Deleted

Is it worth getting the expansions?

I am a returning player and have been having fun levelling up a new smuggler. Already had 4 lvl 50 toons which I haven't touched yet, saving them for when I remember how everything works.

For me the value in this game was in the characters personal stories. Starting from nothing and rising to become the biggest badass around with a ship a crew and a girl on my arm. Once the story stopped at 50 I got bored and drifted away.

Do the expansions bring new story content? Will I see my characters stories develop? Is there new interaction with my crew/loveinterest?

Will I as a pve carebear story driven player get my moneys worth?

Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    Do the expansions bring new story content?
    Yes, both expansions (RotHC/SoR) bring new story content.

Will I see my characters stories develop?
    No, the stories are faction based, but there are nods to class story during some cutscenes.

Is there new interaction with my crew/loveinterest?
    As far as I remember, no. There are NPC's you can romance, but I don't believe there's anything new you can do with existing crew.

Can't speak to SoR, but RotHC is free with a months sub and IMO it's worth it. Even if most of the content is no longer relevant, the story is pretty good and there's some nice additions that come with it that make it worth the price of the sub (plus sub benefits).

SNIP...

TO add onto what Edge said, SoR is pretty good. It's worth the $20 for the story, talent tree changes, the extra 5 levels, new areas and the new skills. The story in SoR is a jumping off point that was for the next 2 or 3 larger content releases.

3.2 coming near the end of April is the next content patch that continues the story from SoR. So far, I've enjoyed the content for SoR and 3.2 looks to be a bit of added content, extend the story and add an appearance designer (to where you can finally look how you want without spending a small fortune changing out every armor, mod, enhancement and augment just because you found something you like better)

For $20, I've been pleased with SoR. There have been times I've spend more money on games/expansions and got less thats for sure.

Deleted
    So I could play it through a couple more toons to 50 to see their stories then lvl 1 of each side to max without missing anything on the others. sounds like an idea

Deleted
    So I could play it through a couple more toons to 50 to see their stories then lvl 1 of each side to max without missing anything on the others. sounds like an idea
    Thats exactly the way I will be resubbing, too. I play this alone just for the stories and some brain afk after work leveling, questing, grinding and enjoying the stories.

Yeah it's worth it imo. Revan storyline was cool, but be warned that the hut cartel storyline is kinda/really boring. I hated every second of leveling on that planet.

Deleted
    When logging in, the game offers

SWTOR - SoR Expansion Bundle - Offer

SWTOR Cartel Coins 2400 Points Offer

SWTOR 60 day fixed time package

SWTOR Shadow of Revan Expansion

for 35 Euro instead of 60.

Worth it?

Deleted
    another silly question. what should I be spending cartel coins on? I had a load saved from never removing my security key but I used some on bag space

another silly question. what should I be spending cartel coins on? I had a load saved from never removing my security key but I used some on bag space
    I used mine on Legacy ship unlocks, moddable gear sets, Treek (that loud mouthed furball is freakin OP) and Rocket Boosts.

Fully upgraded rocket boosts are like the greatest thing ever. Every time I play another mmo I miss them. Treek/exp boosts are also good ways to spend your coins. The exp boosts will let you skip the repetitive planetary quests and focus more on the class stories.

I'll be honest with you... if all you care about is the personal stories I wouldn't spend the money on SoR yet. The revan expansion is a single story line with 1 quest that is class specific. There are very minor differences between pub/imp for SoR. You don't even need to do 1 on both factions. You'll basically see everything there is to see in a single play through. The hutt cartel story is a bit different per faction.

Play a couple alts to 50 and see how you feel about the game. If you want to see what else is new then spend the money, but the 50-60 experience isn't like to 1-50 experience. You're still a superstar, but your crew basically becomes hunter/lock pets. The story drifts from your "rise" to the global conflict as a whole. Don't take that as me saying the story is bad, but it definitely doesn't have the same hook as the first 50 levels. There are much worse ways to spend $20.

Like the others I can't praise rocket boost enough and next in line is that loud mouth ewok. It's just an amazing companion you get at level 10 and it makes leveling any toon a breeze. If you just want to spend some coins. I would consider them and unlock treek for the account with coins as well. That way any toon you ever make gets treek at level 10.

I would also mention buying a cartel crystal like +41 power then unlock it by coins per account. You can then spawn that crystal all you want for any toon and +82 power (or crit, endurance depending on what you want) is amazing to have while leveling for MH and OH. Get new gear. Don't pay to pull them out, just sell the gear and spawn a new crystal.

and if you just have this over abundance of coins. You can set yourself up to have most restrictions removed if you ever drop back to preferred or just want to stay preferred/F2P. One of the first things I did as a sub was buy restriction removal tokens off the GTN when I could or with coins (whatever felt the best deal) so that if I ever dropped back to preferred, I would still have the majority of the conveniences of a sub.

Deleted
    how does one go about unlocking treek? legacy menu says I need lvl 40 to unlock him among other things

how does one go about unlocking treek? legacy menu says I need lvl 40 to unlock him among other things
    IIRC - legacy level 40 allows you to unlock treek for 1 million credits. Then you spend some cartel coins to unlock treek for every toon.

If you want to do it for just coins, it's either listed in the cartel market to buy or it's on one of the legacy tabs to buy. (unlock for all toons is a separate price)

Go for the highest credits to cartel coins ratio account unlocks (rocket boots + upgrades like everyone already said, mounting while moving, GTN terminal on ship) or use them to unlock stuff for legacy.

You can either buy her contract from the cartel market for 2100 cartel coins (which requires no legacy level), or for 1 mil credits from a vendor at legacy 40. In both cases you can then unlock the contract for all characters for another 700 cartel coins.
    Last edited by Goshko; 2015-03-27 at 01:53 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No, the stories are faction based, but there are nods to class story during some cutscenes.
    This part is wrong. RotHC Is faction-based with no Class stories. Shadow of Revan both factions do the same Questlines, with there being a couple quests specifically for your Class that kind of "wrap up" loose ends from the 1-50 story.

I was curious to know what can I do different in the new xpac that i can't do already?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    This part is wrong. RotHC Is faction-based with no Class stories. Shadow of Revan both factions do the same Questlines, with there being a couple quests specifically for your Class that kind of "wrap up" loose ends from the 1-50 story.
    Oh, wow, really? I thought they still had faction bases stories for SoR : /

Deleted
    i played during the hutt cartel expac , it was ok , but I really liked the revan one , was well worth 11 pounds to get it .

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh, wow, really? I thought they still had faction bases stories for SoR : /
    The quests are the same but the dialogue in between when talk to either the Empire side or Republic side of the Coalition is slightly different. Kind of like Throne of Thunder Dailies, where the 2 factions still did the sames quests but gathered them from different sides.

If you can wait a bit longer, they will be included in the standard sub soon, probably by the summer