Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Can't lie this math is all over the place and there is absolutely no possible chance using a dagger in MH is a 14k dps difference on maidens.

Even if dagger in MH was 5% better overall ( which most sims have shown not even close to that ). It's 5% better for the entirety of a fight you can't add 5% from each phase together to get 15k dps.
    Last edited by Plouffe; 2015-03-26 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moejahi3d View Post
    I simmed it with my gear, a 100second duration and it came out as 5% more dps (3 targets). that's really really really awesome. (with light movement) So for maiden if would rock. The phases with 3 targets is longer than 100seconds, lets see how that goes:
    Boat times: 1:00, 4:20, and 7:40.

So you have 60seconds of 3 targets(before boat 1) + 110sec(after boat1) + 110sec(after boat2). Assuming you are actually taking MAXIMUM time to get the boat done, which is in favor of slow but i'm being generous :P Because in real life most raids finish boat phases long before the 90seconds you get. But hey what the heck, so a total of: 280seconds of 3 targets + Light movement = 14K dps difference for my gear. This is not factoring in that you can swap to Slow weapon for Killing spree which would put the numbers evern further from each other. How is 14k DPS (Slow/Slow: 50kdps - Fast/slow:64k DPS) Marginal? that's almost 30% more dps.

For 7 targets 100 seconds the difference was almost 20% in favor of the dagger.
    ofc, there are no fights that long with that much adds but it just shows that the difference is no small thing.

So i agree to disagree but calling it a "marginal" gain is a bit crazy imo :P Those are some real bad ass dps increases.
    I don't think you understand quite how the math in this situation works. Through your logic and math we could say the follow outrageous claim:

If we find a 2% increase in a 5 second simulation with fast/slow weapons and the fight is 500 seconds, then using your math we would have a 200% dps increase overall... Unfortunately this is not how percentages work or else this would not even be a discussion. There is no way a weapon swap would give anywhere near that type of DPS increase in any reality known to man.

If you want exact number. You sim the total length of the durations with 3ads look at Total dmg done during that time, sim it again for the duration for the "slow weapon" phases, add all the dmg and compare it to Total dmg done with only the slow weapon.

Not even close to 5%? Are you guys even simming it or is it just a feeling?
    Maybe I was nuclear the dps gain I Posted wasnt for the full fight. I only compared the parts with 3adds. But if you want the comparison for the full fight you can do what I Said above? Im not home but ill see what it says when I get home this evening.ps: even if it would be only a 2.5% increase, Lets say 3k dps gain,isnt that sick? Thats a looooot of gear you need for pulling 3k more
    Last edited by Moejahi3d; 2015-03-26 at 08:15 AM.