im 16.
    lets see how long till someone calls me a kid

Formerly known as Arafal

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    going by /2 i would say 10-12 max

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah,probably 27.

I'd say mid 30's to 40's, folks in their 20's largely seem to be more into mobas now and kids today have zero interest compared to things like minecraft or whatever the flavour of the month shooter is.

Deleted
    I think it depends on region. In US/EU there are a lot of people playing over 30 but in Asian servers most people are under 30.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started when I was 21 and am turning 33 in 2 1/2 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

I'm willing to bet it's north of 30, personally.

My guild has about 25 active members, mostly in their late 30s; the youngest are probably mid-20s, oldest's around 60. I've been in the same guild since starting in vanilla, so I know most of the members who've since quit are similar ages to our current members - I keep in touch with most of 'em. Over the past 11yrs we've largely kept to ourselves and rarely use the public chat channels. Friends we've met outside of our guild tend to be similar ages to us.

Most of our youngest players (we've had some teenagers over the years) have been related to our older players so they've kinda balanced out - for instance the 16YO was the nephew of one of our 49YOs.

There's a lot more older players than most people suspect, but my guess is we tend to keep more to our guilds; when we venture into LFG / LFR / random battlegrounds we probably don't say much in the dedicated channels, mostly chatting in /g or /w.

I suspect we also tend to be a lot quieter on mmo-champ ... of all the members our guild's ever had, I'm by far the most prolific on here. There are a handful who pop on sometimes to read stuff, but they never post - they probably haven't even created accounts.