Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    True thieves are cats!
    I thieve on both cat and a bosmer, but seriously... bosmer are supposed to be sneaky wood elf types, not the other people sneak detecting type >_>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    Regarding dungeons, from my experience as a low-skill casual is that they can be hit and miss. Some are fairly easy, especially once you get used to the ESO combat system and animations. Others, not at all and I am talking about Normal LFG dungeons in a PUG. What you make out of it is partly up to you, but some dungeons on Normal can kick your arse.

Regarding the expansion, I do agree with a lot of people on the ESO forums that they should have solo, story-mode versions of the new dungeons if they will put the seasonal story there. I have NEVER been able to listen to any quest giver in any dungeon because there is always at least one person rushing at the front for a speed run without waiting. I don't blame them, they have probably done those dungeons a million times, but I haven't. This was a massive issue in SWTOR and another one of the bizarre decisions ZOS copied in this game's dungeons.

I am waiting to see what other changes and additions they will announce, but I am probably pre-ordering (for the second time ever, first being WotLK!) as I am thoroughly enjoying many aspects of the game atm.
    at least swtor added a solo version so you CAN do the quests at your own pace now. one of the better decisions they made

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but that would mean you have to play the Steam client version. . .
    Yes. But what is the difference? I heard players complaining about issues with the Steam version, but so far, I have not had any issues. Been playing almost everyday since Nov. Then again, I do not use any mods. Not sure if that makes a difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I bought Elsweyr Digital Collectors Edition Upgrade for 42e from greenmangaming (8e cheaper than from ESO Store or Steam, my game is non-Steam anyway)
    That is cool. I got the base game, which included Morrowind and Summerset for free. As a gift for my Steam wallet from my son for my birthday. Then for Christmas he gave me another one, which I used to purchase some crowns for no cost to myself. So each person has to look at what is best for them.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post

at least swtor added a solo version so you CAN do the quests at your own pace now. one of the better decisions they made
    Yeah, I forgot about that, it's been a while since I last played that game. Hopefully we'll get something similar with (at least) all the story and quests, they can keep the (better) loot in the group version of the dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Yes. But what is the difference? I heard players complaining about issues with the Steam version, but so far, I have not had any issues. Been playing almost everyday since Nov. Then again, I do not use any mods. Not sure if that makes a difference.
    periodic login issues. something about steam just doesn't play well with ESO launcher some of the time. and you cannot launch game directly, HAVE to launch it through the steam play button and the modified launcher

10+ Year Old Account
    periodic login issues. something about steam just doesn't play well with ESO launcher some of the time. and you cannot launch game directly, HAVE to launch it through the steam play button and the modified launcher
    Yeah, I have seen players complain about that. But it has not happened to myself. Yet. The game launches fine and plays very well. I have a in game friend who plays ESO and he got his version directly from ESO's website and the last patch they had the other day, he had issues logging in. Said many players on the forums was complaining about it. I had no issues at all that day. He uses mods however and I do not. But I am not sure that creates a issue with logging on after a patch.

The advantage of Steam for myself is being able to try a game to see if I like it or not. They have been good on giving me refunds on games I have tried and did not like. Also the Steam wallet feature, for receiving gifts from friends and family, is really nice.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Yeah, I have seen players complain about that. But it has not happened to myself. Yet. The game launches fine and plays very well. I have a in game friend who plays ESO and he got his version directly from ESO's website and the last patch they had the other day, he had issues logging in. Said many players on the forums was complaining about it. I had no issues at all that day. He uses mods however and I do not. But I am not sure that creates a issue with logging on after a patch.

The advantage of Steam for myself is being able to try a game to see if I like it or not. They have been good on giving me refunds on games I have tried and did not like. Also the Steam wallet feature, for receiving gifts from friends and family, is really nice.
    mods have nothing to do with logging in though. I actualy believe it or not, use the same exact set of mods for both my steam copy and my regular copy (yes, I have more then one account, humble bundle happened and I wanted a pet that came with it :P) - becasue they are in a completely separate folder from actual game.

issues with logging in with normal copy are rare and can be fixed with repairing the launcher. issues with steam logins are widespread for everyone that has a steam copy and have to do with specifically steam issues. something something authentication problems. only people with steam copies not affected are the ones that got their copy long enough time ago that they can actualy bypass steam launcher all together. newer accounts can no longer do that

7+ Year Old Account
    This game isn't gonna die anytime soon is it? thinking of checking it out, just want an active community to play around with/need a new time passer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    This game isn't gonna die anytime soon is it? thinking of checking it out, just want an active community to play around with/need a new time passer.
    Well there is enogh quests for like 60-90 days depending how quick you play (and if you read the text). It took me a day or 2 to finish one single zone.
    Grathwood and Shadowfen took me the longest to finish. Riverspire also takes quite long.
    You can pretend you play ES 6. (and ignore every player araund you)

10+ Year Old Account
    mods have nothing to do with logging in though. I actualy believe it or not, use the same exact set of mods for both my steam copy and my regular copy (yes, I have more then one account, humble bundle happened and I wanted a pet that came with it :P) - becasue they are in a completely separate folder from actual game.

issues with logging in with normal copy are rare and can be fixed with repairing the launcher. issues with steam logins are widespread for everyone that has a steam copy and have to do with specifically steam issues. something something authentication problems. only people with steam copies not affected are the ones that got their copy long enough time ago that they can actualy bypass steam launcher all together. newer accounts can no longer do that
    Well, it has not happened to me yet and even if one day it does...I will not get bent out of shape to wait a day or two and try again. But I can see where it would be frustrating for many. I just do not take it that serous I guess. Yeah, I also checked out if you can launch the game independent of Steam and you can not.

- - - Updated - - -

I have noticed there are a lot of players on when I been playing. But I mainly play it as a RPG, like I did with Skyrim and Witcher 3. And I actually think it is better than those two great RPG's. You feel more connected to your char and the art work, lore, story and such, is outstanding.

Well, it has not happened to me yet and even if one day it does...I will not get bent out of shape to wait a day or two and try again. But I can see where it would be frustrating for many. I just do not take it that serous I guess. Yeah, I also checked out if you can launch the game independent of Steam and you can not.

- - - Updated - - -

I have noticed there are a lot of players on when I been playing. But I mainly play it as a RPG, like I did with Skyrim and Witcher 3. And I actually think it is better than those two great RPG's. You feel more connected to your char and the art work, lore, story and such, is outstanding.
    that's cause steam hasn't been having issues recently. like i said its not an individual issue, its steam issue so when outage happens - everyone with steam copy is affected, but who knows, maybe they finally fixed what ever that was? here's to hoping.

and yeah, the game has a few years in it at least. how many years specifically? no idea, but at a minimum i would expect it to stay around up until release of ES6. we are getting content updates every 3 months and they are constantly working on general improvements. some people would say - working too slow, but.. /shrug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of a specific question but anyone have any recommendations for ceiling lights in a dark brotherhood type of aesthetic (stone or dark metal)

Sithis is a bit too dark right now

10+ Year Old Account
    I am hoping for a decent looking house in the next year. I have a lot of crowns and I want to grab a manor but nothing available right now impresses me.
    Yea I was in the same boat. I came back around May last year when I was sick of Argus and was really bummed when I missed Erstwhile Sanctuary. Then it showed up for Black Fridas and problem solved.

Still waiting for the other Sithis statue but there's a dark brotherhood/thieves guild coming up so hoping it'll be up during that.

That and the Brassy Assassin personality and Adorable Assassin would get a nice chunk of coin out of me

Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    Kind of a specific question but anyone have any recommendations for ceiling lights in a dark brotherhood type of aesthetic (stone or dark metal)

Sithis is a bit too dark right now
    if the top of my head - these lanterns work well I think https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/lantern-of-anguish/ or https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/daedric-chandelier-ritual/ https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/indoril-...lier-knotwork/ as a crafted possibility, aside from that maybe https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/orcish-chandelier-spiked/ ?

or https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/redguard-chandelier-dark/ - also craftable

and there's this, a wall rather then ceiling light, but its from dark brotherhood achievement vendor and so most certainly their aesthetic https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/sanctuary-sconce/

- - - Updated - - -

I am hoping for a decent looking house in the next year. I have a lot of crowns and I want to grab a manor but nothing available right now impresses me.
    I guess its all a matter of taste? but I'm housing obsessed, so the only reason I don't have ALL the houses is that I had to physicaly stop myself from spending spo much IRL money on digital houses - but houses you can buy with gold? oh yeah, baby. Daggerfall overlook is my fave of the base manors.

kinda both wishing for and yet dreading houses becoming giftable. cause then I'll be completely sunk. Zanmeer manor IMO is really really nice, just... too pricey for my blood :/

10+ Year Old Account
    if the top of my head - these lanterns work well I think https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/lantern-of-anguish/ or https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/daedric-chandelier-ritual/ https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/indoril-...lier-knotwork/ as a crafted possibility, aside from that maybe https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/orcish-chandelier-spiked/ ?

or https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/redguard-chandelier-dark/ - also craftable

and there's this, a wall rather then ceiling light, but its from dark brotherhood achievement vendor and so most certainly their aesthetic https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/sanctuary-sconce/
    Awesome ty.

https://imgur.com/a/SePSaCY

What I'm working with right now. Throne isn't really standing out

Edit: Yea Indoril and the Orcish are perfect style wise...prolly will be Indoril though since the Orcish looks like it might be too big
    Last edited by Seiklis; 2019-01-18 at 09:02 PM.

New to the game for the most part, but I really like the look of the telvanni armor set motifs.

I know where you can get them (telvanni npcs in morrowind) but does someone know where I might be able to buy them? Every player shop I've found is full of garbage or the same 5~ motifs.

Unless there is a good place to farm them. I can do that too, just everything I read was that the drop rate is low as shit and they sell for cheap so just buy them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It's one of the stronger MMO's on the market. I reckon it'll carry on for another five years, if not longer.

I am very tempted to buy the Alinor Townhouse but I want something with a bigger garden. The Xanmeer is too gloomy. The fish tanks are gorgeous but there is rubble everywhere and an open floor plan. Other than that I guess I like the High Hall.

- - - Updated - - -

Which guild stores did you try? At least in EU you should try Mournhold and Belkarth.

I'm NA but I'll still go poke around those areas and see what I can find, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    I'm NA but I'll still go poke around those areas and see what I can find, thanks.
    TTC is not 100% reliable, but should give you general idea - you can search the site by keywords and then visit specific traders.

https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade

Rawl'ka is another busy location, but bear in mind.... busy locations = better selection BUT also generally higher prices.

as for farming them, i honestly haven't found them THAT difficult to farm, but it CAN take some time investment. my fave place was a temple in.. I want to say Sadrith Mora, but I'm actualy not sure of specific name and can't find the map online with town names, darn it. but basically its a temple with 2 priests (the town is sort of in between vivec city and Halls of fabrication trial on the right side of the map), one per floor and no guards inside. so i basically parked my thieves in there and would periodically pick-pick-stab the priests every time they respawned after dying. part of the reason I like it is becasue you also get 6 unique vvardenfel furnishing patterns from them, they have a chance to drop regular furnishing patterns AND they also give you candles and incense occasionally. typically I'd be watching something on netflix on my second screen and just leisurely murderising those priests for a few days.

the only thing is, you cannot guarantee that they will drop ONLY Telvanni, as their loot table includes all 3 great house patterns.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It's one of the stronger MMO's on the market. I reckon it'll carry on for another five years, if not longer.
    what's the end game like? is it raid or die? or something else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    what's the end game like? is it raid or die? or something else?
    The End Game is... well. There are no item levels, instead gear is level-based (Going from level 1-50 and then champion points 10-160) so your best in slot is set-based. That set might come from PvP, Crafting, Raiding, Dungeons or a mixture of all of them. Once you have your BiS you'll likely keep using it for a while until it's nerfed. Since better gear coming along is quite rare.

Besides gear there's also a gigantic skillgap between players who are good and players who are less good. Following class guides is pointless for the most part because they expect you to be highly skilled and capable of things like consistent animation canceling.

Because of this the main rewards for raiding and high-end dungeons seem to be mostly cosmetic. Leaving them a very one-and-done affair.

Overall it's a mess and I personally can't be bothered with it.

ESO is one of those MMO's where the main content is really just leveling and exploration with endgame being a side thing for the most part. There's hundreds of hours of content to do but if you're only interested in endgame then it's probably not for you.

The questing content that is in ESO is brilliant. Easily some of the best I've seen come out of an MMO with dialogue, choices, consequences and all the other stuff typical of an Elder Scrolls Game.