15+ Year Old Account
    Man, farming gold in this game is pain in the ass while buying online is really cheap. for $20, I was able to buy 1.000.000.
    I'm liking the game though, it has improved a lot since 2014. Although I've spent about €150 in the first month of my playtime lol, bought a bunch of crown gems and other stuff for the game.
    What is the endgame here?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Collect all the things!
    Well I'm not much of a collector. But the combat is fun and the visuals are fine, so I guess I'll stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Well I'm not much of a collector. But the combat is fun and the visuals are fine, so I guess I'll stick around.
    farming gold in this game is pretty easy actualy all things considered. even without a trading guild, there are more options then say - WoW. with trading guild - simplest thing - farm all mats, sell them raw. trade system is a bit convoluted (with the whole needing a guild and that's just a start) but its also very active.

end game is pretty standard. raids - trials, and dungeons. there is are variety of dailies, but unlike veteran trials/dungeons - they are not restricted to max level, with exception of undaunted dailies, which start at lvl 45. because game scales everyone up - bulk of the game is opened to you pretty much the moment you get out of tutorial. pvp and normal mode dungeons are available at lvl 10. also, becasue of the scaling and the fact that hitting lvl 50 =/= hitting end game, you are still leveling your champion levels (think paragon in diablo, or, heck - wow's azerite neck thing kinda sorta also is similar, but its closer to diablo's paragon system, as its cross character) - edges of what constitutes end game are blurred.

and yes, collecting, crafting, decorating is its own end game. that said, if you are not into collecting, gold very quickly becomes less useful. most end game BiS sets are BoP drops

P.S. obligatory reminder that you buy gold from gold sellers at your own risk, its against ToS, stolen credit cards are a possibility when you do that, we all hate you becasue we all hate bots and buying gold from bot farmers keeps them coming back to the game to annoy us.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2018-10-09 at 01:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone bite me for lycanthropy name your price and send me a whisper PC NA.

Got it, I am now a doggy just when I thought stam nb couldn't get better in pvp
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2018-10-10 at 06:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Can anyone bite me for lycanthropy name your price and send me a whisper PC NA.

Got it, I am now a doggy just when I thought stam nb couldn't get better in pvp
    Tip for the future just hangout at a shrine and someone will come bute you

Picked this up on PS4 again. Missing a bit of DLC which I might get as a Christmas present.

Not gonna lie these Prophet quests started to bore me so I just ran off and did my own thing in Summerset and the Alik'r Desert.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn I didn't realize they are giving us murkmire for free.. just log in 24 days next month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Picked this up on PS4 again. Missing a bit of DLC which I might get as a Christmas present.

Not gonna lie these Prophet quests started to bore me so I just ran off and did my own thing in Summerset and the Alik'r Desert.
    That's the beauty of One Tamriel. Bored with your current quests? Go some where else! No worries about level gating.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I played this game some in beta and a little bit after release, got busy with life and didn't get very far. Decided to give it a try, and liking it so far. I'm having issues finding gear upgrades. It seems the auction house doesn't have much. What's the best way to get better gear? Secondly, what'sa decent way for a new player to earn some gold?
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    I played this game some in beta and a little bit after release, got busy with life and didn't get very far. Decided to give it a try, and liking it so far. I'm having issues finding gear upgrades. It seems the auction house doesn't have much. What's the best way to get better gear? Secondly, what'sa decent way for a new player to earn some gold?
    crafting is prob the next best way.

crafting dailies and stealing/fencing is a good way to get your initial gold. if you want faster - you need to get into trading. that pretty much requires trading guild

there is no AH, only individual guild traders, as in each trader represents separate guild, so each trader will have separate set of item listings. most of the time, you won't find leveling gear on traders, its just not worth selling for most people as you outlevel it pretty quickly. personaly, when i level characters, i just gear them via daily random dungeon and quest rewards. overland is forgiving enough that you don't need to be constantly upgraded, just having quest reward greens is good enough usually.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found that if you just do daily BG and your daily reward is enough to gain a ridiculous amount of pvp currency to buy gear from the vendor in cyrodiil. For me the merchant was in bruma and the gear boxes are cheap af. 5k a piece if I remember right, I've had a full set and tried multiples to test out builds on my way to 50 since like lvl 20 when I figure this out.

Crafting merchants also have gear boxes, but I think can only give you up to green quality so I never spent my gold on them, but they are much more accessible and good enough gear to get you through regular play. Honestly gear doesn't really matter that much in pve while leveling. I wanted to hit harder in pvp so I spent a lot of my currency to keep a set of spriggans and cowards set according to my level depending on what I was doing. You get so many alliance points it's like you aren't spending anything at all.. it's pretty great. I don't know if there is a pvp merchant outside of cyrodiil but trust me it's worth it if you want gear sets before 50.

You can get ppl to craft for you as well, I would not bother crafting until later. You need to discover lots of stuff and its time consuming. A good idea is to 'learn' traits from gear as you level because they take hours to research passively once you start it.

Tomorrow is the halloween event, 100% xp and alliance point bonus. Its the perfect time to level or farm your CP. Easiest way to get gold is probably by being a thief just steal everything from houses and what not and sell to a fence. I wouldn't even bother pickpocketing since you will get caught a lot without points in the skill line but anyone can steal stuff in general without high sneak skill and turn a good profit.

1 thing you should do daily, even if you don't plan on playing that day is just log in real quick and spend the 250 gold at the stable merchant to level your mount speed.. you will thank me later. It takes 20 hours between every time you can do that and 60 times to max it lol just make sure that character is going to be your main.

I make a ton of gold just looting everything during my dailies and at the end of it all merch everything.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2018-10-17 at 05:55 PM.

Thanks for the tips folks.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played this game some in beta and a little bit after release, got busy with life and didn't get very far. Decided to give it a try, and liking it so far. I'm having issues finding gear upgrades. It seems the auction house doesn't have much.
    There is no one overarching auction house, you sell things through your guild; many guilds are dedicated to being trading guilds. So every guild vendor you go to is a different store with different stuff on it.

You can use a site like this: https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade/Search to find specific things, its scans the guild traders that people who have the addon go to and compiles all guild traders that have been scanned in one place. It isn't always accurate though, people who don't have the addon and buy things off those guild vendors isn't reflected on the site, so you may go there and it won't have the item, this is especially true for abnormally low priced things, they will get snagged up almost instantly; but its mostly accurate.

What's the best way to get better gear?
    - Buying from guild vendors via the above link, just look up a particular set.

- Joining a guild and asking someone to craft one of the crafted sets for you (probably unlikely to craft low level gear for you unless you specifically join a self-described new player/friendly guild)...

- Or just farm. Its actually very straightforward to farm the dropped sets in this game... Go on https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets and look up one of the zone sets you might like while leveling.

For example the Necropotence set from Rivenspire is a popular one for Magicka sorcerers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fextralife
    Necropotence Set

(2 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka

(3 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka

(4 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka

(5 items) While you have pets active, increase Max Magicka by 3150

---
    Where to find:

Rivenspire

- Delve bosses have a chance to drop a waist or feet set piece from the zone they are located in.
    - Each boss also has a small chance to drop a unique set piece.
    - Overland group bosses have a 100% chance to drop head, chest, legs, or weapon set piece from the zone they are located in.
    - Public dungeon bosses have a chance to drop a shoulder, hand, or weapon set piece from the zone they are located in.
    - Treasure Chests gained from defeating a Dark Anchor have a 100% chance to drop a ring or amulet set piece form the zone they are located in.
    - Treasure chests found in the world have a chance to grant any set piece that can drop in that zone:
    --- Simple chests have a slight chance of dropping an item set piece.
    --- Intermediate chests have a good chance of dropping an item set piece
    --- Advanced and Master chests have a guaranteed chance of dropping an item set piece.
    - If you have the Treasure Hunter Champion Passive, both the above chances and quality of an item will be improved.
    - Treasure chests found from a Treasure Map have a guaranteed chance to drop one random set piece that can drop in that zone.
    - Major quests have been updated to reward a green or blue-quality set piece.
    - Regular monsters throughout Tamriel have a small chance of dropping any item set piece that can drop in that zone
    And it will dropped scaled to your level, usually blue or even purple.

Secondly, what'sa decent way for a new player to earn some gold?
    Probably just questing. You will get a couple hundred gold from quest turn ins and a couple dozen more selling the items they give you. Go download a map addon like Map Pins (https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1881-MapPins.html), you can enable markers on your map to where chests can spawn in every zone and just keep an eye out while questing, free loot when you see one.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I am getting ridiculous amount of CP with the 100% xp buff, where are you guys farming if at all? After dailies I am not sure what to do. I don't want to waste my couple weeks of buff! I am almost 160 after just 2 days of hitting 50 lol so I can finally start gathering my gear. I want to be high enough CP where I don't scare people away when I try vet content and such.

Ok so i just returned to this game after quite a long absence, and i'm pretty confused. I logged in on my old main char, level 50 cp 23, but for some reason, all of my gear is level 40. I get absolutely fucking shredded by pretty much every enemy out there, but i only have 4000 gold for some weird reason, so buying better gear is not an option for now. Every gearing guide i managed to look up starts with "grind to cp 160", which doesn't sound enjoyable when i almost die every couple of seconds. I know gear doesn't matter much before hitting that threshold, but i just want to know where i can acquire some basic level 50 gear so that world content becomes a bit more bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Ok so i just returned to this game after quite a long absence, and i'm pretty confused. I logged in on my old main char, level 50 cp 23, but for some reason, all of my gear is level 40. I get absolutely fucking shredded by pretty much every enemy out there, but i only have 4000 gold for some weird reason, so buying better gear is not an option for now. Every gearing guide i managed to look up starts with "grind to cp 160", which doesn't sound enjoyable when i almost die every couple of seconds. I know gear doesn't matter much before hitting that threshold, but i just want to know where i can acquire some basic level 50 gear so that world content becomes a bit more bearable.
    Do some normal dungeons, most are pretty easy to get through quickly and you'll be able to pick up some easy gear. That sounds really odd about your gear though, never heard of anything like that >.>

The "grind to 160" isn't bad at all. When I play I largely just tinker around clearing out zones of all quests/delves etc. with my janky gear/build and occasionally run dungeons (healer queues are super fast) now and again. Getting to 160 is pretty quick and that's where gear caps out in power.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Do some normal dungeons, most are pretty easy to get through quickly and you'll be able to pick up some easy gear. That sounds really odd about your gear though, never heard of anything like that >.>

The "grind to 160" isn't bad at all. When I play I largely just tinker around clearing out zones of all quests/delves etc. with my janky gear/build and occasionally run dungeons (healer queues are super fast) now and again. Getting to 160 is pretty quick and that's where gear caps out in power.
    Thanks man, i'll queue up for some normals tomorrow. Any idea how long the average queue time is as dps?
    Also, is it normal that my lvl 20 alt characters have almost twice as much hp as my lvl 50 char? Oo

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Thanks man, i'll queue up for some normals tomorrow. Any idea how long the average queue time is as dps?
    Also, is it normal that my lvl 20 alt characters have almost twice as much hp as my lvl 50 char? Oo
    Sadly no, only really ever queued as healer.

And that sounds...weird. All characters and their gear should be normalized to level 50. Even starting at level 1 your stats are normalized to 50...maybe put in a ticket to see if there's something weird going on support can fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sadly no, only really ever queued as healer.

And that sounds...weird. All characters and their gear should be normalized to level 50. Even starting at level 1 your stats are normalized to 50...maybe put in a ticket to see if there's something weird going on support can fix?
    Hmmm, guess i'll do that. It does all seem a bit strange. I'll report back in a while^^ Thanks a lot for your help.