini map panel

Deleted
    so just to clarify, whenever i switch any building with work orders out, when if i swap back it'll be 2 days and change until it starts to produce again? Just want to make sure i stock up on leather and fur for next time
    Yes, whenever you switch a building with ACTIVE workorders OUT. ALL WORKORDERS ARE PAUSED.

looking at the mini map panel

Should be a visual bug then. Hasn't one finished by now? It should update if it's only a visual bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Should be a visual bug then. Hasn't one finished by now? It should update if it's only a visual bug.
    nope, haven't gotten any orders since i built the barn back. its down to 2 days 1 hr now though

Looks like a bug. Never had that happen myself.

The same is happening with my Enchanter's Study - 2 days, 18 hours until the next completion.

I had 36 work orders queued up, swapped the building for an Alchemiy Lab, then I changed my mind and rebuilt the Enchanter's Study. Now I have a 3 day cooldown on the work orders.

I have a feeling this is intentional, to prevent people from running multiple work orders by switching buildings, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The same is happening with my Enchanter's Study - 2 days, 18 hours until the next completion.

I had 36 work orders queued up, swapped the building for an Alchemiy Lab, then I changed my mind and rebuilt the Enchanter's Study. Now I have a 3 day cooldown on the work orders.

I have a feeling this is intentional, to prevent people from running multiple work orders by switching buildings, or something.
    Quite possibly true. Has anyone tried to use a rush orders item and see if the next ones get fixed?

I had the same thing happen to me right post 6.1 with my lumber mill, however they were saying 24 hours, as soon as the first one completed the rest went back to their 4 hour cycle.

Mind you I was unlucky since the lumber mill doesn't have rush orders but I bet using one would fix it. Perhaps even clearing it out might be required.

I had this exact problem yesterday when I rebuilt my Dwarven Bunker. It had a timer of about 2 days before the first order would complete. I left it overnight to see if it was just a visual bug with the timer but it wasn't. No orders completed overnight at all. I even tried the auto-complete item for resources - THIS DOES NOT FIX THE TIMER, don't waste your resources. If you have this problem the first work order you get will be when the timer is over and then it'll go back to normal.

I was going to wait it out but wrote a help ticket anyway. GM responded in less than 5 minutes, confirmed it was a known bug and agreed to help me out with it.
    As a very nice consequence of this for me, I essentially got a full 21 work orders on the bunker completed immediately and the problem was fixed. He also sent me other work orders in the mail from other buildings I destroyed with orders present.
    GM said helping me was a 'one time thing' and said in the future to not replace buildings that have work orders in progress.

So you could try a GM but I imagine the success rate of them helping will be 50/50, as I basically got 4 days worth of free work orders completed immediately to fix the issue.
    I imagine this will probably make it a case by case if a GM will help you out. I probably got very lucky...
    Last edited by Ozzayel; 2015-03-19 at 02:48 PM.

I'm on the same boat with OP. I replaced my GS lvl2 (with maxed work orders) with inn lvl2 for followers right before and after weekly reset. However when I rebuilt GSanctum, work orders aren't progressing at all. Currently gives me a 2 days 9 hours deadline for the next pick up...

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been dealing with this all along by letting the work orders finish before replacing the building. In other words, if I know I am going to replace a building with an Inn every 2 weeks to recruit followers (build the Inn and recruit on Monday, then Tuesday, then replace the Inn again), I let the work orders trickle down to 0 by the Monday. That way, when I build the new building fresh on Tuesday after doing the recruit from the Inn, I can start work orders and they will produce on the normal schedule.

Yes, it requires you to do some minor math so that you know when your last work order will complete, and time that just prior to when you want to swap out the buildings. But that's not hard.

Deleted
    Ehhh doesnt it simply mean that all work orders are done in 2 days? 20 * 3h (or 4h?) should come somewhere near that.