Deleted

Need few quick tips for holy.

Hi.
    So I am switching guild today because my current guild is falling apart.
    The thing is, I have to change from disc to holy.

I have not really touched holy in WoD, I know the basic's but I have few question.

1) Do I ever use Flash Heal/Binding heal "as normal heal" to get Serendipity stacks, or are they too much mana waste. I have only 2 set bonus atm.

2) Level 45 talent, Solace vs Mindbender vs Surge of Light. I see a lot Priest's use different talent.

3) For trinkets, I currently have Shards of Nothing Mythic WF, 3/4 Winged Hourglass (670) and Quiescent Runestone Mythic.
    I believe I should use Winged Hourglass for mana, but do I use Quiescent over Shards for Multistrike?

Armory in desc (Forgot to put glyphs yesterday)

Sorry if this is not worth it's own thread, as there is the sticky.
    Last edited by mmoc87e2fb35a3; 2015-03-18 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillo View Post
    1) Do I ever use Flash Heal/Binding heal "as normal heal" to get Serendipity stacks, or are they too much mana waste. I have only 2 set bonus atm.
    You should only use FH in VERY urgent situation. I never use it more than one time during a fight. For Binding Heal, if you glyph it, it is a powerful spell. If you use SOL, you can use the free FH for Serendipity. Moreover, you don't want to cast a spell just for the serendipity stacks, cast it when necessary and the stacks are bonus. Never forget to use the stacks though.

2) Level 45 talent, Solace vs Mindbender vs Surge of Light. I see a lot Priest's use different talent.
    Solace is generally the highest regen talent, but you have to cast it every 10 second, which some people don't like. Mindbender is a very good regen talent as well (my personal favourite). For SOL, the regen is very hard to estimate, but it will give you quite some free FH which in turn will give you some stacks of Serendipity. If you don't have mana issue at all in a fight, you should use SOL.

3) For trinkets, I currently have Shards of Nothing Mythic WF, 3/4 Winged Hourglass (670) and Quiescent Runestone Mythic.
    I believe I should use Winged Hourglass for mana, but do I use Quiescent over Shards for Multistrike?
    Quiescent runestone is indeed a very powerful throughput trinket for holy priest, better than the shards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wichtounet View Post
    Solace is generally the highest regen talent, but you have to cast it every 10 second, which some people don't like. Mindbender is a very good regen talent as well (my personal favourite). For SOL, the regen is very hard to estimate, but it will give you quite some free FH which in turn will give you some stacks of Serendipity. If you don't have mana issue at all in a fight, you should use SOL.
    With the recent buff to mindbender, it becomes the best option to use.

This is my mileage on hc raid healing with holy. Other people might have better advice for healing mythic on holy.

1. Using flash heal on regular basis without SoL proc usually means one of two things, either you're solo healing or your other healers can't heal the tank alone and require your assistance. Hpriest is probably the worst tank healer in the game, even when spamming FH,FH,H the output is nothing spectacular. Glyphed binding heal is great and it's very legitimate to use it during periods of high group damage in the sequence BH,BH,PoH. This sequence will mainly compete with renew spam. If the damage is predictable per group it's better since it provides better burst for that group.

2. With current Mindbender I don't think that holy has any reason to choose Solace. With this in mind, I feel that SoL is a good choice as well. But in choosing so you lock yourself to Divine Star to get enough procs to justify it. Normal ways to proc SoL are just not enough on their own to compete with Mindbender. Using SoL drives a very edgy play style which is very rewarding on fights with constant predictable damage, but at the same time feels underwhelming when there's little damage or when you can't use PoH efficiently. In my opinion SoL also has good synergy with 2pc if you spec into DI, because you get much more Serendipity stacks which drives you to cast more Heal/PoH which proc the instant PoM. You of course could get the same stacks from BH, but casting BH non stop is probably not sustainable.
    If I choose SoL I will always want to choose DI as well (100% uptime on ToF might change my mind, but lets be realistic here). So the bottom line question (for me at least), is squeezing the extra healing from 2pc really worth it over more renew spam with ToF? Most likely an YMMV kind of thing.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Surge of Light works best with Divine Star, so it's a good option on fights which support this. 'Course, it depends on tactics, some might prefer more spreading, which makes both talents weaker. Plus, both Solace and Mindbender offer a little bit of extra dps. Not all that significant, but it might be that missing 0.1% on rare "almost kill" scenario.

On the other hand, some boss phase changes/target switching can be quite annoying with Mindbender. You might not even notice the squid is standing next to you and doing nothing, because boss was briefly untargetable. Wasted mana right there.

Flash heal without SOL is mostly for emergencies. Using it for Serendipity stacking works in rare cases where you will need that PoH immediately - say, incoming Inferno Slice and you need to top your group in few seconds. Non glyphed Binding Heal doesn't heal for much, and Glyphed one is rather expensive. You should test it yourself - depending on your trinket combination and overall spirit, it might be too much.

If you can manage your mana, yes. If not, try to use them less.

Bender or SoL. Never Solace. SoL works better if you like staying in Chakra: Serenity and tend to use Heal/PoH more. Otherwise Mindbender.

Runestone + Hourglass imo, but see if you can replace the hourglass with ICT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

If you go Mindbender, you can use shards / PI to boost it. Else Solace is a good option, contarary to priest above me says. Plenty top priests use it. SoL is better for burst fights, and fights where you get to use Divine Star / Halo for procs. Though if you go SoL, you need all the spirit you can get.

1) I'm going to oversimplify this grossly, but it should hold up for someone that is relatively new to holy and isn't going to be chakra swapping.
    Anyways, as holy (sanctuary specific) you have two different "modes", chilling and ham. Chilling=renew/coh/pom, and ham=binding/surge of light procs->poh, or heal after spending a pair of sol procs. The amount of time you spend in each "mode" is dependent on your level of regen. For your current regen levels i would advise against liberal use of binding /flash outside of sol procs excepting cases of emergency or if you have a lot of mana at the end of a fight (phase 3 blast, blackhand, last 20% of beastlord, etc). As you get more spirit such as an ironspike chewtoy you can afford to go ham more often.

2)The question is really mindbender vs sol, since solace is inferior to mindbender for holy post-6.1. Anyway, this is a tricky question. I run surge on every fight because i believe in stacking spirit and liberal use of poh. However in your position i would either take surge and unglyph circle (in sanctuary this saves you around 650 spirit/17160 mana per minute at the cost of 4-5k hps,) or mindbender and glyph it. In my experience surge of light makes holy handle much better in a real-time raid situation, but if you aren't going to be spending any of the generated serendipity on poh then you should almost certainly go mindbender.

3) winged hourglass and and quiescent certainly.
    Last edited by Kenyans; 2015-03-20 at 06:41 PM.